Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

Should Harsin Be Fired?

The underachiever in Boise   

39 members have voted

1. 1. If Harsin doesn’t win the conference this year, should Harsin be Fired?

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, SBBulldog85 said:

Coach Roto Deruyter did the same thing when he got to Fresno, he tossed out the Pro style power run game that Coach Hill was using for a spread offense.  He thought it would make it easier to generate more offense.

No one doubts Rocky Long, though.   Guy is the best coach in the MWC.

21 hours ago, TrueAg said:

I can't speak to his relationships with assistants but he and Matt Wells seemed to be close buddies if that tells you anything.

For those that aren't aware, Wells is a MASSIVE douche.

Ron Caragher agrees: 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

On 8/19/2019 at 2:47 PM, azgreg said:

I've read he's a giant douche. Is that right?

It’s relative.

Compared to @TheTedfordTrain, Harsin is the salt o’ the earth.

Compared to most of this boards posters, Harsin is a total D’ Bag!!!

¡GO STATE! 

37 minutes ago, JADogs05 said:

Whoa, what happened there? 

USU D-line was doing sudden lateral shifts before the ball was snapped. Caragher thought they were mimicking the snap count and cheating. It clearly worked if you look at the final score. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

5 hours ago, Bulldog1 said:

Rocky: Were gonna move to a spread CONSIDER USING A DIFFERENT offense.

MWC: Oh chit, San Diego St. gonna start slinging all over the place.

Rocky follow up: No no no no, IT WILL BE A SPREAD FORMATION............but were still gonna run it.

Fixed for accuracy. They considered going to a spread offense but then decided to go to just a spread formation with certain other tweaks.

In that regard, excluding sacks, during Saturday's scrimmage the offense ran the ball 48 times and passed it 50. That's a considerably different ratio of runs to passes from last year's 457 rushes (excluding sacks) to 312 passes. And from what those present reported, that was with no new wrinkles shown during the scrimmage. Christian Chapman could barely run so nothing in the playbook was a version of the RPO the last three years. That will change now that Ryan Agnew, who played the second half of 2018 as the starter, and JC transfer Jordan Brookshire, who also runs well, will be manning the position.

Boom goes the dynamite.

14 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

Fixed for accuracy. They considered going to a spread offense but then decided to go to just a spread formation with certain other tweaks.

In that regard, excluding sacks, during Saturday's scrimmage the offense ran the ball 48 times and passed it 50. That's a considerably different ratio of runs to passes from last year's 457 rushes (excluding sacks) to 312 passes. And from what those present reported, that was with no new wrinkles shown during the scrimmage. Christian Chapman could barely run so nothing in the playbook was a version of the RPO the last three years. That will change now that Ryan Agnew, who played the second half of 2018 as the starter, and JC transfer Jordan Brookshire, who also runs well, will be manning the position.

He's lying to you.  It was non-stop passing.  Slingin' the ball all over the yard.  Prepare for nothing but deeeeeeep passes from the Aztecs. We're bringing back the Air Craft offense!  The RB goes in motion every play - we're effectively running zero or zero-one personnel every snap. Tell your DC to just drop everyone back into coverage against the Aztecs - even the noseguard - and you'll be just fine.  

Aztec-Nation-Banner2010-03.gif

1 hour ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

so Agnew passed it 50 times, based on his stats from last year, 10 TD passes and 6 interceptions, that should prove interesting.  Just curious, out of the 50 passes thrown how many were actually caught by anyone, thanks...

7 minutes ago, Eat_Your_Dried_Fruits said:

The West will definitely be more competitive this year. Excited to see what Hawaii bring to the table this year. SDSU is always tough and Nevada is making improvements too. SJSU.....eh. Should be a fun year in the wild west. 

Don't sleep on UNLV.  They are not going to challenge for the West but I think they get 6 wins and could upset one or two of Fresno-Hawaii-SDSU-Nevada.

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Don't sleep on UNLV.  They are not going to challenge for the West but I think they get 6 wins and could upset one or two of Fresno-Hawaii-SDSU-Nevada.

Yeah, I like UNLV to show considerable improvement. It's all about whether they can keep their QB healthy. 

10 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Yeah, I like UNLV to show considerable improvement. It's all about whether they can keep their QB healthy. 

They are better with the 2nd string QB.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

5 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

Where’s “there?”

"Spell Check Queen", is that a self anointed title or just anything with Queen in it?

m_85966f993371c1964e647092f6dc3afd.gif

"Bulldog Born, Bulldog Bred, Bulldog Till The Day I'm Dead"

San Diego State: Following in Fresno State's Shadow Since 1911.

2 minutes ago, Warbow said:

They are better with the 2nd string QB.

Disagree.  Had he remained healthy he would have been a 1000+ yard rusher with 15+ TD's on the ground.  He is elite enough athletically that he can produce on the ground against good defenses with a lot of talent.  He not a great or even average passer but has elite athleticism and can be an X factor against teams that are otherwise better and deeper.

5 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

FINALLY...CSU-Fresno has grasped their place in the conf:

20243428-023D-4EA4-AC12-208BB37D033F.jpeg

Why would you read the words top and bottom and immediately you go to gay sex...oh oh I see and you moved all the way to Alaska so you could live your "lifestyle" away from you family's prying eyes. Ok got it.

3 hours ago, Monty93 said:

He's lying to you.  It was non-stop passing.  Slingin' the ball all over the yard.  Prepare for nothing but deeeeeeep passes from the Aztecs. We're bringing back the Air Craft offense!  The RB goes in motion every play - we're effectively running zero or zero-one personnel every snap. Tell your DC to just drop everyone back into coverage against the Aztecs - even the noseguard - and you'll be just fine.  

You can't even say that with a straight face. Rocky's gonna do what Rocky does and that's run the football. You guys need to tell him to throw the freaking football. You did beat Boise St. last year though gotta give ya that.

54 minutes ago, Bulldog1 said:

Why would you read the words top and bottom and immediately you go to gay sex...oh oh I see and you moved all the way to Alaska so you could live your "lifestyle" away from you family's prying eyes. Ok got it.

#1 - You’re the one that claimed your a top

#2 - I have spent 6-mo in AK so far this-yr, but I’m in SoCal for several months at the moment.

¡Embrace your TOP-ness!