Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finally a leftist big govt. pro tax plan I can agree with

As someone who has not consumed animal flesh or by products for 50 years I am in complete agreement with this pro big tax plan. The first of the far left tax proposals I have ever supported.

https://www.businessinsider.com/red-meat-could-be-taxed-to-help-curb-climate-change-2019-8?utm_source=reddit.com

Let us all write the idiots in the house, senate and white house to tell them of our support. If you do not support this simply go out and live in a barn with cows and pigs. Do not stand in the way of progress. So there I stand!!!!!!

This is more self righteous vegan bullshit. I hate those +++++ing people. Taxing food? Then again, there isn’t a tax that Lefties don’t like. It’s time to pull the trigger and buy the house with 3 acres I’ve been looking at. It’s zoned for livestock. I’ll get a few steers and a couple of hogs. These clowns can kiss my ass

10 hours ago, 1066 said:

As someone who has not consumed animal flesh or by products for 50 years I am in complete agreement with this pro big tax plan. The first of the far left tax proposals I have ever supported.

https://www.businessinsider.com/red-meat-could-be-taxed-to-help-curb-climate-change-2019-8?utm_source=reddit.com

Let us all write the idiots in the house, senate and white house to tell them of our support. If you do not support this simply go out and live in a barn with cows and pigs. Do not stand in the way of progress. So there I stand!!!!!!

This explains a lot.

The beef and chicken industry has a MASSIVE environmental footprint.  If you're interested in personally helping climate change, you can honestly do 10x as much good by laying off meat (or cutting back) as you can if you rode the bus.

14 minutes ago, Orange said:

The beef and chicken industry has a MASSIVE environmental footprint.  If you're interested in personally helping climate change, you can honestly do 10x as much good by laying off meat (or cutting back) as you can if you rode the bus.

All food has a massive environmental footprint.  We're the problem.

4 legs good, 2 legs bad.

Hmm, goes a little far. That said, why do we use beef for ground meat? It's ridiculous. About every other ground meat I've had tastes better and has a lower environmental footprint. Lamb, turkey, pork, game... hell, I bet a ground cricket patty would be pretty tasty, have more protein, and be much more environmentally conscious. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 minute ago, happycamper said:

Hmm, goes a little far. That said, why do we use beef for ground meat? It's ridiculous. About every other ground meat I've had tastes better and has a lower environmental footprint. Lamb, turkey, pork, game... hell, I bet a ground cricket patty would be pretty tasty, have more protein, and be much more environmentally conscious. 

Ground lamb is pricey but better for sure.  Not a fan of ground Turkey, going to have to disagree with it tasting better.  Pork is good but not something I would want a burger out of.  Game is great.  Elk ranches?  

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Ground lamb is pricey but better for sure.  Not a fan of ground Turkey, going to have to disagree with it tasting better.  Pork is good but not something I would want a burger out of.  Game is great.  Elk ranches?  

If you don't want pork burgers you need to try larb burgers. yum. Turkey tends to be better for me in spaghetti/lasagna more than burgers. Less heavy, lets the cheese and sauce shine a bit more which I prefer.

Yeah, elk ranches and venison ranches. Probably bison, or at least beefalo, ranches too - IIRC the hangup there isn't demand, it's that bison and beefalo are regulated differently than cattle. Frankly for me ground meat, unless it is something flavorful like lamb or venison, is more "textured protein product" so any critter that gives animal protein at a reasonable texture at a reasonable price is totally fine. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

24 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

All food has a massive environmental footprint.  We're the problem.

4 legs good, 2 legs bad.

This is like that "all lives matter" bullshit.

beef, chicken and pork are exponentially worse on the planet.  Think of the acreage and plant life consumed by cows.   This shit poisoning river supplies and ground water.  It's not even close.

A vegetarian diet for all humans would have a HUGE impact in slowing global warming.

1 minute ago, Orange said:

beef, chicken and pork are exponentially worse on the planet.  Think of the acreage and plant life consumed by cows.   This shit poisoning river supplies and ground water.  It's not even close.

A vegetarian diet for all humans would have a HUGE impact in slowing global warming.

At some point your solutions make people's lives worse than the problem you're trying to fix

5 minutes ago, Orange said:

Ain't. Going. To. Happen.  I love veggies and fruit but life would suck without a burger, steak, chicken, pork chop....etc...

2 minutes ago, happycamper said:

At some point your solutions make people's lives worse than the problem you're trying to fix

Really?  Eating a little less meat is worse than 2 billion refugees creating havoc and plummeting the economy into something resembling dystopia, while we all deal with insufferable heat and rain and storms?

5 minutes ago, Orange said:

2 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Not to mention it is pseudo science of the 70's 80's and 90's.  

https://www.cmu.edu/news/stories/archives/2015/december/diet-and-environment.html

“Lots of common vegetables require more resources per calorie than you would think. Eggplant, celery and cucumbers look particularly bad when compared to pork or chicken.”

Just now, Wyoguns said:

Ain't. Going. To. Happen.  I love veggies and fruit but life would suck without a burger, steak, chicken, pork chop....etc...

Life will suck worse for our children and grandchildren as the earth becomes a hellhole.  It's all about priorities.  I get it, you won't be mildly inconvenienced to avert catastrophe for your kids.  That's your choice.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Not to mention it is pseudo science of the 70's 80's and 90's.  

https://www.cmu.edu/news/stories/archives/2015/december/diet-and-environment.html

“Lots of common vegetables require more resources per calorie than you would think. Eggplant, celery and cucumbers look particularly bad when compared to pork or chicken.”

Perhaps the issue is just beef then.  People can keep their chicken and bacon.