Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stchas

Nations 25 best Men's Basketball home court advantages

47 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

All of those MWC courts used to be big advantages. Their crowds and enthusiasm have dwindled. Especially SDSU. 

USU's home court was back to full blast when the team was winning. Ask Jordan Caroline. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

56 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

All of those MWC courts used to be big advantages. Their crowds and enthusiasm have dwindled. Especially SDSU. 

And UNM. I’ve been to games where there are less than 10k there. Hope Weir can bring the fire back to the Pit, but I’m it sure he’s the one to do it.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

44 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

And UNM. I’ve been to games where there are less than 10k there. Hope Weir can bring the fire back to the Pit, but I’m it sure he’s the one to do it.

I'm bullish on the Lobos this year. I think you are a top 3 team in the MW. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

2 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

I don’t think there are any Lobos fans that are thinking that optimistic. I’m thinking middle of the pack myself, maybe a 6 seed in the MWCT.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

2 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Is Grand Canyon really that good of a home court advantage (#23 ahead of North Carolina at #24?)

UNC is a massive arena with a tall dome, and a split up student section.  It can get loud, but it isn't all that impressive.  It definitely turns up during ACC play.

6 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

UNC is a massive arena with a tall dome, and a split up student section.  It can get loud, but it isn't all that impressive.  It definitely turns up during ACC play.

Yeah, but I still think 20,000+ fans every game is more impressive than 7,000 GCU gets.  But that is impressive GCU has been selling out vs. the lowly WAC teams while sharing the same market as Arizona (who gets 14k+ each game).

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

How does altitude poisoning factor into these rankings? Any SDSU fans care to opine? 

Sure! We're at a disadvantage being at sea level and all, as our fans can't rely upon oxygen-deprived cranial starvation as a catalyst to act f*cking crazy. 

giphy.gif

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

1 hour ago, nvspuds said:

Viejas has been the toughest by far for Nevada.  I don't think the Pack has ever won there.

Well, not in the mwc era, but we won there when we were big west 

3 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Yeah, but I still think 20,000+ fans every game is more impressive than 7,000 GCU gets.  But that is impressive GCU has been selling out vs. the lowly WAC teams while sharing the same market as Arizona (who gets 14k+ each game).

It’s a great atmosphere and very loud. Even with all the crap teams that come in. But when the rare big name comes in the Havocs turn it up even more without being the a-holes that usu students turn into. 

9 hours ago, madmartigan said:

Well the talent is there and if two players get their eligibility straightened out it could really be dangerous but chemistry will be lacking with the newcomers.

7 hours ago, Lobo Amor said:

Well the talent is there and if two players get their eligibility straightened out it could really be dangerous but chemistry will be lacking with the newcomers.

Which two players are you referring to?

13 hours ago, brillio said:

It’s a great atmosphere and very loud. Even with all the crap teams that come in. But when the rare big name comes in the Havocs turn it up even more without being the a-holes that usu students turn into. 

Is that even possible?