Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kingpotato

Well, duh

2 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

That's how we used to be in basketball, maybe still are, to a certain extent. So we totally get it.

Totally... although I'd imagine on an even greater scale than Boise. It's just different. They wouldn't understand.

Just now, kingpotato said:

Totally... although I'd imagine on an even greater scale than Boise. It's just different. They wouldn't understand.

Of course the rebs are nowhere near where they used to be, but at least we can say we've been there. I've had a ton of respect for how Boise has built their program, especially with that Fiesta Bowl, easily my favorite college bowl game. 

I just happen to now think you deserve a better coach. But maybe he'll surprise me. (and probably not the time, lol).

17 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Yes, that's correct. If Alabama doesn't win the National Championship, it's a disappointing season. They have a different expectation. That's the standard. Like I said, Conference Championships are cool... but also, like, meh. Were win in the top-10? What P5's did we beat? It's not surprising to me that you don't understand. Fresno has much lower expectations.

You have got a lot of nerve talking about another program's expectations.  Fresno finished the 2018 season ranked 18th in the country which according to your earlier post would be a disappointing season by Boise standards.  You and I both know that is a lie.

5 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

That's how we used to be in basketball, maybe still are, to a certain extent. So we totally get it.

It's not healthy though.  Any season we win the conference should be considered a success as should any top 25 finish.

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

It's not healthy though.  Any season we win the conference should be considered a success as should any top 25 finish.

It's absolutely not healthy! Keep that ^ ^ ^ perspective, otherwise you end up like us. :P

2 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

Of course the rebs are nowhere near where they used to be, but at least we can say we've been there. I've had a ton of respect for how Boise has built their program, especially with that Fiesta Bowl, easily my favorite college bowl game. 

I just happen to now think you deserve a better coach. But maybe he'll surprise me. (and probably not the time, lol).

That 1991 UNLV team is the best team I've ever seen when it comes to college basketball. It's unfortunate that they don't get that recognition just because they lost a game at the wrong time. If put money on them over any team in history if they played head-to-head. 

2 hours ago, SBBulldog85 said:

You have got a lot of nerve talking about another program's expectations.  Fresno finished the 2018 season ranked 18th in the country which according to your earlier post would be a disappointing season by Boise standards.  You and I both know that is a lie.

We've had, like, 10 of those. It's neat, I guess. 

24 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

That 1991 UNLV team is the best team I've ever seen when it comes to college basketball. It's unfortunate that they don't get that recognition just because they lost a game at the wrong time. If put money on them over any team in history if they played head-to-head. 

funny, I just came across this a couple of hours ago, posted by Stoudamire (not even a rebel fan, lol)..

29 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

You're exactly like SDSU, Wyoming, CSU, and SDSU when they had their good years. You'll be back down and Boise will still be there. 

tenor.gif

Lol, you better start praying son.

6 hours ago, Cincy said:

LOL. 

Look at all these scared, insecure Boise fans just crossing their fingers hoping and praying that Fresno doesn’t continue dethroning the “former” champ.

Fun to watch.

Remember, Utah State has spent more money on their football program, all while your players suck in asbestos in their high school level locker rooms.

Do Fresno State recruits see the library first?

That would be a great plan of action.

4 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

Remember, Utah State has spent more money on their football program, all while your players suck in asbestos in their high school level locker rooms.

Do Fresno State recruits see the library first?

That would be a great plan of action.

I knew it was just a matter of time before tiny showed up.

Boise fans need to show Fresno more respect.  I mean when you beat your grandpa the first time its okay to celebrate but after punking the old guy about 11 times you gotta pat him on the back and tell him he's still got it ... good job gramps.  

Going back to the 2001 game, FSU lost on so many fronts.  Their OLine didn’t block, their defenders missed a ton of tackles.  But their biggest issue was on the Swillie TD.  They hit him hard but didn’t wrap.  Boise played great from an underdog point of view.  From the Fresno perspective, they already won the game before the opening kickoff.