Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

westfan

Omar and Talib

Stupid move by Netanyahu, and stupid move by Trump for getting involved. Should have let them go there, make asses out of themselves, and come back. Instead, it just gives more red meat for the unhinged "SEE HE IS A DICTATOR!!!!" crowd. 

9 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Israel has a law that bans non-citizens from coming into their country and acting to protest the government or any activities that are meant to hurt Israel as their goal.

ALLOWS the banning of, yes. And according to a guest on Ben Shapiro's show last night who FWIW had worked in four Republican administrations, that law has not been enforced a full 17 times since it was enacted.

I don't like Omar and Talib. However, consistent with what Shapiro's guest said, one of the staunchest pro-Israel lobbying groups opined that Bibi showed himself to be nothing more than Trump's puppet on this one.

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

Stupid move by Netanyahu, and stupid move by Trump for getting involved. Should have let them go there, make asses out of themselves, and come back. Instead, it just gives more red meat for the unhinged "SEE HE IS A DICTATOR!!!!" crowd. 

Right now the Democrats are rallying around them. I could see how that might be a good strategy for Trump. But no way is it good for Netanyahu. Had they come and did their thing instead of being barred, the rest of the Democrats would have distanced themselves from them. Now he’s got one of the two major parties closing ranks against his interests. Bigly dumb move.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

7 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Because they are they are Congresswomen of their most powerful and vital ally. Because they are supposedly our most important ally in the region not because they work well with us in intelligence gathering, but because they are supposedly unique in sharing the values of western civilization. If they’re simply going to act like any other tin horn, repressive regime like all the others, why the hell should we look at them as anything other than a transactional relationship like all our other “allies” in the region? Jesus man, they had a golden opportunity to let two idiots, Omar especially, come and show our country and the world their antisemitism. Instead they look just like any other regime in the Middle East, using their authority to silence critics not because those critics are liars, but because they fear what they say rings true.

Stop looking at this as an American, and step into Israel’s shoes and reality. You’re being totally naive that protests of this nature are harmless to Israel. In that part of the world, the Palestinians would view letting them in for a protest against Israel as a sign of weakness, and it would embolden & boost morale among the militant Palestinians.

Good Lord, you see that as an opportunity to showcase the .5 quad’s antisemitic views for the world to see? How many times must they say & express it to make you happy?  They’ve already showcased it many times for the world to see, and it would be another ‘par for the course’ kind of boring event if they had gone. By not letting them in for a protest, this will really get the attention of the world because it’s such an unusual thing to do. A lot of people (not the anti-Israeli hater hacks) will think, wow!, they must have said some horrible things for Israel to take this action. 

You also seem to think this is some sort of official US gov business. It’s not, and if it were, Israel stated that they’d absolutely be allowed in. 

kat.jpg

Guest #1Stunner
3 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

Or Kentucky. That idea was kicked around too. 

There's always been Jews in the Levant but the idea of that part of the Levant as some sort of "ancient homeland" for Jews is bizarre. The Jews originated as a tribe in modern-day Yemen. 

The Jews should have come to Utah.

Utah has a history of being a safe haven for people fleeing an extermination order.    They would have been welcomed with open arms, the Great Salt Lake would be as familiar as the Dead Sea, and there would have been plenty of unleavened bread for all...    And did I mention that St. George is close to Las Vegas???? (Jews seem to love Vegas).

Plus...Sandy Koufax would have played ball at BYU.

Guest #1Stunner

If I recall correctly, prior to the outbreak of WWII, American Jews were against accepting European Jews, for fear that it would increase antisemitism in the US.

3 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

The Jews should have come to Utah.

Utah has a history of being a safe haven for people fleeing an extermination order.    They would have been welcomed with open arms, the Great Salt Lake would be as familiar as the Dead Sea, and there would have been plenty of unleavened bread for all...    And did I mention that St. George is close to Las Vegas???? (Jews seem to love Vegas).

Plus...Sandy Koufax would have played ball at BYU.

That would have been a perfect spot. Could have given the Zionists all of Western Tooele/Box Elder Counties. 

Or Kentucky. That idea was kicked around too. 

There's always been Jews in the Levant but the idea of that part of the Levant as some sort of "ancient homeland" for Jews is bizarre. The Jews originated as a tribe in modern-day Yemen. 

Everyone knows you hate Israel as much as UNLV fans hate soap and water. 😂👍

kat.jpg

Just now, Nevada Convert said:

Everyone knows you hate Israel as much as UNLV fans hate soap and water. 😂👍

I don't hate Israel. I hate what the Zionists have done to the Palestinian People. 

Guest #1Stunner
6 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I don't hate Israel. I hate what the Zionists have done to the Palestinian People. 

I agree with you...

Anyone taking a fair look at it, has to conclude that Israel is really being unfair, oppressive, and tyrannical to the Palestinian People.   I mean, what is their end game?   They aren't going to commit genocide against the Palestinians...  So are they just going to treat them like second class citizens forever, and deny them basic freedoms and rights?   How is that fair?  Palestinians are living in a Gestapo sort of police state situation.

Maybe some neighboring country needs to accept all of the Palestinians and resettle them?

Here is the current population breakdown:

4 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

I agree with you...

Anyone taking a fair look at it, has to conclude that Israel is really being unfair, oppressive, and tyrannical to the Palestinian People.   I mean, what is their end game?   They aren't going to commit genocide against the Palestinians...  So are they just going to treat them like second class citizens forever, and deny them basic freedoms and rights?   How is that fair?

Maybe some neighboring country needs to accept all of the Palestinians and resettle them?

Here is the current population breakdown:

Sadly, there are nearly 5 million Palestinians in the neighboring Arab countries.  They are denied basic human rights there as well and used a political pawns to put pressure on Israel and punish Palestinian leadership when they do things they do not like (See the support of Saddam).  Jordan is the only place they are treated somewhat humane and even there they are a second class people.

Wrong. The people that think he’s a dictator are Palestinians, their sympathizers and general Israel haters. Letting mini-quad in isn’t going to lessen their hate at all. Israel can never do right with these people. So who cares if they call him a dictator. All Israel has to do is explain it to the reasonable non-haters of the world, and they’ll understand where they’re coming from. 

You’re also viewing it from an American point of view. What it actually does is make Israel look weak to the Palestinians and other anti-Israel countries in the Middle East. They see it as Israel saying “Sure, come on in to my house, spit on my face, and I chose not to prevent it from happening because I’m a big passive/wimpy puss.” That will have a tendency to embolden your enemy. The Middle East has more of an old school, primitive way of thinking about what strength and weakness is. In modern western culture, allowing people to have freedom of speech and the right to criticize their own gov is a sign of strength as a country. 

kat.jpg

Guest #1Stunner
5 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Sadly, there are nearly 5 million Palestinians in the neighboring Arab countries.  They are denied basic human rights there as well and used a political pawns to put pressure on Israel and punish Palestinian leadership when they do things they do not like (See the support of Saddam).  Jordan is the only place they are treated somewhat humane and even there they are a second class people.

Maybe we should invite all of the Palestinians to immigrate to the United States?

I'm not necessarily opposed to the idea.   I'm not sure if they would be interested.    Seems like there is a Palestinian community in Detroit, and a lot of vacant land there.   They could revitalize the area some more?

Just thinking out loud.   

Would American Jews throw a hissyfit over this idea?  Would Republicans / Democrats who want to support Israel go against it?   Maybe the Donald could sell this idea?

20 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

The reality is that there’s plenty of blame to go around on both sides over the years. It’s a lot like divorce court where it’s never all one persons fault. 

I’m assuming you weren’t OK with bus and cafe explosions that occurred about once or twice a month for a long time before Israel built their wall. I hope not.

kat.jpg

12 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Maybe we should invite all of the Palestinians to immigrate to the United States?

I'm not necessarily opposed to the idea.   I'm not sure if they would be interested.    Seems like there is a Palestinian community in Detroit, and a lot of vacant land there.   They could revitalize the area some more?

We should. As industrious and intelligent as they collectively are, they'd be a huge net positive addition to our country. 

14 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Wrong. The people that think he’s a dictator are Palestinians, their sympathizers and general Israel haters. Letting mini-quad in isn’t going to lessen their hate at all. Israel can never do right with these people. So who cares if they call him a dictator. All Israel has to do is explain it to the reasonable non-haters of the world, and they’ll understand where they’re coming from. 

You’re also viewing it from an American point of view. What it actually does is make Israel look weak to the Palestinians and other anti-Israel countries in the Middle East. They see it as Israel saying “Sure, come on in to my house, spit on my face, and I chose not to prevent it from happening because I’m a big passive/wimpy puss.” That will have a tendency to embolden your enemy.

Sunlight cures all problems. Let them in and let them make asses of themselves. 

When did you become a member of the Likud Party anyway? 

Guest #1Stunner
2 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

We should. As industrious and intelligent as they collectively are, they'd be a huge net positive addition to our country. 

I like the idea.  Help them immigrate to the US, specifically Detroit or somewhere in need of new population.

And I'm not just saying this because there was an incredibly hot girl from Palestine back in college.

18 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Sunlight cures all problems. Let them in and let them make asses of themselves. 

When did you become a member of the Likud Party anyway? 

Fvck parties and labels. This is pure common sense. You have to understand your own situation as a country and then also understand how your enemy thinks. That’s the absolute bottom line.

Too much sunlight can also be fatal with skin cancer, and too much sunlight can damage your skin and make you look like shit. You know what happens when you have a person with a major bacterial infection (ex. Lyme) and too high of a dose of antibiotics (sunlight) is given? The die off of all the dead bacteria (herx reaction) in the body is too much for the body to process getting rid of and you can die. 

kat.jpg

3 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Fvck parties and labels. This is pure common sense. You have to understand your own situation as a country and then also understand how your enemy thinks. That’s the absolute bottom line.

Too much sunlight can also be fatal with skin cancer. You know what happens when you have a person with a major bacterial infection (ex. Lyme) and too high of a dose of antibiotics (sunlight) is given? The die off of all the dead bacteria (herx reaction) in the body is too much for the body to process getting rid of and you can die. 

Did you vote for Likud in the last election?  

agree with much of what was said.

but.....

Trump knows he can Tweet stuff out and manipulate the news cycles.

he wanted to get away from the Stock market news.

Used 2 of  the somewhat naive   4 freshman Congresspeople to help do it.

and then buddy Benny N. obliged him.

cerified_Subarus.jpg