Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jdgaucho

Boise Drivers

1 hour ago, bluerules009 said:

They were born in Central America or Mexico and they drive like shit there too.

A huge proportion were born in Pennsylvania and Ohio and new York

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Let's bring back an oldie, but goodie appropriate for this thread. 

https://youtu.be/_wMa_t5cBgY

8 hours ago, Broncomare said:

Actually, it's all the damn Californians moving up here that can't drive!!!

Uh, there called student athletes, then you shouldn't have recruited them, given them scholarships for a free education and to play football. Oh, that's right, then Boise wouldn't have a football team. Rock and a hard place........

m_85966f993371c1964e647092f6dc3afd.gif

"Bulldog Born, Bulldog Bred, Bulldog Till The Day I'm Dead"

San Diego State: Following in Fresno State's Shadow Since 1911.

6 hours ago, happycamper said:

The biggest change for NW drivers to me is how... meek they are. Going from Wyoming to Colorado the drivers are MUCH more aggressive. Utah as well to a lesser degree but with more speeding. I always figured it was a city vs rural driver thing.

Nope. Drivers in Seattle and Portland just are not aggressive at all. They don't punch it, they don't close the gap, they don't hit a hole when they want over, they don't crowd you. They also have no idea what cruise control is and just sorta... drive at no constant speed whatsoever. Also the passing lane is just another lane. 

As I was getting close to a driver from Washington who was in the fast lane, he literally braked to move behind a car that he’d been slowly passing, so that I could pass him. I don’t remember the last time I saw that. 

California drivers are in their own little world, they kind of have an attitude that it is all about them, and will move over if and when they notice you. They’re not so bad now. Utah drivers are malicious, will drive in the fast lane 70 mph, and will lock you in if you try to pass them on the right, smirking all the way. Especially if they have a BYU sticker in their window. 

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

A huge proportion were born in Pennsylvania and Ohio and new York

It was a joke.

At least i thought it was.

Maybe 1 in 10 californians can drive okay but that is pushing it.

They all shit their bed on a daily basis just look at what they have done to their state and those around them.

8 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

North Cuba (Miami) has by far the worst drivers in the country, 

Never had any issues with Boise drivers.  Edit: other than surprisingly they’re not well at driving in the snow.  

Truth.  I lived in Miami for a spell and the drivers there are fking crazy.  They cut you off and then fking honk at you like it was your fault.  Coming from Socal where someone honking was liable to get shot it was unreal.  The Cubans and others from the Caribbean countries were the absolute worst drivers.  I've lived in SD, SF, LA, Sac, DC, and NYC and nothing compared to Miami, nothing. 

10 hours ago, Broncomare said:

A Cali city may not be listed but you should see them try to drive in the first major snowfall.  Plus, they don't know how to use center lanes!

Now in fairness to some Californians, it's hard trying to drive in a major snowfall when you never see snow in Orange County or other locales like Santa Barbara.  You don't experience it :shrug:.  I'm personally a cautious driver by nature.

Boise drivers are not the worst. Subaru drivers are not the worst. California drivers aren’t the worst.

The worst drivers are from Effin New Jersey. People with huge inferiority complexes because their state is the taint between the two great states of New York and Pennsylvania.

Dont @ me.

2 hours ago, Fowl said:

Truth.  I lived in Miami for a spell and the drivers there are fking crazy.  They cut you off and then fking honk at you like it was your fault.  Coming from Socal where someone honking was liable to get shot it was unreal.  The Cubans and others from the Caribbean countries were the absolute worst drivers.  I've lived in SD, SF, LA, Sac, DC, and NYC and nothing compared to Miami, nothing. 

WTF happened to get you to live in Miami?

I lived in Key West for 11 years and absolutely hated driving through to get to the ex-girlfriend’s parents place in Merritt Island, don’t get me started about South Beach - the shit hole of Florida. 

The worst was driving through Miami during the typical 3 inches a minute downpours on the highway, you’re just waiting to get rear ended - almost as bad as driving on 80 through Wyoming in a blizzard.  

5 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

I lived in Key West for 11 years and absolutely hated driving through to get to the ex-girlfriend’s parents place in Merritt Island, don’t get me started about South Beach - the shit hole of Florida. 

The worst was driving through Miami during the typical 3 inches a minute downpours on the highway, you’re just waiting to get rear ended - almost as bad as driving on 80 through Wyoming in a blizzard.  

Back when they were building I-80 and the engineers came from back east, all of the ranchers in the area told them to build the interstate several miles north of Elk Mountain and you won't have any problems.  Well, those back east engineers knowing everything, said that those back woods cattle ranchers don't know what the hell they are talking about and we are going to build this interstate right up next to this mountain because the views are so pretty!  Yep, and that area of I-80 is closed more times in the winter than any other stretch of I-80.

down in a hole.jpg

11 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

As I was getting close to a driver from Washington who was in the fast lane, he literally braked to move behind a car that he’d been slowly passing, so that I could pass him. I don’t remember the last time I saw that. 

California drivers are in their own little world, they kind of have an attitude that it is all about them, and will move over if and when they notice you. They’re not so bad now. Utah drivers are malicious, will drive in the fast lane 70 mph, and will lock you in if you try to pass them on the right, smirking all the way. Especially if they have a BYU sticker in their window. 

California drivers always seem to drive the same speed. On a windy (winds like curvy, not wind... didn't realize they are spelled the same until now) 55 mph highway? Go 78 blazing by you. On an open freeway, speed limit 80? Go 78, getting passed. On a 2-lane 30 mph residential road? Try like hell to go 78. 

10 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

It was a joke.

At least i thought it was.

Maybe 1 in 10 californians can drive okay but that is pushing it.

They all shit their bed on a daily basis just look at what they have done to their state and those around them.

So was mine. All the white people from California are from all the rust belt states whose populations have declined (obviously not all but a lot).

In conclusion, Pennsylvania and New York drivers are terrible and exported that terrible to California and then called it "california driving" and are exporting it elsewhere. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 hour ago, Broncomare said:

Back when they were building I-80 and the engineers came from back east, all of the ranchers in the area told them to build the interstate several miles north of Elk Mountain and you won't have any problems.  Well, those back east engineers knowing everything, said that those back woods cattle ranchers don't know what the hell they are talking about and we are going to build this interstate right up next to this mountain because the views are so pretty!  Yep, and that area of I-80 is closed more times in the winter than any other stretch of I-80.

Snow Chi Minh trail!

10 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

I got one of my grad degrees from the U.  Thought it would be San Diego on the east coast... Night and day lol.  I left an hour after my last final - didn't even wait around to go through graduation.  I couldn't get out of there fast enough.  Haven't been back since and zero desire to return.

23 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Not a single California city was mentioned in the article. Do you guys have a large Asian population? You’d think San Jose would make that list. 

Roseville is #12.

Cheyenne is #15.

West Jordan, Utah is #7.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

3 hours ago, happycamper said:

Snow Chi Minh trail!

I've driven that stretch when it was open and no way in hell should it have been open.  The ex worked the radio room at the Wyoming Highway Dept. when we were in college and he had some funny stories.  The funniest was one of the snow plow driver's was going down I-80 around Elk Mtn, plowing away, until all of a sudden someone was banging on his window.  He got stuck & didn't know it.... they called out the rotor then.

down in a hole.jpg

1 minute ago, Broncomare said:

I've driven that stretch when it was open and no way in hell should it have been open.  The ex worked the radio room at the Wyoming Highway Dept. when we were in college and he had some funny stories.  The funniest was one of the snow plow driver's was going down I-80 around Elk Mtn, plowing away, until all of a sudden someone was banging on his window.  He got stuck & didn't know it.... they called out the rotor then.

You’re a chick. Don’t talk about driving. Your opinion is not valid. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg