Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Harry Reid calls out the Democrats for going too radical

24 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Yep, 

Clearly the boogeyman has found a comfy spot inside your head. 

Apparently Caldwell, Idaho is as politically "moderate" as Coeur d'Alene.

Well, almost anyway. Four and a half times more Republicans than Dems in Canyon County: https://sos.idaho.gov/elect/VoterReg/2019/08/partybycounty.html

Having checked, tiny Lassen County in far northeastern California has our state's greatest proportion of registered Republicans at a considerably smaller 250% of registered Dems and only a handful of the 58 counties have more registered Republicans than registered Dems.

Politically speaking, you and I live in very different worlds, my man. I'm pleased to be where I am and hope and trust you feel the same.

Boom goes the dynamite.

22 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

If we are being led by a crazy lunatic that doesn't know what he is doing and we are on the brink of societal collapse please show me the evidence. Normal people have moved on with their lives after the 2016 election, and remain largely unaffected by it. 

Where is the evidence that we are on the brink of being led over the cliff by a madman!!!!

Clearly the madman only exists in the small space between your ears. 

This positively REEKS of someone ignoring their own privilege.

A president inflaming racists so they step up attacks against vulnerable populations is definitely madman-like behavior.  Same with a president trying to gut healthcare, and create uncertainty at best; financial disaster at worst, for people facing serious health issues and the financial devastation that comes with it.  Same with putting our own country's reputation in the toilet by alienating all allies, and embracing dictators.  

If you can't see any of this, you're a lost-cause moron.

1 minute ago, Orange said:

This positively REEKS of someone ignoring their own privilege.

A president inflaming racists so they step up attacks against vulnerable populations is definitely madman-like behavior.  Same with a president trying to gut healthcare, and create uncertainty at best; financial disaster at worst, for people facing serious health issues and the financial devastation that comes with it.  Same with putting our own country's reputation in the toilet by alienating all allies, and embracing dictators.  

If you can't see any of this, you're a lost-cause moron.

Yeah Trump is causing chaos and disaster and we are all going to die!!Clearly the self created Trump boogeyman has a nice set up inside your head right next to your few functional brain cells. 

3 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Yeah Trump is causing chaos and disaster and we are all going to die!!Clearly the self created Trump boogeyman has a nice set up inside your head right next to your few functional brain cells. 

I'm astonished that you're a CPA.  I don't know how anyone over 12 holds your views.

I also note that per the most recent survey, the per capita income of Caldwell was $15,731. The last posted amount for California was $29,906  in 2014.

Granted the average location in California has a higher cost of living but I highly doubt it's double that of Caldwell.

Yep. DEFINITELY two very different worlds.

Boom goes the dynamite.

3 minutes ago, Orange said:

I'm astonished that you're a CPA.  I don't know how anyone over 12 holds your views.

Getting a CPA license is much more difficult than passing the BAR exam. 

Passed the exam on my first shot. all with scores well above the minimum required to pass. 

1 minute ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

I also note that per the most recent survey, the per capita income of Caldwell was $15,731. The last posted amount for California was $29,906  in 2014.

Granted the average location in California has a higher cost of living but I highly doubt it's double that of Caldwell.

Yep. DEFINITELY two very different worlds.

I work in downtown Boise , earn a nice living. I choose to live in a very nice neighborhood near Caldwell because my family likes it there. 

Why are we talking about me and where I live. I thought the subject was that Trump is going to lead our country into certain destruction. 

1 minute ago, bornontheblue said:

I work in downtown Boise , earn a nice living. I choose to live in a very nice neighborhood near Caldwell because my family likes it there. 

Why are we talking about me and where I live. I thought the subject was that Trump is going to lead our country into certain destruction. 

You used the term "clearly" about my bias so I'll use it in reference to yours. That is to say you clearly choose to reside in a very insular community. Even Ada County would be outsize Republican if it was located in California but Ada's Republican to Democrat ratio isn't even half that of the county you live in. So sure I'm biased against this president based on the prevalent political philosophy where I live but the same is true of your bias in support of the guy.

Boom goes the dynamite.

12 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

I thought the topic was how bat shit crazy Trump is or isn't.  Our society continues to be relatively stable and unless Trump starts a nuclear war we should be fine.  The political and legal system was set up to mitigate disasters like the current one in the WH.  Apparently our forefathers knew eventually we would need a mulligan or two.  

2 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

You used the term "clearly" about my bias so I'll use it in reference to yours. That is to say you clearly choose to reside in a very insular community. Even Ada County would be outsize Republican if it was located in California but Ada's Republican to Democrat ratio isn't even half that of the county you live in. So sure I'm biased against this president based on the prevalent political philosophy where I live but the same is true of your bias in support of the guy.

I haven't lived in Caldwell my whole life you idiot. 

I have lived in other parts of the country, I have traveled to many other parts of the country. I have traveled on business and vacation to other parts of the world. 

36 minutes ago, alum93 said:

I thought the topic was how bat shit crazy Trump is or isn't.  Our society continues to be relatively stable and unless Trump starts a nuclear war we should be fine.  The political and legal system was set up to mitigate disasters like the current one in the WH.  Apparently our forefathers knew eventually we would need a mulligan or two.  

Our society elected him and he still enjoys some 40% support.

In what frakked up reality do you consider that stable?

One of the Final Five..........

18 minutes ago, mysfit said:

The one that has a stable housing market, low unemployment, a bank where you can go and expect to be open and withdraw dollars, the dollars are worth something, etc.  Plus, as much as we all make fun of Trump, i think we can give people the benefit of the doubt that expected a somewhat more stable person.  I don't know how many Republicans talked about him pivoting after being elected and acting more "presidential".  And throw in an unpopular candidate and Clinton fatigue.  But to answer your question, i don't think Trump's bizarre behavior as president and the stability of our society are linked.  Now, if there is a massive financial crises, a la 2008 that tests our system, or a regional conflict that grows exponentially and could turn in to full blown war,  situations that Trump would be directly responsible for making good decisions, well then all bets are off.  But for now,  even a moderate recession isn't going to fundamentally change society.  Let's just hope we get through the next 16 months with no major emergencies where he truly will be tested.  Let's hope the biggest worry he has is if the DOW is up or down 5% and who called him out in the Twitter world, in his mind at least.  There are serious problems no doubt, like the mass shooting, hate groups, health care, immigration, deficit, you name it.  I just don't see him sticking his neck out and trying to solve any of them.  He's going to go in full campaign, rile up the troops with division, mode.  Scratch that.  He is going to continue in campaign mode with his division, he never really left it after 2016.

10 minutes ago, mysfit said:

Because the overwhelming majority of people get up every day and productively live out their lives unaffected by anything that Trump does or says. 

1 hour ago, bornontheblue said:

Getting a CPA license is much more difficult than passing the BAR exam. 

Passed the exam on my first shot. all with scores well above the minimum required to pass. 

Opinion. 

Both are difficult but very different, so it really depends upon the individual.

10 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Opinion. 

Both are difficult but very different, so it really depends upon the individual.

Hell, my cousin told me a couple of weeks ago that the PMP was more difficult than the CPA for him. 

4 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Hell, my cousin told me a couple of weeks ago that the PMP was more difficult than the CPA for him. 

The CPA letters after your name deliver much more credibility than a PMP license. I didn’t even know you could get a PMP certification until I googled it a few seconds ago. 

Stable where mass casualty attacks are now the norm, minorities are executed by law enforcement not to mentioned having police called on them for things like weeding their yard and BBQing and we put children in cages.

One of the Final Five..........

10 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

The CPA letters after your name deliver much more credibility than a PMP license. I didn’t even know you could get a PMP certification until I googled it a few seconds ago. 

The PMP is the preeminent project management certification out there. I'm not really comparing the two in terms of what they mean in the field, but I'd say that they're at least superficially similar but in two vastly different domains. My comment was really just on the difficulty of the exams themselves.

On 8/21/2019 at 1:02 PM, bornontheblue said:

This is why the Regressive democrats are going to get clobbered in the upcoming election. Their political stances are fine for New York, LA, San Francisco etc. They don't play well in Iowa, Wisconsin, Kansas, Many parts of  Michigan and Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Ohio and many more. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/do-democrats-hear-echoes-of-1972-today-11552312386 - Read the article

They don’t play well in Nevada with a 42% Hispanic populace! I can’t stand our POTUS but come on... give me someone with half a pulse to vote his ass out of office.