Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

westfan

Omar and Talib

3 hours ago, mugtang said:

I was just going to say this.  

Democrats: Trump has concentration camps 

Also Democrats:  you need to give up certain weapons that are “similar” to weapons the military uses because only the government should have them.  

The problem is finding an apt description for something that is not at the horrific level of Nazi concentration camps but conveys the forced imprisonment of families for non violent crimes or asylum requests. 

The Japanese internment camps might be the best parallel but it is not a common term.  Sadly perhaps Trump is reviving a lot of the worst of the 40’s and 50’s.

7 hours ago, Broncomare said:

Yes, because in Africa all of those kids are voluntarily entering rebel's armies.  The Palestinians are not as innocent as you make them out to be.  Especially, in the 80's & 90's an Israeli family could not go out to have pizza without getting blown up.  Or go to the Olympics with out dying.  You are the clueless one because you only see one side.  Mossad makes the CIA look like choir boys and there is a reason for that. 

If you are equating Likud’s treatment of the Palestinians to drug lords conscripting children then perhaps we agree. 

2 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

That’s not being anti-Semitic. Trump is a crybaby and says that to everyone that he thinks doesn’t appreciate the work he’s put in to helping a group of people. It’s the same kind of thing as his criticism of people that happen to be of color. He’s an equal opportunity very assertive critic. 

You’re losing touch with the actual definition of an anti-Semite. Discrimination, Prejudice and Hostility are 3 words that define it. You have to have the intent of those 3 words, and that’s not what he was doing. Trump isn’t going to know or care about “an old anti-semitic thing.” He’s done more to help the Jews that any president in forever, including moving the US embassy to Jerusalem. You honestly think he hates Jewish people? That is absolutely laughable. 😳😳😳

I think Trump sees this as a political ploy to try to split the American Jewish vote from the Democratic Party.  Trump doesn’t give a crap about anyone but himself.  Nor does he care who he hurts to score a political point as he already proved by separating children at the border.  He is simply the most vile national office holder ever.  

3 hours ago, mugtang said:

Also Democrats:  you need to give up certain weapons that are “similar” to weapons the military uses because only the government should have them.  

That's a fine way to point out some cognitive dissonance but the public isn't allowed to have anything remotely approaching the government's capabilities, and honestly thank God for that. In the end gun control is just an argument of degree.

17 minutes ago, toonkee said:

That's a fine way to point out some cognitive dissonance but the public isn't allowed to have anything remotely approaching the government's capabilities, and honestly thank God for that. In the end gun control is just an argument of degree.

That’s true.  But maybe we should all have nuclear weapons. :hmmm: 

not a serious proposal 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

All rifles kill less than 400 people a year.  That puts the number somewhere between dog bites and hands/fist/feet.  in 2013 knives were used to kill 1500 people while rifles less than 300.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded-homicide/expanded_homicide_data_table_8_murder_victims_by_weapon_2009-2013.xls

America is emotionally crippled due to the trauma mass shootings cause and not able to think critically.

20 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

All rifles kill less than 400 people a year.  That puts the number somewhere between dog bites and hands/fist/feet.  in 2013 knives were used to kill 1500 people while rifles less than 300.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded-homicide/expanded_homicide_data_table_8_murder_victims_by_weapon_2009-2013.xls

America is emotionally crippled due to the trauma mass shootings cause and not able to think critically.

I’m with you, but emotional trauma is serious and absolutely leads to an inability to think critically. This is a problem.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

14 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

When your government is using concentration camps, seems like a bad time to ask them to take away your guns. 

Super, advocate in DC for illegal immigrants to have gun rights.  All of a sudden the rural gun nuts will join the Brady Campaign.  

This actually gets to the heart of the creation of 2A. It was meant PURELY for white males.  And, more specifically, to control slaves.  Yay freedumb!

13 hours ago, mugtang said:

Nah, you can keep them as part of militia service.  

Just now, Orange said:

Nah, you can keep them as part of militia service.  

I’m already part of the militia as defined under the United States Code.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, Orange said:

Fair enough, just keep them locked up.  They aren't toys.

People who don’t lock up their guns are idiots. 

11 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Do you have any idea how many Palestinians have died via Israeli retribution?   Do you know how many Palestinians have died because they can’t get through endless checkpoints to Medical attention?  You are +++++ing clueless.

https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2019/country-chapters/israel/palestine

Retribution bad?  What is the alternative?

110926run_defense710.jpg

10 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Not what I was arguing but I'll play.

How many american civilians die from RPGs and F-15s and cruise missiles and tanks and tactical nukes set off in wal-marts?

I was only arguing that we're not allowed to have all the weapons the government does so in my estimation Mug's statement was something to consider but a little hollow in the end.

3 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Not what I was arguing but I'll play.

How many american civilians die from RPGs and F-15s and cruise missiles and tanks and tactical nukes set off in wal-marts?

I was only arguing that we're not allowed to have all the weapons the government does so in my estimation Mug's statement was something to consider but a little hollow in the end.

None now that Obama is not president.  :)

19 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Considering you referred to immigrant detention facilities as concentration camps, your reference to a virtual prison camp sounds like more hyperbole. 

They are concentration camps. So were the camps we put Japanese in and the Seminole. Just because we don't do the systematic slaughter later like the Nazis did doesn't make them not concentration camps. The concept and term predate the Nazis, their examples are just the most imprinted on the public consciousness because they were the most horrific. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 minute ago, happycamper said:

They are concentration camps. So were the camps we put Japanese in and the Seminole. Just because we don't do the systematic slaughter later like the Nazis did doesn't make them not concentration camps. The concept and term predate the Nazis, their examples are just the most imprinted on the public consciousness because they were the most horrific. 

IIRC Hitler said he was inspired by the way America used these camps against "inferior" populations and the Brits in the Boer Wars.