Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

How did this guy get a grenade launcher?

20 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I understand the point you’re trying to make.  But I don’t think any reasonable person would seriously support people owning grenade launchers.  

Well, I mean Toolsy believes that he should be allowed to own nukes.

Wait, you said "reasonable person", so my mistake.

7 minutes ago, alum93 said:

I am actually ok with a .22 or .243 for hunting, or a pistol for your house.  I am not going to go down the rabbit hole of what's the difference between X type and AK47?  At some point, there should be a line in our society.  Well, some of us feel that way.  Hopefully most people realize grenade launchers are absurd.  

Why?  That is barbaric.  A .243 is not very suitable for hunting game like Elk.  All you would do is cause a lot of suffering needlessly.  You honestly sound like the cops who killed rancher Jack Yantis here in Idaho, trying to put down his 2,400 pound bull with their 9mm.

9 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that’s probably something an ordinary person shouldn’t have access to. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

4 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that’s probably something an ordinary person shouldn’t have access to. 

Are you sure?  My daughter has a "saw" in her closet.  It's actually the son-in-laws that he had when she was stationed at Miramar.  Some how it made the move back to Boise with her.  He got it in case of a mass shooting while she (and he, when he had leave) in the SD area.  I thought it was over kill but you can't reason with an alpha, alpha, alpha, alpha, alpha male!

down in a hole.jpg

1 hour ago, NorCalCoug said:

Have we hit double digit homicides yet in a year for folks killed by grenade launchers?  We barely hit triple digits for assault rifles.  Keep focusing on the low hanging fruit folks!!!  

So because we barely hit triple digits, we should ignore the devastation those mass shootings had on the communities, the fear of having 20 people mowed down in a couple minutes because a monster felt the need, the fear it can happen again?  I don't get the logic.  

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

Free shipping, too.

3 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I suspect you can get any kind of hand held weapon including grenades if you want it bad enough. And not necessarily from someone state side. The cartels certainly own most hand held weapons. 

It sounds like you were cut off mid sentence.  Most hand held weapons in North America?  I thought we had more guns than anywhere on the planet, as someone was bragging.  In the inner cities?  Please elaborate.  

2 hours ago, mugtang said:

A convicted felon can’t pass the required background checks to own a gun.  If he acquired them through a private party then we need to fix that loophole and require the transfer of firearms take place at a FFL where a background check is performed.  

Where do gang bangers get their guns? Most are either stolen or bought through the black market. In other words virtually all are illegal. I don’t care how many gun laws the government enacts or loopholes they close. Those guys will still have their arsenals.

Not only that we have 400M guns in circulation that aren’t susceptible to regulation unless you require they be registered and that’s not going to happen. If a person is willing to commit a gun related crime do you think they worry about the law? 

We can keep enacting more laws to make people think they are safer and it’s not going to stop the people committing the gun crimes. 

13 minutes ago, alum93 said:

It sounds like you were cut off mid sentence.  Most hand held weapons in North America?  I thought we had more guns than anywhere on the planet, as someone was bragging.  In the inner cities?  Please elaborate.  

Variety not quantity was how it reads based on the context of the first sentence.  

8 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Where do gang bangers get their guns? Most are either stolen or bought through the black market. In other words virtually all are illegal. I don’t care how many gun laws the government enacts or loopholes they close. Those guys will still have their arsenals.

Not only that we have 400M guns in circulation that aren’t susceptible to regulation unless you require they be registered and that’s not going to happen. If a person is willing to commit a gun related crime do you think they worry about the law? 

We can keep enacting more laws to make people think they are safer and it’s not going to stop the people committing the gun crimes. 

Read: The black guys will still have their guns, and that's not FAIR!

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

He also lives:

an hour from Scranton, PA (more lax gun laws)

4 hours from WV or VA where gun laws are really loose.

State laws don't do much in small states.

He would still have to pass a background check in those states to legally obtain a firearm. So your response is horseshit. He's a criminal, he doesn't give a damn about your feel-good gun laws. Why is that so hard for you guys to understand?

19 minutes ago, Uncle Juan said:

He would still have to pass a background check in those states to legally obtain a firearm. So your response is horseshit. He's a criminal, he doesn't give a damn about your feel-good gun laws. Why is that so hard for you guys to understand?

Insert "murder" for "gun" and then you might understand how +++++ing stupid  your reasoning is.

5 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Seems a little racist you associate black people with gang bangers.

Har.

We all know precisely who @soupslam and @Broncomare and @Uncle Juan mean when they say the "gangbangers" and the "criminals".  It's time for some very ignorant people to become acquainted with the very dirty, racial history behind the 2nd Amendment.  The only reason the NRA allows those laws preventing felons from owning guns is because it disproportionately affects black people.

24 minutes ago, Uncle Juan said:

No - not if it were a private sale.  If you live in Chicago, you can go online and find a private seller in Gary, Indiana (10 miles away) and not have to worry about a background check. Same thing if you live in New Jersey.  

48 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

How many of those 400M guns are machine guns? Seems like the National Firearms Act of 1934 (and more recent acts) were pretty successful in getting those mostly off the streets.