Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

westfan

Omar and Talib

12 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

Well if numbers matter, the Palestinians have nothing on the Kurds, of whom there are more than 30 million who three garbage countries, Turkey, Iran and Iraq, refuse to allow to create a completely logical country.

Racist!!!;)

31 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

Agreed. And with regard to our two major parties, I'm almost more disgusted at Pelosi and the Dems jumping in with both feet to defend the two anti-Semitic representatives than with the likes of Mitch McConnell defending Trump. Granted McConnell has done so many times whereas to this point Pelosi's defense of Omar and Talibe has been a one-time event but Trump is the president whereas those two women have virtually no political power.

Did I ever say we need a third major party?

Pelosi has to or she should just hand the job over to someone who would. That’s why she did it. You’re kidding yourself if you think the squad has no political power. The political winds of their party are blowing in their direction. Omar and Talib are more recognizable to most Americans than their own representatives. And that’s why Pelosi has been placating them the last 2 months. They don’t have enough power to pressure Democrats to back their legislative ideas...yet. But make no mistake if Pelosi can’t control them, if they become the guiding voice of the Democratic Party and it seeps into the Presidential race and the Dems win, that will be your new party.

A third major party will never work, it never has. The electoral college doesn’t allow for it. We must use the tools we have.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 8/16/2019 at 11:08 PM, sactowndog said:

Except Bibi and the right wing extremists they represent don’t have shared values with anyone in the US except Y’all Quida. The right wing government is systematically trying to drive out/exterminate the Palestinians.  It’s about time these people have a voice in the halls of Congress.

Down voted by two right wing reactionaries in @modestobulldog and @Broncomare who have probably never travel outside the country let alone to the middle east.   Hey you two, just curious have you ever been to the West Bank or even had a close relative go there.   Or do you get all your news from the evangelical news channels?

On 8/16/2019 at 11:08 PM, sactowndog said:

Except Bibi and the right wing extremists they represent don’t have shared values with anyone in the US except Y’all Quida. The right wing government is systematically trying to drive out/exterminate the Palestinians.  It’s about time these people have a voice in the halls of Congress.

5 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Down voted by two right wing reactionaries in @modestobulldog and @Broncomare who have probably never travel outside the country let alone to the middle east.   Hey you two, just curious have you ever been to the West Bank or even had a close relative go there.   Or do you get all your news from the evangelical news channels?

Nope, just reacting to the text in red which is rubbish.   All parties have their issues. The middle east is an impossible situation, but Israel is probably the least responsible for current state.

110926run_defense710.jpg

2 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

Nope, just reacting to the text in red which is rubbish.   All parties have their issues. The middle east is an impossible situation, but Israel is probably the least responsible for current state.

Again have you visited there?  Do you know anyone closely who has been there?  Do you have a +++++ing clue about life conditions for Palestinians or are you just talking out your ass.

8 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Again have you visited there?  Do you know anyone closely who has been there?  Do you have a +++++ing clue about life conditions for Palestinians or are you just talking out your ass.

Have you been there?

down in a hole.jpg

13 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

What does it matter if I have been there?

110926run_defense710.jpg

4 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

I’m asking where you get your information.  And I extended it even to someone close to you.  And yet you and @Broncomare continue to avoid the question. What’s the closest you have gotten?  Shaver Lake?

I have followed various news since the 70's. 

110926run_defense710.jpg

5 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

I’m asking where you get your information.  And I extended it even to someone close to you.  And yet you and @Broncomare continue to avoid the question. What’s the closest you have gotten?  Shaver Lake?

Wait since when did it become a rule that you can not have an opinion about geopolitical issues unless you have been to that part of the world?

4 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

My information comes directly from my son-in-law who is spec-ops & spent a lot of time in the sand box, including Israel.  His father, back in his spec-ops day, actually had a joint mission with Mossad.  I am very informed about the middle east.  Again, have you been there?

down in a hole.jpg

53 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

I have followed various news since the 70's. 

again apparently you have never come close.  Have you considered that the real conditions of the Palestinians is rarely fully reported by the left or right wing media in the US?  If your information is US based news sources it is very slanted. 

52 minutes ago, Broncomare said:

My information comes directly from my son-in-law who is spec-ops & spent a lot of time in the sand box, including Israel.  His father, back in his spec-ops day, actually had a joint mission with Mossad.  I am very informed about the middle east.  Again, have you been there?

fair enough.   I included those close to you.   In my case, my mother spent many months working on setting up drug treatment centers in the Palestinian territories.  We spent many an evening talking about her experience and what she saw first hand.  Let's just say she was appalled.    

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Wait since when did it become a rule that you can not have an opinion about geopolitical issues unless you have been to that part of the world?

No one...  but is also realistic to consider where you live may well heavily slant the information you receive.   The right spends forever complaining about the mainstream media but never considers  both the left and the right media present of very slanted view of what goes on in the Palestinian territories.

7 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

fair enough.   I included those close to you.   In my case, my mother spent many months working on setting up drug treatment centers in the Palestinian territories.  We spent many an evening talking about her experience and what she saw first hand.  Let's just say she was appalled.    

They've also been to Africa and have seen appalling conditions there.  Heck, just look at the homeless in LA and SF, that's pretty appalling too.

down in a hole.jpg

Just now, Broncomare said:

They've also been to Africa and have seen appalling conditions there.  Heck, just look at the homeless in LA and SF, that's pretty appalling too.

I am not talking poverty.  If you are equating poverty to the virtual prison camp the Palestinians are subjected to then you are clueless like I thought.