Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

madmartigan

US preparing to pull-out of Afghanistan

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

1 minute ago, BSUTOP25 said:

It’s about damn time.

Get us out of the middle east. Please. It's all I ask. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Trump, for all his flaws, is not the warmonger that some of his predecessors showed themselves to be.

It’s just those casting-call generals that keep persuading him...

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

15 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

Get us out of the middle east. Please. It's all I ask. 

5 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Trump, for all his flaws, is not the warmonger that some of his predecessors showed themselves to be.

Just like @Nevada Convert's dad, the US should have pulled out much earlier. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Just like @Nevada Convert's dad, the US should have pulled out much earlier. 

Dammit, I had a much better mom joke on deck for @cosinama that you have now ruined. 

7 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

It’s just those casting-call generals that keep persuading him...

He was right in limiting us in Syria and has not started military conflict in any new countries.  Less presence in the Middle East the better and he seems to get that.

He was right in limiting us in Syria and has not started military conflict in any new countries.  Less presence in the Middle East the better and he seems to get that.

He loves him some Israel, but besides that many of the countries there he probably thinks are "shit-hole" countries. 

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

Hopefully this becomes reality. 

Hopefully he has a full withdrawal from Syria and Iraq planned next. 

"Anybody who feels bad for a bunch of dead Syrians has obviously not spent time around live ones"

-Joe from WY

Only time I have literally spit out a drink reading the board.

15 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I would cream my pants. 

18 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

couple things...

1. he's only been here 2 years.  If he makes it 4 or 8 we can at least give him credit where it's due, subject to point 2 below, of course.

2. it's quite possible that his simplistic worldview and inability to see how things balance each other, in literally any system, be it geopolitics or the economy or whatever, is dangerous and could lead to war(s) whether or not he drops actual bombs to actually get them going. Step one is as far as he can see. 

13 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

"Anybody who feels bad for a bunch of dead Syrians has obviously not spent time around live ones"

-Joe from WY

Kept that little quote right in your front pocket all this time.  Nice.

Just now, toonkee said:

Kept that little quote right in your front pocket all this time.  Nice.

That’s much more awesome than what madmartigan has in his pocket.

2 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

I would cream my pants. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

16 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I'm not holding my breath... but my brother who is currently deployed in Syria and was expected to come home in December, just got notice that him and a bunch of others are coming home NEXT MONTH instead.

The more troops we get out of there, the better

2 minutes ago, toonkee said:

couple things...

1. he's only been here 2 years.  If he makes it 4 or 8 we can at least give him credit where it's due, subject to point 2 below, of course.

2. it's quite possible that his simplistic worldview and inability to see how things balance each other, in literally any system, be it geopolitics or the economy or whatever, is dangerous and could lead to war(s) whether or not he drops actual bombs to actually get them going. Step one is as far as he can see. 

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-cabinet-meeting-14/

" As Mike said, we did a great job with the caliphate.  We have 100 percent of the caliphate, and we’re rapidly pulling out of Syria.  We’ll be out of there pretty soon.  And let them handle their own problems.  Syria can handle their own problems — along with Iran, along with Russia, along with Iraq, along with Turkey.  We’re 7,000 miles away.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-cabinet-meeting-14/

" As Mike said, we did a great job with the caliphate.  We have 100 percent of the caliphate, and we’re rapidly pulling out of Syria.  We’ll be out of there pretty soon.  And let them handle their own problems.  Syria can handle their own problems — along with Iran, along with Russia, along with Iraq, along with Turkey.  We’re 7,000 miles away.

That sounds like a complete rational thought. Color me surprised. 

22 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

-Joe from WY

That statement is still 100% true.  

9 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

I would cream my pants. 

Yo lo mismo, chico. 

5 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

I'm not holding my breath... but my brother who is currently deployed in Syria and was expected to come home in December, just got notice that him and a bunch of others are coming home NEXT MONTH instead.

The more troops we get out of there, the better

100% agreed.