Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

happycamper

Surprising news for today.

A lot of people have been talking about this recession coming, whether it is coming, whether our fundamentals are set for it, and the only thing we know is that we're definitely going to have a recession at some point and it will be either less or more severe than the last one. With that being said, I just watched a short informative video here that helped put everything in perspective for today and I figured that we could contemplate on it as a basis for discussion. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

7 minutes ago, happycamper said:

A lot of people have been talking about this recession coming, whether it is coming, whether our fundamentals are set for it, and the only thing we know is that we're definitely going to have a recession at some point and it will be either less or more severe than the last one. With that being said, I just watched a short informative video here that helped put everything in perspective for today and I figured that we could contemplate on it as a basis for discussion. 

That was very informative, thanks.  I think she makes a lot of good points, a lot of truth in those words even if it is hard to hear.

I don't know about the song but here is the true bellwether of a recession. RV sales and production declines preceded the prior three recessions.  And guess what,  RV production is down over 22% and dealers aren't buying.  A plant in Georgia shut down and laid off all employees as well as 10% of it's employees in Indiana.  You may have noticed dealers trying to get rid of as much inventory at reduced prices as they can before they get stuck with it.  The recession is coming.

Image result for rv gifs

On 8/16/2019 at 5:22 PM, happycamper said:

I think she makes some excellent points and I'm definitely going to have to do some navel gazing over the next few days, maybe weeks, to really wrap my head around the magnitude or enormity of her conclusion.

In addition, one thing that really needs to be corrected is this ridiculous housing market. I mean, the price of real estate is absolutely insane throughout a good portion of the country. I don't know if the next housing correction will be as drastic as the last one but things cannot continue as they are. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

I think this guy here has an interesting perspective. He points out some realities of the situation and believes we don't have to deal with any near future hardships if we stay the course.

On 8/16/2019 at 6:11 PM, Meister_Rebel said:

I don't know about the song but here is the true bellwether of a recession. RV sales and production declines preceded the prior three recessions.  And guess what,  RV production is down over 22% and dealers aren't buying.  A plant in Georgia shut down and laid off all employees as well as 10% of it's employees in Indiana.  You may have noticed dealers trying to get rid of as much inventory at reduced prices as they can before they get stuck with it.  The recession is coming.

. ....dude, that sounds like insider trading info....don't get @mugtang in trouble. 

On 8/16/2019 at 2:30 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

That was very informative, thanks.  I think she makes a lot of good points, a lot of truth in those words even if it is hard to hear.

On 8/18/2019 at 8:04 AM, BSUTOP25 said:

I think she makes some excellent points and I'm definitely going to have to do some navel gazing over the next few days, maybe weeks, to really wrap my head around the magnitude or enormity of her conclusion.

In addition, one thing that really needs to be corrected is this ridiculous housing market. I mean, the price of real estate is absolutely insane throughout a good portion of the country. I don't know if the next housing correction will be as drastic as the last one but things cannot continue as they are. 

IDK, upon further reflection, it seems like the link has nothing to do with today and is totally out of touch. Amazing how just a couple of days can totally change your perspective on things. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

I'm not know about the motor home sales angle but Larry Kudlow was on Meet the Press yesterday and during his interview with Chuck Todd the guy said three times that the key to the economy going forward is that investors remain optimistic. Sounded like Kudlow meant to say the equivalent of "the only thing we have to fear is fear itself" but somehow it wasn't quite as reassuring.

Boom goes the dynamite.

On 8/16/2019 at 2:22 PM, happycamper said:

Already stealing my ideas.  You guys +++++ing love me.

3 minutes ago, Orange said:

Already stealing my ideas.  You guys +++++ing love me.

Apparently, we love you so much we also steal a time machine.