Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

AP Preseason Top 25

1. Clemson
  2. Alabama
  3. Georgia
  4. Oklahoma
  5. Ohio State
  6. LSU
  7. Michigan
  8. Florida
  9. Notre Dame
  10. Texas
  11. Oregon
  12. Texas A&M
  13. Washington
  14. Utah
  15. Penn State
  16. Auburn
  17. UCF
  18. Michigan State
  19. Wisconsin
  20. Iowa
  21. Iowa State
  22. Syracuse
  23. Washington State
  24. Nebraska
  25. Stanford

Others Receiving Votes: Missouri 117, Army 94, Mississippi State 87, Miami (FL) 70, Northwestern 63, TCU 57, Virginia 44, Boise State 38, Cincinnati 16, South Carolina 15, Virginia Tech 12, Fresno State 8, Utah State 8, Minnesota 7, Memphis 6, Appalachian State 5, West Virginia 3, Oklahoma State 3, Arizona State 3, Arizona 1, USC 1

So who voted for whom?

Broncos - https://collegepolltracker.com/football/team/boise-state-broncos/2019

• #21 Pat Dooley,   Robert Cessna
  • #22 Lauren Brownlow, Neill Ostrout
  • #23 Conor O'Neill, Matt McCoy
  • #24 Chris Murray, Gary Horowitz, James Kratch, Matt Brown, Ryan Aber, Steve Wiseman
  • #25 Bryce Miller , Matt Baker

Bulldogs - https://collegepolltracker.com/football/team/fresno-state-bulldogs/2019

• #21 Jon Wilner
  • #23 Nate Mink

Aggies - https://collegepolltracker.com/football/team/utah-state-aggies/2019

• #19 Doug Lesmerises
  • #25 Chadd Cripe

Takeaways?

1. MWC based media with AP votes continue to show nearly ZERO support for conference teams (even in preseason where every hometown beat writer votes for their own team/conference). I enjoy some of Chris Murray's (Reno) articles but he is always slow to support MWC teams with his voting. Jon Wilner (San Jose) shouldn't even have a vote, dude seems like a PAC 12 homer and was barely ranking a couple of MWC teams in his final slots at the very end of last season even though 3 were already ranked in the polls.

2. Interesting that the hometown Boise guy (Chadd Cripe, BroncoBeat and Idaho Statesman) did not vote for BSU and only placed one MWC team in USU.

3. Granted there are more voters east of the Mississippi but only 3 out of the 14 voters that placed BSU in top 25 are from the west, the rest are east coast and south. Reputation votes?

3 hours ago, retrofade said:
  1. Clemson
  2. Alabama
  3. Georgia
  4. Oklahoma
  5. Ohio State
  6. LSU
  7. Michigan
  8. Florida
  9. Notre Dame
  10. Texas
  11. Oregon
  12. Texas A&M
  13. Washington
  14. Utah
  15. Penn State
  16. Auburn
  17. UCF
  18. Michigan State
  19. Wisconsin
  20. Iowa
  21. Iowa State
  22. Syracuse
  23. Washington State
  24. Nebraska
  25. Stanford

Others Receiving Votes: Missouri 117, Army 94, Mississippi State 87, Miami (FL) 70, Northwestern 63, TCU 57, Virginia 44, Boise State 38, Cincinnati 16, South Carolina 15, Virginia Tech 12, Fresno State 8, Utah State 8, Minnesota 7, Memphis 6, Appalachian State 5, West Virginia 3, Oklahoma State 3, Arizona State 3, Arizona 1, USC 1

My, how the mighty have fallen.  USC with only 1 vote and none for UCLA.

3 hours ago, retrofade said:
  1. Clemson
  2. Alabama
  3. Georgia
  4. Oklahoma
  5. Ohio State
  6. LSU
  7. Michigan
  8. Florida
  9. Notre Dame
  10. Texas
  11. Oregon
  12. Texas A&M
  13. Washington
  14. Utah
  15. Penn State
  16. Auburn
  17. UCF
  18. Michigan State
  19. Wisconsin
  20. Iowa
  21. Iowa State
  22. Syracuse
  23. Washington State
  24. Nebraska
  25. Stanford

Thank you Davis Potter of the Casper-Star Tribune in Wyoming.

People, not a fan.

4 hours ago, TrueAg said:

3. Granted there are more voters east of the Mississippi but only 3 out of the 14 voters that placed BSU in top 25 are from the west, the rest are east coast and south. Reputation votes?

Reputation certainly gets you noticed.  That said several of the southern/eastern voters (specifically the SEC homers) have UCF fatigue and some have gone on record saying they'll vote for another G5 in their place just to spite them...speaking of McMurphy specifically here.  Dooley is another that is of the same ilk.  There were 8 voters that didn't rank UCF.  3 are in MWC markets.  One is out of Omaha/Lincoln, can't imagine why he'd not vote for UCF.  It's all bias one way or the other.

10 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Reputation certainly gets you noticed.  That said several of the southern/eastern voters (specifically the SEC homers) have UCF fatigue and some have gone on record saying they'll vote for another G5 in their place just to spite them...speaking of McMurphy specifically here.  Dooley is another that is of the same ilk.  There were 8 voters that didn't rank UCF.  3 are in MWC markets.  One is out of Omaha/Lincoln, can't imagine why he'd not vote for UCF.  It's all bias one way or the other.

Image result for bs meter gif

This one smells a lot like those other facts you like to state that aren't facts. This one is easy, though. Since several of them went on record to say that, you should have no problem finding those and providing them. Otherwise, I'm guessing this is another one of those homer board myths that everyone accepts as truth.

15 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Image result for bs meter gif

This one smells a lot like those other facts you like to state that aren't facts. This one is easy, though. Since several of them went on record to say that, you should have no problem finding those and providing them. Otherwise, I'm guessing this is another one of those homer board myths that everyone accepts as truth.

You really are a fool...or a child.  If you care to pay for it you can find it yourself, google is your friend but I'll give you a head start below.  I'm not posting subscriber service stuff. I've done nothing but be respectful and cordial and you bring this drivel from another thread? You think because I didn't respond to you again that you somehow won an argument there? You wouldn't appreciate fact coming from me even if it were me repeating your best friends words.  I don't have time to mess with you.  If you don't care enough to digest what is said in this thread then don't waste anyone's time or bandwidth responding.  

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=7&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjk1Lz0spDkAhWKhOAKHcrACuwQFjAGegQIBhAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fucf.forums.rivals.com%2Fthreads%2Fgainesville-columnist-uf-mouthpiece-pat-dooley-dw-afraid-of-playing-big-time-teams.76091%2F&usg=AOvVaw2HH7-yCq_LXKsmasctzPYe

30 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

You really are a fool...or a child.  If you care to pay for it you can find it yourself, google is your friend but I'll give you a head start below.  I'm not posting subscriber service stuff. I've done nothing but be respectful and cordial and you bring this drivel from another thread? You think because I didn't respond to you again that you somehow won an argument there? You wouldn't appreciate fact coming from me even if it were me repeating your best friends words.  I don't have time to mess with you.  If you don't care enough to digest what is said in this thread then don't waste anyone's time or bandwidth responding.  

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=7&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjk1Lz0spDkAhWKhOAKHcrACuwQFjAGegQIBhAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fucf.forums.rivals.com%2Fthreads%2Fgainesville-columnist-uf-mouthpiece-pat-dooley-dw-afraid-of-playing-big-time-teams.76091%2F&usg=AOvVaw2HH7-yCq_LXKsmasctzPYe

Go ahead and quote it then. And you did say "several."

14 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Better than the Country music artists they did all last year.  Preferred Better Than Ezra kickoff the year before that, though that's even older than Smash Mouth.  

I honestly don't hate it, it will be a good time and there'll be a lot of people there.

Good luck against Mizzou!

Hey little bitch McSmallnuts you gunna address this?  Till you do, +++++ out of here 

32 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

You really are a fool...or a child.  If you care to pay for it you can find it yourself, google is your friend but I'll give you a head start below.  I'm not posting subscriber service stuff. I've done nothing but be respectful and cordial and you bring this drivel from another thread? You think because I didn't respond to you again that you somehow won an argument there? You wouldn't appreciate fact coming from me even if it were me repeating your best friends words.  I don't have time to mess with you. 

I love unintentional comedy....

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Pat Dooley, one of that 'ilk', has UCF at #22.

So much for spite...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

5 hours ago, aztech said:

My, how the mighty have fallen.  USC with only 1 vote and none for UCLA.

UCLA is going to be a 3+ year rebuilding job and that's if Chip Kelly isn't run out of town first. If Fresno State beats USC week 1 then I wouldn't be surprised to see Clay Helton get fired before he could even get to the locker room. the LA schools are a complete shit show right now. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg