Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fearthefumanchu

OT- to the cord cutters

So, this is my first football season since cutting the cord, I figured out how to get access to all games, but how the heck do you check what station (not network) something will be on. 

For example, the Raiders play tonight, it's on CBS, but I have no idea if the local affiliate will be airing it. The local TV station's website is no help. How do you guys do this part?

Thanks for any help.

Guest #1Stunner
5 minutes ago, fearthefumanchu said:

So, this is my first football season since cutting the cord, I figured out how to get access to all games, but how the heck do you check what station (not network) something will be on. 

For example, the Raiders play tonight, it's on CBS, but I have no idea if the local affiliate will be airing it. The local TV station's website is no help. How do you guys do this part?

Thanks for any help.

Here's the best one for College Football that I've found:

http://www.lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm

I'm not a huge NFL fan, but they have some weird broadcasting/streaming rights. It depends on if your local affiliate carriers the broadcasting and streaming rights. Usually during the regular season - Hulu Live (what I have) will play whatever games are airing locally.  

I think most preseason games aren't available in the same way because most local affiliates don't have the streaming rights.

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/some-nfl-preseason-games-are-blacked-out-on-directv-now-att-tv-now-hulu-youtube-tv-more-because-of-old-contracts/

17 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I'm not a huge NFL fan, but they have some weird broadcasting/streaming rights. It depends on if your local affiliate carriers the broadcasting and streaming rights. Usually during the regular season - Hulu Live (what I have) will play whatever games are airing locally.  

I think most preseason games aren't available in the same way because most local affiliates don't have the streaming rights.

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/some-nfl-preseason-games-are-blacked-out-on-directv-now-att-tv-now-hulu-youtube-tv-more-because-of-old-contracts/

I was able to watch the first two games, but have no idea if the third is airing tonight.

20 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

This is fantastic, thank you. Aggie Blue mint on me next time you're in UT! 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

1 hour ago, fearthefumanchu said:

Thanks for any help.

May I ask what service you landed on? I cut four-ish years ago. I’m on YouTubeTV these days. 

TV: Local broadcasts in Bay Area on KTVU-2/KICU-36, Las Vegas on KVVU, Sacramento on KCRA My 58, Los Angeles on KTLA 5 (Los Angeles), and Hawaii on KHON 2. TSN Canada

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 hour ago, fearthefumanchu said:

Thanks for any help.

Do you have an HD antenna for OTA channels?  What type of TV do you have?  I have a guide on my Roku TV when I am on the antenna channels when I push the directional arrow all the way to the left.  OTA is best for CBS, NBC, ABC, and Fox in my opinion.  

Think the LV market gets Rams, Chargers, Cardinals, Broncos, 49'ers & Raiders all on local stations in pre-season.........I know in recent weeks when these teams have played each other we get the same game on two channels with each teams broadcast 

26 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

I have the same. With price increases it’s not that much cheaper than cable. Hey 

One of the big complaints from the listeners on my local sports radio program is that Comcast and Cox are not airing SEC and ACC games on cbs. It's a contract dispute between the network and the cable companies. 

The question everyone seems to have is ' what is the best way to view games' ....hulu, youtube, etc. 

There's a big push for listeners to push back at the cable providers but we all know they really don't care. Their customer service is horrible in good times.

2 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

One of the big complaints from the listeners on my local sports radio program is that Comcast and Cox are not airing SEC and ACC games on cbs. It's a contract dispute between the network and the cable companies. 

The question everyone seems to have is ' what is the best way to view games' ....hulu, youtube, etc. 

There's a big push for listeners to push back at the cable providers but we all know they really don't care. Their customer service is horrible in good times.

I say good. 😂 I hate both of those conferences. 

15 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

I say good. 😂 I hate both of those conferences. 

I know, i laugh too. But I get their angst, their used to watching the games on a provider they pay for... i think the other avenues are confusing to them. P5 problems i guess.

Thanks to streaming I can catch Nevada games. If I had to rely on cable here I'd never see the Wolf Pack play 

7 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

I like that it has SiriusXM  programming as well just in case I'm on the road.  I'll have to keep that link.  Thanks.

I use http://mattsarzsports.com/  It's good for both college basketball and football.  The hyperlinks also make it easy to get to any streaming videos.  

12 hours ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

ACC doesnt have any connection to CBS.  Disney owns all their rights.  And there's no current dispute between CBS and either Cox or Comcast.  If there's an issue, its between the cable companies and the owner of the local affiliate, not CBS.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

16 hours ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Exactly why we canceled DirecTV. No CBS means no AFC NFL games. Football is all I use TV for.