Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

calspartan

SJSU admission - you need a 4.0 GPA and 1525/1600 SAT to get into Engineering CS?

9 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Computer Science Engineering is a level above basic engineering majors such as civil, mechanical, and electrical engineering. 

Fortunately, for those that don’t do so well in HS and drop out, they can get into the Fresno St. Engineering School with a GED. 

On a serious note, just because a kid has questionable HS grades doesn’t automatically mean they’d do poorly if accepted. 

I had shitty grades in HS, but got good enough grades at Point Loma College to transfer into SDSU after my sophomore year. I dicked around and went to party’s way too much, and Only got a 2.8 GPA for my Business/Marketing Degree. Then after a shitty 3 years of being an auto adjuster at Farmers Insurance, I went to community college for 2 years and got great grades. Then I transferred to UNLV. This time I was more mature and dedicated. And instead of having party friends, I made friends with some smart people that studied all the time. So it kept me focused, and I finished with a 3.7 GPA for my Civil Engineering degree. I had a 3.7 for classes at UNLV and community college. Always being on the deans list was new to me, and then Tau Beta Pi, the national engineering honor society asked me to join and I did.

So what you're saying is that SDSU is so much more rigorously academic than UNLV that a 2.8 in business at SDSU is equivalent to a 3.7 at UNLV in civil engineering?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

10 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Computer Science Engineering is a level above basic engineering majors such as civil, mechanical, and electrical engineering. 

Fortunately, for those that don’t do so well in HS and drop out, they can get into the Fresno St. Engineering School with a GED. 

On a serious note, just because a kid has questionable HS grades doesn’t automatically mean they’d do poorly if accepted. 

I had shitty grades in HS, but got good enough grades at Point Loma College to transfer into SDSU after my sophomore year. I dicked around and went to party’s way too much, and Only got a 2.8 GPA for my Business/Marketing Degree. Then after a shitty 3 years of being an auto adjuster at Farmers Insurance, I went to community college for 2 years and got great grades. Then I transferred to UNLV. This time I was more mature and dedicated. And instead of having party friends, I made friends with some smart people that studied all the time. So it kept me focused, and I finished with a 3.7 GPA for my Civil Engineering degree. I had a 3.7 for classes at UNLV and community college. Always being on the deans list was new to me, and then Tau Beta Pi, the national engineering honor society asked me to join and I did.

WTF? Computer Engineering is a level above “basic engineering?  Ignorant.

4 hours ago, happycamper said:

So what you're saying is that SDSU is so much more rigorously academic than UNLV that a 2.8 in business at SDSU is equivalent to a 3.7 at UNLV in civil engineering?

Good Lord you are stupid. 

"Then I transferred to UNLV. This time I was more mature and dedicated. And instead of having party friends, I made friends with some smart people that studied all the time. So it kept me focused, and I finished with a 3.7 GPA for my Civil Engineering degree." 

kat.jpg

4 hours ago, happycamper said:

No.  He is saying that when he put's his mind to it he can achieve decent grades, if you give him at least two shots at everything.  Good for him.

58 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Good Lord you are stupid. 

"Then I transferred to UNLV. This time I was more mature and dedicated. And instead of having party friends, I made friends with some smart people that studied all the time. So it kept me focused, and I finished with a 3.7 GPA for my Civil Engineering degree." 

So you're saying that if you spend 2 rigorous years at a community college that UNLV offers an easy degree?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

With such a highly acclaimed engineering program, you’d think SJSU would at least have blueprints for their stadium construction. Instead, they have a bunch of Bush league renderings made with a Windows 95 compatible program. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg