Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

How did this guy get a grenade launcher?

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Nothing like a privileged white male explaining to a person of color why he is racist.

There's no law that says only white people can be racist.  @Uncle Juan says racist shit, I'll call him a racist.  It's that simple.

2 minutes ago, Orange said:

There's no law that says only white people can be racist.  @Uncle Juan says racist shit, I'll call him a racist.  It's that simple.

We’ve already discussed this.  Only white people can be racist because they’re the ones who hold the power.  You even agreed with that statement.  @Uncle Juan can’t be racist as he’s not white.  He can be bigoted but not racist.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

6 minutes ago, mugtang said:

We’ve already discussed this.  Only white people can be racist because they’re the ones who hold the power.  You even agreed with that statement.  @Uncle Juan can’t be racist as he’s not white.  He can be bigoted but not racist.  

That’s total bull shit. Who indoctrinated you? 

Just now, soupslam1 said:

That’s total bull shit. Who indoctrinated you? 

Blame @youngrebelfan40.  He opened my eyes to it. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

19 hours ago, mugtang said:

Geez.....

Freakin' tweaker. Meth is at the root in this case. It's a scourge on society. :rolleyes: 

5 hours ago, mugtang said:

A convicted felon can’t pass the required background checks to own a gun.  If he acquired them through a private party then we need to fix that loophole and require the transfer of firearms take place at a FFL where a background check is performed.  

I'm all for it.

Except, I'm not gonna pay that $25 transfer fee and the $25 background check costs.

If the left wants to meet in the middle, make that shit free. Until then I wouldn't follow that law. I only sell/trade to people I know. So I'm not paying $50 to make a liberal sleep better at night pretending they made a difference.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

6 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

I'm all for it.

Except, I'm not gonna pay that $25 transfer fee and the $25 background check costs.

If the left wants to meet in the middle, make that shit free. Until then I wouldn't follow that law. I only sell/trade to people I know. So I'm not paying $50 to make a liberal sleep better at night pretending they made a difference.

So, it's ok to only follow the laws you like. Got it. 

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

30 minutes ago, Orange said:

You always have these pithy answers whenever ANYONE suggests a solution to the crazy gun violence.  "That's only 300 dead per year!"  Or "3D printers will be in every household!"

I don't know a single +++++ing person who owns a 3D printer.  Not one.  

Is it possible that, with all the energy you use to defend against any allegation that guns are any part of the problem, some of that energy could go toward solving the problem?  Once you're done taking a small bite out of every gun law with your "logic", you have to admit that a lot of those lives could be saved. 

Create a black market for an item that can be easily manufactured by a device you can purchase for hundreds of dollars and see how many start to sell.  Yeah that is going to work great.  Also I know 3 people with 3D printers, so there?

I know logical nuanced debate is not your thing but don't get so worked up that others like to engage in it.

56 minutes ago, Orange said:

I forgot I restricted it just to schools.  dos equis facepalm GIF by Dos Equis Gifs to the World

Well mass shootings that kill 4 or more not counting the shooter would show less correlation as most of those are done by hand guns.  If you want non felony mass shootings simply look one post down from mines.  Your claim that mass shootings (again you never specified how you are defining them) is a tiny fraction between 1994-2004 as the next 10 years is false. "Tiny Fraction"  lol.  Here about this one, kid.

Shooting Rate.jpg

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/10/04/mass-shootings-more-deadly-frequent-research-215678

22 minutes ago, Mano said:

So, it's ok to only follow the laws you like. Got it. 

I've sped. I've jaywalked. I've spit on the sidewalk. I've broken many laws.

A law requiring me to pay $50 more, for absolutely no reason in my case...yes. I am not gonna do it. Unless it is free.

The law is practically unenforceable anyway. How the hell would anyone know if you bought it through a private party and went through a background check?

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I think the number of guns currently in circulation is the number 1 issue.  To compound matters you have advances in 3D printing.  You can already print yourself an AR 15 chambered for common pistol ammo (meaning you can't just target the NATO round or .223 ammo to get around the problem with 3D printing)

You can do one a few things that will make a statistically significant difference in gun homicide. 1.) Mandatory buy back and a complete replace/repeal of the second amendment.  2.) Repair our inner city communities.  This means building wealth (reparations?) and ending the war on drugs.  3.) de-stigmatize mental health.  Maybe a campaign lead by pop culture icons similar to #metoo?  As well as investing in it at a federal level.

Now if we want to combat these non felony mass shootings I am open to other "common sense" such as mental health checks, waiting periods and would even consider national registration.  

I think the damage from mass shootings is the same as any other type of terrorism.  While you and your family are statistically safe, stats don't matter that much.  It is the damage it does to entire communities where the take place and psychological damage inflicted on the nation as well.

Although I'm not necessarily endorsing every idea on that list got dang that's a good post addressing many of the dynamics of the issue from not some impossible mythical purely ideological stance but a real world one with actual humans living in it stance right there tell u wut. 

Yes, it has to be a very multi-faceted solution in which our gun culture is significantly altered.

Let's also not make perfect the enemy of good. Let's get the terrorism reduced. 

Not listed in this gentleman's inventory: GRENADES

Calm.Your.Asses.Down FFS

He had the equivalent of a stick......

LOL

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

2 hours ago, toonkee said:

Although I'm not necessarily endorsing every idea on that list got dang that's a good post addressing many of the dynamics of the issue from not some impossible mythical purely ideological stance but a real world one with actual humans living in it stance right there tell u wut. 

Yes, it has to be a very multi-faceted solution in which our gun culture is significantly altered.

You think more gun laws are going to make a difference. The ones on the books aren’t even enforced. You are such an idiot. 

8 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

You think more gun laws are going to make a difference. The ones on the books aren’t even enforced. You are such an idiot. 

Oh, soup for brains...

I merely applauded someone else's post for coming to the table with some realities of the situation and I never said one thing about personally wanting more laws. In fact I said I didn't endorse everything halfman put forth. And shouldn't halfman be your idiot since we're really talking about his post or are you too much of a partisan worm for that? No need to answer.

Please go eat all the dicks if you haven't already.  

It has been my experience the person (meth head) that started this thread would acquire his firearms, etc through a straw man purchase.  Have a family member, usually a girlfriend who he can exert some control over buy the guns for him that does not have any issues that would preclude them from buying said firearms, etc.  That is the easiest way, and then of course there is acquiring it illegally or outright stealing it.  The country could ban the manufacture and/or sale of firearms tomorrow and it would not address the proliferation of guns in this country.  With 400 million guns already stockpiled in this country through private ownership (I own multiple guns myself) acquiring a firearm would be fairly simple for anyone.

14 hours ago, Orange said:

The only thing you have on me is my statement about Representative Omar, and calling that a racist statement is at best stretching the definition. Hold on to that one all you like, but in the meantime why don’t you produce anything else I’ve said on this board since 2005 that is racist. 

15 hours ago, mugtang said:

He's being racist on behalf of whites.  He's supporting the racial power structure that oppresses people of his own descent.  Would you just prefer I call him stupid?  I can.

14 hours ago, BestintheWest said:

I've sped. I've jaywalked. I've spit on the sidewalk. I've broken many laws.

A law requiring me to pay $50 more, for absolutely no reason in my case...yes. I am not gonna do it. Unless it is free.

The law is practically unenforceable anyway. How the hell would anyone know if you bought it through a private party and went through a background check?

How would anyone know if you registered your car or not?

14 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Create a black market for an item that can be easily manufactured by a device you can purchase for hundreds of dollars and see how many start to sell.  Yeah that is going to work great.  Also I know 3 people with 3D printers, so there?

Something like 700k 3D printers have been sold, EVER.  That's like .5% of all American adults.  You're not making a serious argument when you say "Sure, ban guns [something no one is proposing] everyone will just 3D print an AR!"

Shut.  The.  +++++.  Up.  

And "creating a black market"?  You guys have made it very clear that everyone who shoots anyone right now is ALREADY on the black market.  Why not give law enforcement better tools to police the black market, like mandatory registration?

14 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I know logical nuanced debate is not your thing but don't get so worked up that others like to engage in it.

Well mass shootings that kill 4 or more not counting the shooter would show less correlation as most of those are done by hand guns.  If you want non felony mass shootings simply look one post down from mines.  Your claim that mass shootings (again you never specified how you are defining them) is a tiny fraction between 1994-2004 as the next 10 years is false. "Tiny Fraction"  lol.  Here about this one, kid.

Shooting Rate.jpg

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/10/04/mass-shootings-more-deadly-frequent-research-215678

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/did-the-assault-weapons-b_b_9740352

2016-04-20-1461173878-6982193-MassShooti

1.6 per year versus 4.18.  Go ahead and quibble about what "tiny" means.  You're annoying.  :rolleyes:

13 hours ago, toonkee said:

Exactly.  Literally nothing is done to address guns right now.  But terrorism?  Oh they demand we remove our shoes, empty our backpacks, and be on CCTV everywhere.  And it's worked.  Nothing even approaching 9/11 has happened in the 18 years since.

9 hours ago, SBBulldog85 said:

It has been my experience the person (meth head) that started this thread would acquire his firearms, etc through a straw man purchase.  Have a family member, usually a girlfriend who he can exert some control over buy the guns for him that does not have any issues that would preclude them from buying said firearms, etc.  That is the easiest way, and then of course there is acquiring it illegally or outright stealing it.  The country could ban the manufacture and/or sale of firearms tomorrow and it would not address the proliferation of guns in this country.  With 400 million guns already stockpiled in this country through private ownership (I own multiple guns myself) acquiring a firearm would be fairly simple for anyone.

The 1934 federal gun law took machine guns off the street. When's the last time you heard of a machine gun being part of a mass-shooting?

Gun laws work.  Every other developed country on earth is proof of this.