Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Renderings make it real

If they think an expansion to 55k gets it done for an NFL return, I know this Nigerian prince who will finance it...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

10 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Looks like CSU. 

yep. right down to the parking, but they might have a slightly bigger area for tailgating, lol.

I'm guessing there's more parking somewhere else? or they'll be bussing to the stadium like we will be.:P

anyway, looks like a nice stadium.

30 minutes ago, RSF said:

If they think an expansion to 55k gets it done for an NFL return, I know this Nigerian prince who will finance it...

I don't know.  What did the Chargers average? 60k-70k?  There might be some NFL fans that never return.  It might also make the market for tickets more robust if a team returns.  Sell outs all the time.  Plus with attendence going down for a lot of live sports, it might not be a bad thing. 

Now, the NFL wanting more capacity might be another thing.  I would think that stadium might be a bridge rather than a home.  

4 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

I don't know.  What did the Chargers average? 60k-70k?  There might be some NFL fans that never return.  It might also make the market for tickets more robust if a team returns.  Sell outs all the time.  Plus with attendence going down for a lot of live sports, it might not be a bad thing. 

Now, the NFL wanting more capacity might be another thing.  I would think that stadium might be a bridge rather than a home.  

Capacity is just part if it.   Ignoring the palaces being built in LA and LV, even the stadium in Minneapolis cost 1 billion.  Its the suites, the clubs, all the bells and whistles that go with it.  Cant see expanding a 250 mill stadium to meet those needs.  Best they stick to the Aztecs, and maybe try to attract an MLS team.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

55 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Looks like CSU. 

Actually, not at all.  CSU has a pressbox and our scoreboard is in the endzone.  Canvas functions as the day to day operations and training center for football.  This one appears to be gameday only.  Tons of SRO, but it appears all of it is upper deck type stuff.  Kind of "JerryWorldesque".  Nice use of the gaps between 1st and 2nd, and 2nd and 3rd levels for suites.  Unless one of those is the missing press box.  Good looking stadium though.

1 hour ago, RSF said:

Capacity is just part if it.   Ignoring the palaces being built in LA and LV, even the stadium in Minneapolis cost 1 billion.  Its the suites, the clubs, all the bells and whistles that go with it.  Cant see expanding a 250 mill stadium to meet those needs.  Best they stick to the Aztecs, and maybe try to attract an MLS team.

That is a good point.  I didn't even think of the suites and luxury items.  

6 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Actually, not at all.  CSU has a pressbox and our scoreboard is in the endzone.  Canvas functions as the day to day operations and training center for football.  This one appears to be gameday only.  Tons of SRO, but it appears all of it is upper deck type stuff.  Kind of "JerryWorldesque".  Nice use of the gaps between 1st and 2nd, and 2nd and 3rd levels for suites.  Unless one of those is the missing press box.  Good looking stadium though.

Where’s the BeerGarden?

the lights look LED though. 😀

10 hours ago, toonkee said:

Looks like CSU. 

Huh? Looks nothing alike at all.

Looks like New Mexico’s stadium more than anything.

extremely underwhelming

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

2 minutes ago, LoFasZz said:

Huh? Looks nothing alike at all.

Looks like New Mexico’s stadium more than anything.

extremely underwhelming

Not even close. Lobo stadium is built into the side of a dirt hill. It’s too wide side to side, and the stands are too flat, so if someone tall side in front of you, you have to look stand up or keep looking left and right. 

Unfortunately, New Mexico/UNM doesn’t have the foresight to built a stadium this nice for the future. Lobo fans would be proud of a stadium like SDSU’s. Good job Aztecs!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

14 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

yep. right down to the parking, but they might have a slightly bigger area for tailgating, lol.

I'm guessing there's more parking somewhere else? or they'll be bussing to the stadium like we will be.:P

anyway, looks like a nice stadium.

The area to the north can easily hold four times as many cars if they should decide to build a parking structure there - which leads to this.

I still check it out the AztecMess site regularly even though I haven't posted there for a couple years or more because I just can't take the idiot ratio. Anyway, several regulars there have been really pissed because the new stadium will allow only minimal drive-up capability which they've always had for tailgating and if a parking structure is built there will be absolutely none of that. Well, contrary to Qualcomm which has had none, there WILL be grass areas immediately east and west of the stadium to picnic on. As if those lazy fans can't walk a couple hundred yards to and fro. :rolleyes:

As to the idea the stadium looks like UNM's, lmao. I've been to that dump and not only will this stadium be almost nothing like it, CSU was nice enough to host SDSU representatives on multiple occasions and more than anything, their stadium is the template which is being used. So I've never been to the new stadium in Ft. Collins but if ours will be garbage, maybe LoSpaz should look in the mirror.

Boom goes the dynamite.

13 hours ago, RSF said:

+1. SDSU officials will never admit as much but the truth is they don't want another NFL team in the city to have to compete against. As to professional soccer, I don't follow the sport in the US because it's so mediocre but there's another league besides MLS which has already expressed interest in placing a franchise in the new stadium. Whether it would be successful is an open question but that should at least help SDSU pay the bills for several years. The stadium is also being designed to accommodate concerts so it will replace the Open Air facility now on campus which will be replaced by something related to academics.

Boom goes the dynamite.

13 hours ago, Headbutt said:

I don't now about CSU but SDSU doesn't need to use its stadium for practices as there is already a perfectly good facility for that which includes the new locker room which Boise fans denigrated here because of the one support beam in the center. (Oh well, nobody's perfect - except Boise football. ;))

Boom goes the dynamite.