Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mad_Hatter

Odometer Tax

1 hour ago, Meister_Rebel said:

I thought they were already collecting this from the required smog inspections.

"In Clark and Washoe counties, the odometer information will be automatically added to smog check data the DMV already collects during the registration process."

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

8 hours ago, BestintheWest said:

"In Clark and Washoe counties, the odometer information will be automatically added to smog check data the DMV already collects during the registration process."

I'm guessing that was in the part of the article I couldn't read.  I'm not a subscriber to that paper so most of the article is deleted except for a couple of opening paragraphs.

I had thought they were already collecting that from the smog data.

7 hours ago, Lester_in_reno said:

Washoe county taxes every gallon of gasoline sold. I'm sure Clark is the same.

You'd think they could figure it out from that.

Clark County has a FUEL INDEXING TAX above the regular state tax rate to pay for road work in Clark County - Can't get the state to pay for anything so it's up to Clark & Washoe to pay for whatever they need

It's almost impossible to get the rural counties to pony up anything, but then the rural people probably can't graps why there needs to be taxes since they live in towns that have hardly changed since 1880 except for a little asphalt & a light bulb here and there - The area between Beatty over to Lincoln County up to Ely and across Hwy 50 to Austin Eureka and down to Hawthorne has basically little of anything new or notable since the 1920's 

When you live in this in Tonopah, your main expense is meth & beer 

Image result for tonopah nv

A fixer upper in Goldfield for the discerning investor or witness protection person 

Image result for goldfield nv

Here's a beauty in Beatty with LANDSCAPING, well it's a tree, but it might be alive 

Image result for beatty nv

5 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

If it in fact goes to those uses. 

It does by statute:

• Federal tax: Of this 18.4 cents, 15.44 cents goes to the highway fund for roads, 2.86 cents for mass transit and 0.1 cent for leaking underground storage.

• State tax: Of this 18.455 cents, 17.65 cents goes to the state highway fund, 0.75 cents for petroleum cleanup and 0.055 cents is for an inspection fee for gasoline.

• Washoe County tax: This 10.96 cents goes to Reno, Sparks and Washoe County for road maintenance.

• RTC tax: By statute, this 32.89 cents can only be used to fund road construction and improvements not buses nor bus maintenance.

44 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Can you think of a better/fairer way to pay for road and highway construction and maintenance?

Taxing the bejesus out of semis

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

38 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Clark County has a FUEL INDEXING TAX above the regular state tax rate to pay for road work in Clark County - Can't get the state to pay for anything so it's up to Clark & Washoe to pay for whatever they need

It's almost impossible to get the rural counties to pony up anything, but then the rural people probably can't graps why there needs to be taxes since they live in towns that have hardly changed since 1880 except for a little asphalt & a light bulb here and there - The area between Beatty over to Lincoln County up to Ely and across Hwy 50 to Austin Eureka and down to Hawthorne has basically little of anything new or notable since the 1920's 

When you live in this in Tonopah, your main expense is meth & beer 

Image result for tonopah nv

A fixer upper in Goldfield for the discerning investor or witness protection person 

Image result for goldfield nv

Here's a beauty in Beatty with LANDSCAPING, well it's a tree, but it might be alive 

Image result for beatty nv

I am retiring April 30, the last two would be ideal for hoarding and starting a perpetual garage sale business.  As long as California home prices hold up, I may be able to afford Battle Mountain.   

110926run_defense710.jpg

Just now, renoskier said:

Considering their MPG, doesn't the fuel tax already do that?

Not even remotely close. Semis get 5-7 mpg but they damage the road far, far than the proportionate fuel use. Depending on the type of damage it can be as much as something like a thousand times as many cars. Every highway road and bridge are designed exclusively for semi loads and for wearing based on semi traffic per day; car traffic per day just doesn't matter except on residential roads. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.