Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Which MWC Coaches Are Fired This Year?

I think that Bobo's seat is hotter than many think. With the money put towards football, the admistration can't be happy with what has transpired.

Even if you give him somewhat of a pass last year, the first 3 seasons contained no signature wins and 3 bowl loses to Group of 5 schools. And from what I could tell, it's never appeared to be a talent problem.

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

Who will be fired this year, either during the season or end of the year?  Here’s who I think will be fired:

Tony Sanchez

Bob Davie

Brett Brennan 

Good news! Davie is extended to 2021... yup exciting news around here, so no, he won’t get fired this year. We need his  buyout to be well under 1mil., so we’ll keep him until at least through  2021.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

2 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

Good news! Davie is extended to 2021... yup exciting news around here, so no, he won’t get fired this year. We need his  buyout to be well under 1mil., so we’ll keep him until at least through  2021.

And what then? Shut down the program?

Bobo? 50-50

Bohl? No way, no how he gets fired. The guy's doing a good job.

Brennan? Also no way, no how. Things have gotten so bad at SAN!!! that just running a clean program in which the players try hard keeps you working thru your contract.

The Sanchize? Not until December 2020.

I think Sanchez, Bobo and Brennan will all get whacked in December 2020. Also, since Rocky has been talking about 2020 being SDSU's breakout season for the last year and a half, I think that if the Aztecs go barely over .500 again each of the next two years, he's going to quit at the end of 2020. So add in Davie, who will have just one year left on his contract, and also Rolovich if the upward momentum stalls and the roof could fall in on Thompson's Folly.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Harsin is driving the Boise program to the ground. Tedford caught up to Boise, then passed them in two short years with a one-win team. They won’t even make it interesting vs Tedford if they continue on this path. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

6 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Harsin is driving the Boise program to the ground. Tedford caught up to Boise, then passed them in two short years with a one-win team. They won’t even make it interesting vs Tedford if they continue on this path. 

Agree completely. 2-2 vs Fresno the last two years is a fuucking joke. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

4 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

He’ll never be fired as long as he can keep winning the Border War. Season record is far less relevant than that one game for WYO.

100% true.  It's all they care about.

Finished stadium 2017B.jpg

4 hours ago, Ram Allegiance said:

I think that Bobo's seat is hotter than many think. With the money put towards football, the admistration can't be happy with what has transpired.

Even if you give him somewhat of a pass last year, the first 3 seasons contained no signature wins and 3 bowl loses to Group of 5 schools. And from what I could tell, it's never appeared to be a talent problem.

I would have fired Bobo last year.  i understand the man was sick but with all that going on his assistants did a horrible job helping him out.  Some of the games were as bad as I've seen or the worst I've seen since following CSU football in 1985.

There was a glimmer of hope at the end against Utah State and AF to end the year but overall the way he has run this program has been suspect at best.  Since he took over there has been a steady decline in game prep, game day coaching, pride, leadership, toughness, special teams gaffes, penalties, discipline and culture of selfishness and losing,  RB Izzy Mathews confirmed what many of us already knew about Bobo's program in January.  i hope he finally figures it out in year 5 cuz I'm sick of losing and really tired of losing to rivals,.

6 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

I've heard DRF really wants to get rid of Sanchez, but the boosters have fought her. If Sanchez posts less than 6 wins, I think he may be done.

If Vegas wins 6 games I’ll quit the board.  Absolutely no way.   But I still think he remains coach with another 4 win season.  Why would Unlv fire one of their all time greats.  He is sky rocketing up the win ladder over there.    

19 minutes ago, Scooter said:

I would have fired Bobo last year.  i understand the man was sick but with all that going on his assistants did a horrible job helping him out.  Some of the games were as bad as I've seen or the worst I've seen since following CSU football in 1985.

There was a glimmer of hope at the end against Utah State and AF to end the year but overall the way he has run this program has been suspect at best.  Since he took over there has been a steady decline in game prep, game day coaching, pride, leadership, toughness, special teams gaffes, penalties, discipline and culture of selfishness and losing,  RB Izzy Mathews confirmed what many of us already knew about Bobo's program in January.  i hope he finally figures it out in year 5 cuz I'm sick of losing and really tired of losing to rivals,.

Independent of Bobos performance last year, I wouldn’t recommend using Izzy Mathews as a source of information. He was part of the problem that was allowed to fester.

57 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Independent of Bobos performance last year, I wouldn’t recommend using Izzy Mathews as a source of information. He was part of the problem that was allowed to fester.

Interesting.  I hope we can catch up at the porch this year over a beer.  There's a few things I have heard from former players (that i cannot name) that corroborates Izzy's story but perhaps they were also part of the problem???

1 minute ago, Wyovanian said:

The problem with stupid people is they believe so much that just isn't so.

No.  The problem with stupid people such as yourself is that they think people care about their worthless opinion.

Btw, did you ever finish that book on gay sex positions???  Still teaching the class?

8 hours ago, boisewitha-s said:

Those 3 coach at schools that don’t care if they win or not. They all stay. 

Bobo if Csu doesn’t get to a bowl. 

All four of them should be gone. However you are correct in that the first three coach at schools which don't care much if they win or lose.

47 minutes ago, Scooter said:

No.  The problem with stupid people such as yourself is that they think people care about their worthless opinion.

Btw, did you ever finish that book on gay sex positions???  Still teaching the class?

I think you're confusing me with your dad...

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

5 hours ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

And what then? Shut down the program?

Bobo? 50-50

Bohl? No way, no how he gets fired. The guy's doing a good job.

Brennan? Also no way, no how. Things have gotten so bad at SAN!!! that just running a clean program in which the players try hard keeps you working thru your contract.

The Sanchize? Not until December 2020.

I think Sanchez, Bobo and Brennan will all get whacked in December 2020. Also, since Rocky has been talking about 2020 being SDSU's breakout season for the last year and a half, I think that if the Aztecs go barely over .500 again each of the next two years, he's going to quit at the end of 2020. So add in Davie, who will have just one year left on his contract, and also Rolovich if the upward momentum stalls and the roof could fall in on Thompson's Folly.

Bobo will not be fired in December of 2020, due to a variety of scenarios.  The worst case of which is that they could wait just one more month and save $2.5 Million in buyout money.  I actually think he's going to surprise some folks and turn things around this year.  I'm not putting any money on that, but I'm thinking we'll be surprised.  Might see an extension instead of a firing.

9 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Bobo will not be fired in December of 2020, due to a variety of scenarios.  The worst case of which is that they could wait just one more month and save $2.5 Million in buyout money.  I actually think he's going to surprise some folks and turn things around this year.  I'm not putting any money on that, but I'm thinking we'll be surprised.  Might see an extension instead of a firing.

Man, I really want some of what your smoking.  Lots of it.