Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Internet Arguments

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Have you considered running for office in the future?

Y'know, at one point in my life I did. These days? Not so much... I'm too disenchanted with the state of our politics and I'd probably end up punching Ted Cruz or something.

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Sold.  Let me know where to donate.  

:lol:

Truth be told, I'd probably make a significantly better political strategist than I would an actual politician. In fact, if I had my life to do over again, I would have gotten a degree in Political Science instead of +++++ing around in IT for the last nearly 20 years.

5 hours ago, happycamper said:

Your insistence on simply observing and commenting on various other poster's work is reminiscent of a critic. You choose to not create. You choose to not exert unique effort. You choose to define your worth solely on the efforts and feats of others, and furthermore, to denigrate that very effort which brings the only meaning to your own posting existence. Thou art a leech.

Your insistence on decreasing your posting is reminiscent of a sloth. You choose to contribute less to a forum which once declared you most liked. You deliberately impoverish an environment with a lack, yet expect entertainment from said environment. Thou art lazy.

Your content is stale and shriveled. You chose a significant, clever, and inspired policy position and marketed it in an attention-grabbing way. You have since abandoned your quest and have not supported your policy despite an influx of new posters. You have simply given up on being an idea poster. Thou art boring.

Thy objection to mine own reticence to engage is curious. You yourself have taken leave from participating in the bare knuckles arena from time to time. Tis good for the mind and soul to recharge apart from the online squabbles and mischief. But also ‘tis good for whole that one does. The young lions cannot prosper and thrive whilst the old guard reigns. Lest otherwise we become little more than a heard of braying jackasses, arguing about who trampled whom’s fodder in seasons long since past. You cannot both maintain yourself eternal as that who drives the conversation, and expect the field of fire to stay evergreen. Thou art arrogant.

Thy remarks about criticism do hit the mark in some way, I must admit. Perhaps I’ve been too reserved in entering a fray to the detriment of all. I admit, I often feel the urge to throw off my finery and settle things as respectable men do. Alas, as has been heretofore stated, my reasons for not doing so are well founded and sensible. Yet still, the biting remarks of a critic serve their purpose. The wit serves a reminder to the young bulls that there are still wicked creatures that can sting whilst they grow and assert themselves. And further, to the wisest and most prescient minded, there is the hint that though the cave from which the wasps emanate may seem dormant, perhaps something more serious slumbers in there. It is avoided for a reason. Thou art on to something, but missing something else. 

MOAR PRISONS 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

9 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Thy objection to mine own reticence to engage is curious. You yourself have taken leave from participating in the bare knuckles arena from time to time. Tis good for the mind and soul to recharge apart from the online squabbles and mischief. But also ‘tis good for whole that one does. The young lions cannot prosper and thrive whilst the old guard reigns. Lest otherwise we become little more than a heard of braying jackasses, arguing about who trampled whom’s fodder in seasons long since past. You cannot both maintain yourself eternal as that who drives the conversation, and expect the field of fire to stay evergreen. Thou art arrogant.

Thy remarks about criticism do hit the mark in some way, I must admit. Perhaps I’ve been too reserved in entering a fray to the detriment of all. I admit, I often feel the urge to throw off my finery and settle things as respectable men do. Alas, as has been heretofore stated, my reasons for not doing so are well founded and sensible. Yet still, the biting remarks of a critic serve their purpose. The wit serves a reminder to the young bulls that there are still wicked creatures that can sting whilst they grow and assert themselves. And further, to the wisest and most prescient minded, there is the hint that though the cave from which the wasps emanate may seem dormant, perhaps something more serious slumbers in there. It is avoided for a reason. Thou art on to something, but missing something else. 

MOAR PRISONS 

Nah

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Just now, thelawlorfaithful said:

Neigh even.

yer gonna get half of halfman excited with talk like that

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 8/20/2019 at 7:01 PM, retrofade said:

Y'know, at one point in my life I did. These days? Not so much... I'm too disenchanted with the state of our politics and I'd probably end up punching Ted Cruz or something.

I am surprised no one has yet, he has the most punchable face I have ever seen.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

On 8/20/2019 at 5:23 PM, happycamper said:

Your insistence on simply observing and commenting on various other poster's work is reminiscent of a critic. You choose to not create. You choose to not exert unique effort. You choose to define your worth solely on the efforts and feats of others, and furthermore, to denigrate that very effort which brings the only meaning to your own posting existence. Thou art a leech.

Your insistence on decreasing your posting is reminiscent of a sloth. You choose to contribute less to a forum which once declared you most liked. You deliberately impoverish an environment with a lack, yet expect entertainment from said environment. Thou art lazy.

Your content is stale and shriveled. You chose a significant, clever, and inspired policy position and marketed it in an attention-grabbing way. You have since abandoned your quest and have not supported your policy despite an influx of new posters. You have simply given up on being an idea poster. Thou art boring.

21 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

MOAR PRISONS 

robot wtf GIF