Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Countdown to kickoff - Colorado St

2 hours ago, kingpotato said:

CSU is the biggest wild card in the league. They should be bad, but they have a higher upside to them than the other bottom teams. I'd say UNLV would fit in that category, as well. 

no one in this league has invested like CSU.  The ceiling is extremely high.

It's put up or shut up time for Mike Bobo.

Finished stadium 2017B.jpg

4 minutes ago, Scooter said:

It is.  We'll be a very good team.  If not this year under Bobo, then soon under someone else.  I'm hoping it's Bobo.  That's the safest path if he can get it done.

6 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

I liked that video, right up until they brought Brian Roth in as the "expert".

Brian, if you're on this board, a 6 win season with a bowl game is not a successful season in Fort Collins anymore.  It's an acceptable season to some, but shouldn't be a "successful" season for any of us.

I'm the biggest Bobo apologist on this board, only because I feel fate has dealt him a bad hand since Summers left.  However, he's got the ship righted.  Six wins is not safe harbor IMO.  We may have to live with that as "success" this year for a lot of reasons, but it's not success.  Nine needs to be the new normal, with 12 being a realistic goal.  This has to happen.

Oh, and the video.... Wide Receiver U?  Every year I hear about the best WR group in the conference being somewhere other than CSU in the pre-season prognostication.  Every year, 20-20 hindsight says CSU.  It's time y'all learned.  It didn't leave with Whittted either.  Hell, Jeremiah Pruitte just got here.

18 hours ago, Scooter said:

As the last year seniors from CSU are now proving in the NFL, CSU has plenty of talent. Can Bobo make it happen with the superior lifestyle factor aiding him? 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

17 hours ago, jimjam said:

2-10, maybe 3-9

Bobo is a terrible head coach...

For once I'd like to see him win one he's not supposed to.  Doubt I ever will.

Did it all start with the meltdown against Boise in 2017? It seems you've been a steady decline since then. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

2 hours ago, madmartigan said:

As the last year seniors from CSU are now proving in the NFL, CSU has plenty of talent. Can Bobo make it happen with the superior lifestyle factor aiding him? 

As much as the "Superior lifestyle" is a factor in luring top talent to Fort Fun I don't think Bobo has used this massive asset to his advantage sufficiently.:D

Finished stadium 2017B.jpg

6 hours ago, madmartigan said:

Did it all start with the meltdown against Boise in 2017? It seems you've been a steady decline since then. 

Pretty Much.  CSU was dominating and folded like a cheap card table.  I remember Randy Cross who was calling the game said CSU may never recover from it....I believe he was correct.

7 hours ago, madmartigan said:

I am hoping that was the beginning of a turnaround.  Bobo seemed to discover the need for a defense that night. 

9 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Pretty much the same video every year of the freshmen learning the fight song.  Pretty much gets me pumped up every year.

On 8/21/2019 at 11:34 AM, madmartigan said:

It was four games earlier when AFA kicked them on Homecoming

I think this is the least excited for a season opener that I've been in quite a while. I'm hoping that since I'm usually optimistic and get let down, that this year may be the opposite.

I don't think CSU will be great. Maybe 4-8 on the year, but who knows.

I am not really a Bobo fan anymore, and if he doesn't put up this year, he has to go.

22 minutes ago, HylianHero said:

Maybe 4-8 on the year,

I am not really a Bobo fan anymore, and if he doesn't put up this year, he has to go.

The media makes it sound like a 6 win season is a great season there now.  Is 6 wins enough to get u in the stadium for next years opener?

7 minutes ago, slappy said:

The media makes it sound like a 6 win season is a great season there now.  Is 6 wins enough to get u in the stadium for next years opener?

Like @Headbutt above, I don't think of 6 wins as a "great" season, no. I would call it acceptable (especially after last year's disaster) to make a bowl.

Really what has killed my enthusiasm is the 2-13 record in games vs. CU, AFA, Wyo, and bowls (with no wins since Bobo's first season). 6 wins is ok, but it would mean a hell of a lot more if 3 of those were CU, AFA, and Wyo. I don't care that we can beat teams like Tulsa, New Mexico, UNLV, etc. At some point you have to win games that matter.

4 hours ago, HylianHero said:

Like @Headbutt above, I don't think of 6 wins as a "great" season, no. I would call it acceptable (especially after last year's disaster) to make a bowl.

Really what has killed my enthusiasm is the 2-13 record in games vs. CU, AFA, Wyo, and bowls (with no wins since Bobo's first season). 6 wins is ok, but it would mean a hell of a lot more if 3 of those were CU, AFA, and Wyo. I don't care that we can beat teams like Tulsa, New Mexico, UNLV, etc. At some point you have to win games that matter.

"If you don't get it done as a head coach, you don't get it done, and that next guy's got to come in"  Signed Mike Bobo in the Denver Post.

He knows that it's all on the line this year.