Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

AP Preseason Top 25

1 hour ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

There were 8 voters that didn't rank UCF.  3 are in MWC markets. 

3 in MWC markets? The 8 who did not vote for UCF were Brett McMurphy, Jon Wilner, Michael Lev, Steve Wiseman, Dave Reardon, Sam McKewon, Ryan Aber, and Tom Bragg.

Wilner is from San Jose but he still included an AAC team, he just currently believes Cincy is better than UCF.

Reardon is from Honolulu and he did not vote for any G5 teams, not even Boise.

If you are counting Lev as in a MWC market, he is from Tucson. There are no MWC members anywhere in Arizona. He did put Cincy at #25 and had no other G5s including voting for no MWC teams. That seems more of a snub of the MWC from a western voter.

McKewon from Omaha? He also voted for no G5 teams.

7 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

UCLA is going to be a 3+ year rebuilding job and that's if Chip Kelly isn't run out of town first. If Fresno State beats USC week 1 then I wouldn't be surprised to see Clay Helton get fired before he could even get to the locker room. the LA schools are a complete shit show right now. 

Fresno is a two TD dog and the line has moved steadily toward USC. It would be a pretty big upset.

4 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Fresno is a two TD dog and the line has moved steadily toward USC. It would be a pretty big upset.

I wouldn't be shocked for USC fans to hope for a win so they could get Helton out. Fans were calling for his head, but the administration decided to keep him. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

6 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

I wouldn't be shocked for USC fans to hope for a win so they could get Helton out. Fans were calling for his head, but the administration decided to keep him. 

What the fans hope might happen will have zero influence on what is going to happen. Helton is coming off of a subpar year, but he did win 10 and 11 games his first two seasons. It could be the start of a trend... or it could be an anomaly. Like I said, they are a two TD dog. Fresno was a two point favorite at UCLA last year and was even money in Minnesota. This is a totally different game. 

35 minutes ago, RSF said:

Pat Dooley, one of that 'ilk', has UCF at #22.

So much for spite...

Just because he has them in there now doesn't mean he hasn't precluded them intentionally in the past, you do understand this right? He faced a lot of criticism on social media for being slow to rank them during their undefeated run.  

8 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

What the fans hope might happen will have zero influence on what is going to happen. Helton is coming off of a subpar year, but he did win 10 and 11 games his first two seasons. It could be the start of a trend... or it could be an anomaly. Like I said, they are a two TD dog. Fresno was a two point favorite at UCLA last year and was even money in Minnesota. This is a totally different game. 

Obviously. It will be a tough game, but it's still USC so the Dogs will need to play mistake free football in order to have a fighting chance. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

36 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

3 in MWC markets? The 8 who did not vote for UCF were Brett McMurphy, Jon Wilner, Michael Lev, Steve Wiseman, Dave Reardon, Sam McKewon, Ryan Aber, and Tom Bragg.

Wilner is from San Jose but he still included an AAC team, he just currently believes Cincy is better than UCF.

Reardon is from Honolulu and he did not vote for any G5 teams, not even Boise.

If you are counting Lev as in a MWC market, he is from Tucson. There are no MWC members anywhere in Arizona. He did put Cincy at #25 and had no other G5s including voting for no MWC teams. That seems more of a snub of the MWC from a western voter.

McKewon from Omaha? He also voted for no G5 teams.

Ok so a quarter of them were MW markets; I could have said half were from the intermountain west and westward, two were SEC sycophants 80 miles away from UCF, and another is based out of Husker Land  and it would've gotten the same point across in that the ranking is all bias anyway.

7 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Just because he has them in there now doesn't mean he hasn't precluded them intentionally in the past, you do understand this right? He faced a lot of criticism on social media for being slow to rank them during their undefeated run.  

You're gonna strip your gears you keep changing directions like that.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

8 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

18951086_1821831054588486_18588320847167