Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

I’ve settled on my 2020 POTUS choice

15 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Gotta love it when you have to sign up for a $1 a week to read the article. Is that the Libertarian way? 

Yes. WaPo is very libertarian.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

Gotta love it when you have to sign up for a $1 a week to read the article. Is that the Libertarian way? 

Incognito mode or clear the WaPo cookie from your browser.

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

If he runs, Trump won't win Michigan. His campaign is busy dumping money into Texas for fear of losing it, and has a new focus on New Mexico, New Hampshire, and Maine. If Amash throws his hat in the ring, it's going to spread the Trump campaign even thinner and narrow Trump's road to  a 2020 victory even further. 

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

Using chrome, click/tap on the three dots in the top right hand corner, open a new incognito window and paste the url in.  Alternativly just press ctrl shift N on a desktop using chrome

Safari on mobile tap on the two overlapping pieces of paper on the bottom right hand side of the screen, then open a private browsing window.  

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Amash could be setting up for a 2024 run.  If so campaigning right now against Trump would not be beneficial.  However being as principled as he is he might do it anyways.

He’s setting up for a career of punditry and lobbying. Still, now that Musselman is out I’d vote for a ham sandwich if the libertarians ran it so long as it wasn’t Gary Johnson.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Just now, easybronc said:

I'm glad to hear that you'll be throwing your vote away.  Good job.  

We live in a constitutionally limited democratic republic, he does not live in a swing state.  He is a libertarian.  In order for a third party to get partial public funding in the following election cycle they need to reach 5% of the popular vote the cycle prior.  So, assuming you live in Idaho where your EC votes are already decided, his vote has the potential to carry far more gravity than yours does.

10 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

We live in a constitutionally limited democratic republic, he does not live in a swing state.  He is a libertarian.  In order for a third party to get partial public funding in the following election cycle they need to reach 5% of the popular vote the cycle prior.  So, assuming you live in Idaho where your EC votes are already decided, his vote has the potential to carry far more gravity than yours does.

image.jpeg.32577bf24e057be16768181d2757ae43.jpeg

4 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

He’s setting up for a career of punditry and lobbying. Still, now that Musselman is out I’d vote for a ham sandwich if the libertarians ran it so long as it wasn’t Gary Johnson.

Yeah I don't feel #ridethejohnson2020 will be trending 

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Hence the reason I've voted Libertarian in every single Presidential election I've been eligible for.

7 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Amash could be setting up for a 2024 run.  If so campaigning right now against Trump would not be beneficial.  However being as principled as he is he might do it anyways.

He can't even win his own district.   LOL

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

10 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Are you shorting your 401K?

110926run_defense710.jpg

2 hours ago, retrofade said:

Hence the reason I've voted Libertarian in every single Presidential election I've been eligible for.

You can tell when somebody has 0 clue abo the way our Republic is construed when they tell a voter they threw their vote away by voting 3rd party when they live in a non contested state.  Sheesh, that was a long breath sentence.