Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Harry Reid calls out the Democrats for going too radical

32 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Those elections showed moderate dems play well.  Hope for Biden.

They play well if the GOP voter-suppression tactics are allowed to work.  Otherwise, a moderate is a disaster, as Hillary showed so exquisitely.

16 minutes ago, Orange said:

They play well if the GOP voter-suppression tactics are allowed to work.  Otherwise, a moderate is a disaster, as Hillary showed so exquisitely.

I think that had more to do with Hillary being Hillary than her policy positions.

I think Kamala would do the best in the general, followed by Biden.  But hell at this same point in 2015 I thought we were looking a Rubio or Bush so clearly I am not very good at this.

There is no middle ground.

Trump figured that out. 

What people want are stable, good paying jobs, health insurance. Education, and a future in a clean environment. It's the knee jerk reaction of the right thinking that Dem progressives are way out there. Pelosi is guilty of the same thing.

It's changed. You don't win playing to the middle anymore. You swing for the fences and get out the vote.

Why do you think the GOP has been so big on voter supression??!

One of the Final Five..........

1 minute ago, mysfit said:

There is no middle ground.

Trump figured that out. 

What people want are stable, good paying jobs, health insurance. Education, and a future in a clean environment. It's the knee jerk reaction of the right thinking that Dem progressives are way out there. Pelosi is guilty of the same thing.

It's changed. You don't win playing to the middle anymore. You swing for the fences and get out the vote.

Why do you think the GOP has been so big on voter supression??!

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

2 hours ago, alum93 said:

Here are the last national elections for reference, after 2 years of Trump.  That was last year to be clear,  with an economy that was humming.  But Democrats are going to get hammered after 2 more years of Trump's insane behavior.  Ok...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_United_States_elections

Democrats had 193 seats immediately prior to the November elections, and needed to net at least 25 seats to win a majority in the House of Representatives. In the November elections, Democrats won a net gain of 40 seats. As the elections also saw Democrats fill a couple of vacant seats that had previously been controlled by the party, the Democrats won control of a total of 235 seats, while Republicans won control of at least 199 seats.[c] The net gain of 40 seats represented the Democratic Party's largest gain in the House since the 1974 elections.[26] Democrats won the nationwide popular vote for the House of Representatives by 8.6 percentage points,[27] one of the highest margins won by either party since 1992.[24] Due in part to the surge in turnout, the total number of votes won by Democratic candidates for the House of Representatives nearly equaled the number of votes Trump won in the 2016 presidential election.[28] The 2018 elections were the third midterm elections since 2005 in which the President's party lost control of the House of Representatives.

The Republicans kicked the crap out of the Democrats in 2010 midterms, yet they got whacked 2 years later in the presidential election.  The republicans got beat badly in the 82 midterms, and Reagan came back and won 49 states. The Democrats got beaten badly in the 94 midterms , yet Clinton came back and won a second term easily. Midterm elections have always been a poor indicator of the upcoming presidential elections. 

16 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

The Republicans kicked the crap out of the Democrats in 2010 midterms, yet they got whacked 2 years later in the presidential election.  The republicans got beat badly in the 82 midterms, and Reagan came back and won 49 states. The Democrats got beaten badly in the 94 midterms , yet Clinton came back and won a second term easily. Midterm elections have always been a poor indicator of the upcoming presidential elections. 

I think most norms have been tossed out the window.  We now have a president promoting the idea that he's the "second coming" for jewish people (who, by the way, don't believe there was a first coming).

16 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

Your examples assume a president who acts normal most of the time.  Democrats will roll in terms of picking up seats in Congress, due in large part to Trump.  That doesn't mean they will win the presidency where a few thousand votes in 2 or 3 states will swing it.

1 hour ago, Orange said:

I think most norms have been tossed out the window.  We now have a president promoting the idea that he's the "second coming" for jewish people (who, by the way, don't believe there was a first coming).

You are an idiot if you truly believe President trump thinks that. You regressive's have created the a horrible Trump boogeyman that only exists in your own small minds. 

Stop being so dramatic and get back to cleaning you theater floor. 

6 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

You are an idiot if you truly believe President trump thinks that. You regressive's have created the a horrible Trump boogeyman that only exists in your own small minds. 

Stop being so dramatic and get back to cleaning you theater floor. 

It's the "regressives" creating the image and not the actual man himself when he is talking and tweeting?  How would you know what to believe when he basically says whatever is on the top of his mind, no matter how crazy.  Everyone laughed when they said he wanted to buy Greenland, said it was a joke and sent their underlings on Fox.  Then a few days later it wasn't a joke and he cancelled a trip.  Even when he is caught on tape saying one thing, he just lies and says he either never said it (which is hilarious) or that he was joking.  Yeah, it's the other side creating the image.  You have seen the threads with his classic tweets haven't you?  My personal opinion is he has early signs of dementia, but maybe i am just giving him too much credit and he really he is that much of a clown.  Oh yeah, when we call him out for being off his rocker it's known as TDS.  By the way, did you know his dad was born in Germany?  Except he wasn't, and Trump said he was and didn't appear to be joking, but i am sure he was, i think.  Who knows.

46 minutes ago, mysfit said:

Historical norms don't seem to matter these days.

That's the point people keep missing. We're essentially in uncharted territory.

And only the small percentage of voters who were not just displeased with but irate at the Obama administration are truly comfortable with where we are now. Those people wanted chaos and they've gotten it.

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 minute ago, alum93 said:

It's the "regressives" creating the image and not the actual man himself when he is talking and tweeting?  How would you know what to believe when he basically says whatever is on the top of his mind, no matter how crazy.  Everyone laughed when they said he wanted to buy Greenland, said it was a joke and sent their lackeys on Fox.  Then a few days later it wasn't a joke and he cancelled a trip.  Even when he is caught on tape saying one thing, he just lies and says he either never said it (which is hilarious) or that he was joking.  Yeah, it's the other side creating the image.  You have seen the threads with his classic tweets haven't you?  My personal opinion is he has early signs of dementia, but maybe i am just giving him too much credit and he really he that much of a clown.

Yeah, clearly the Trump boogeyman exists in your mind as evidenced by this and prior posts. Normal people accepted the 2016 election results and moved on wit their lives for better or worse (mostly better). You Regressive dems constantly think we are on the verge of societal collapse because Trump won the election. You all have lost your damn minds. 

5 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Yeah, clearly the Trump boogeyman exists in your mind as evidenced by this and prior posts. Normal people accepted the 2016 election results and moved on wit their lives for better or worse (mostly better). You Regressive dems constantly think we are on the verge of societal collapse because Trump won the election. You all have lost your damn minds. 

How did we go from recognizing the man acts/talks like an ignorant child (that's the kindest way i can describe his behavior and current mental state)  to questioning election results?  That's quite a pivot.  You don't have to be a Republican/Democrat or even independent to recognize he isn't acting like a normal person who holds that office would.  

1 minute ago, alum93 said:

How did we go from recognizing the man acts/talks like an ignorant child (that's the kindest way i can describe his behavior and current mental state)  to questioning election results?  That's quite a pivot.  You don't have to be a Republican/Democrat or even independent to recognize he isn't acting like a normal person who hold that office would.  

Trump conducts himself just fine. Trumps's mental state is fine. His presidency is nowhere near leading us to societal collapse as you think it is. The country for the most part is doing pretty well. I didn't say anything about questioning election results, I am saying that radical regressive's like you are still suffering from Cognitive Dissonance as a result of the 2016 election. 

1 minute ago, bornontheblue said:

Trump conducts himself just fine. Trumps's mental state is fine. His presidency is nowhere near leading us to societal collapse as you think it is. The country for the most part is doing pretty well. I didn't say anything about questioning election results, I am saying that radical regressive's like you are still suffering from Cognitive Dissonance as a result of the 2016 election. 

man slapping couch laughing GIF

10 minutes ago, retrofade said:

man slapping couch laughing GIF

Trump does things the way Trump does things, and his won't allow himself to be limited to what is self righteously proclaimed as "presidential". Some people find it abrasive, some people like me find it humorous. Only idiots think it is a symptom of mental instability.  Y'all have created the Trump boogeyman that only exists in your own minds. 

Just now, bornontheblue said:

Trump does things the way Trump does things, and his won't allow himself to be limited to what is self righteously proclaimed as "presidential". Some people find it abrasive, some people like me find it humorous. Only idiots think it is a symptom of mental instability.  Y'all have created the Trump boogeyman that only exists in your own minds. 

donald duck lol GIF

In addition to the Greenland thing, within the last week Trump has:

• Said that Jews who vote for Democrats "either [have] a total lack of knowledge or great disloyalty" despite the fact that only a week or two before that he played the disloyalty card in claiming that Omar and Tlaib are anti-Semitic.
  • Asserted that "somebody had to" take on China through a tariff war and that "I am the chosen one," a highly narcissistic comment.
  • Tweeted that Wayne Allen Root - who among other things still says Obama wasn't born in the US and once claimed that the LV hotel shooter was supported by ISIS - "said some very nice words" in asserting that Israeli Jews love Trump "like he is the SECOND COMING of God . . ." as if Israeli Jews now believe Jesus was the son of God.
  • Soon after El Paso, changed his historical position of opposing universal background checks for the purchase of guns after a survey showed that 89% of even Republicans support that concept but then two days later after having spoken to Wayne LaPierre - whose continued tenure as head of the NRA is far from secure - changed his position back again. [I have a cousin named Wayne and he's a nutjob too.]

So Trump may not have what the DSM would define as an actual mental disorder (although I think that if Trump would subject himself to analysis by a qualified panel of shrinks there's at least a 50/50 chance he would be) but he is patently lacking the cognitive ability of an average person. To have such a guy in the White House is very disconcerting.

Boom goes the dynamite.

5 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

• Said that Jews who vote for Democrats "either [have] a total lack of knowledge or great disloyalty" despite the fact that only a week or two before that he played the disloyalty card in claiming that Omar and Tlaib are anti-Semitic.
  • Asserted that "somebody had to" take on China through a tariff war and that "I am the chosen one," a highly narcissistic comment.
  • Tweeted that Wayne Allen Root - who among other things still says Obama wasn't born in the US and once claimed that the LV hotel shooter was supported by ISIS - "said some very nice words" in asserting that Israeli Jews love Trump "like he is the SECOND COMING of God . . ." as if Israeli Jews now believe Jesus was the son of God.
  • Soon after El Paso, changed his historical position of opposing universal background checks for the purchase of guns after a survey showed that 89% of even Republicans support that concept but then two days later after having spoken to Wayne LaPierre - whose continued tenure as head of the NRA is far from secure - changed his position back again. [I have a cousin named Wayne and he's a nutjob too.]

So Trump may not have what the DSM would define as an actual mental disorder (although I think that if Trump would subject himself to analysis by a qualified panel of shrinks there's at least a 50/50 chance he would be) but he is patently lacking the cognitive ability of an average person. To have such a guy in the White House is very disconcerting.

Yep, 

Clearly the boogeyman has found a comfy spot inside your head. 

7 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

If we are being led by a crazy lunatic that doesn't know what he is doing and we are on the brink of societal collapse please show me the evidence. Normal people have moved on with their lives after the 2016 election, and remain largely unaffected by it. 

Where is the evidence that we are on the brink of being led over the cliff by a madman!!!!

Clearly the madman only exists in the small space between your ears.