Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

madmartigan

US preparing to pull-out of Afghanistan

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

It's like, his only redeeming quality.

That and his amazing SCOTUS picks amirtie @SleepingGiantFan

I think this should be the US's guiding principle in almost every case "These countries can solve their own problems." We have too much shit to fix here to worry about everybody else. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

1 minute ago, retrofade said:

I actually used to work with a guy who was from Lebanon and he had similar things to say about them.

I'm sure he did. I'm sure me and your former co-worker could commiserate for hours about the subject. 

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

It's like, his only redeeming quality.

That and his amazing and moderate SCOTUS picks amirtie @SleepingGiantFan

It's 24 hours later and you're STILL triggered. And speaking of time, more than 10 months after taking his seat Kavanaugh's confirmation hearing continues to live in your head rent free.

Trump win the peace prize is a real possibility? Let me guess, the fake president is already applying diplomatic pressure on the Nobel committee to get it done.

I personally won't feel as strongly about us withdrawing our troops from those "shithole" countries if Orange Man simply turns around and redirects the money we've been wasting there and applies it to building three or four multi-billion dollar aircraft carriers which will be virtually useless by the time they're operational.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Just now, SleepingGiantFan said:

It's 24 hours later and you're STILL triggered. And speaking of time, more than 10 months after taking his seat Kavanaugh's confirmation hearing continues to live in your head rent free.

Trump win the peace prize is a real possibility? Let me guess, the fake president is already applying diplomatic pressure on the Nobel committee to get it done.

I personally won't feel as strongly about us withdrawing our troops from those "shithole" countries if Trump simply turns around and redirects the money we've been wasting there and applies it to building three or four multi-billion dollar aircraft carriers which will be virtually useless by the time they're operational.

Oh no, I will remind you of getting thoroughly owned as I know how much it bothers you, which makes me smile.  I think I posted once in the confirmation thread, you?  Cheers.

I’m of the same opinion that once Bin Laden was dead we should have been out of there. However, I can tell you how this is going to transpire. Like Vietnam and Iraq, as soon as we pull out the Taliban will take over and thousands in the present government will die. The country will go back to its medieval ways of enslaving women and stopping the education of the young. The Democrats will immediately jump all over Trump with both barrels for withdrawing and causing the resulting catastrophy. 

Despite all of that, we can’t be the worlds saviors. We’ve spilled enough of our blood trying to do that. The only real concern I have is terrorists groups reestablishing training camps there although I’m not sure the Taliban wants the terrorists groups there anymore than we do. 

32 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I’m of the same opinion that once Bin Laden was dead we should have been out of there. However, I can tell you how this is going to transpire. Like Vietnam and Iraq, as soon as we pull out the Taliban will take over and thousands in the present government will die. The country will go back to its medieval ways of enslaving women and stopping the education of the young. The Democrats will immediately jump all over Trump with both barrels for withdrawing and causing the resulting catastrophy. 

Despite all of that, we can’t be the worlds saviors. We’ve spilled enough of our blood trying to do that. The only real concern I have is terrorists groups reestablishing training camps there although I’m not sure the Taliban wants the terrorists groups there anymore than we do. 

Yeah probably. But like you said, as long as they're not launching terror attacks from there, we shouldn't be involved.

Otherwise, if we are concerned about the treatment of women, as well as political and ethnic minorities, why aren't we invading Saudi Arabia?

15 minutes ago, CV147 said:

Yeah probably. But like you said, as long as they're not launching terror attacks from there, we shouldn't be involved.

Otherwise, if we are concerned about the treatment of women, as well as political and ethnic minorities, why aren't we invading Saudi Arabia?

Which is the point. There are dictators committing atrocities and civil rights being violated all over the world. It’s not our responsibility to be the worlds policeman. That’s the job of the UN although they have been pretty much useless. I’m tired of Americans dying for people that in many cases make a half hearted effort to defend themselves and hate us when we get involved. 

5 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Which is the point. There are dictators committing atrocities and civil rights being violated all over the world. It’s not our responsibility to be the worlds policeman. That’s the job of the UN although they have been pretty much useless. I’m tired of a lot of Americans dying for people that in many cases refuse to defend themselves and we are hated when we try to help. 

The most egregious shit is going down in Africa every day: dozens of ethnic minorities killed, slave markets, terrorist cells, etc. The UN right now doesn't care, because when they try to do something we get a Somalia situation.

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

Gotta remember the Taliban/Al-Qaeda thing was more or less a marriage of convenience. It was really nothing more than that. 

Yep. We used them for our purposes. 

7 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-cabinet-meeting-14/

" As Mike said, we did a great job with the caliphate.  We have 100 percent of the caliphate, and we’re rapidly pulling out of Syria.  We’ll be out of there pretty soon.  And let them handle their own problems.  Syria can handle their own problems — along with Iran, along with Russia, along with Iraq, along with Turkey.  We’re 7,000 miles away.

Okay. I'm not defending the strawman that Trump was supposed to start a bunch of wars. I just don't think it's wise to spike the football on your own 25.

12 hours ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Yep. We used them for our purposes. 

American politicians love themselves some boogeymen. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg