Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jdgaucho

Boise Drivers

3 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Actually, it's all the damn Californians moving up here that can't drive!!!

down in a hole.jpg

7 minutes ago, Broncomare said:

Not a single California city was mentioned in the article. Do you guys have a large Asian population? You’d think San Jose would make that list. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

Probably not Boise residents.  Most likely Canyon County drivers, Owyhee County, etc. drivers trying to maneuver Boise streets.  Jefferson County (Rigby, Idaho) are the worst, that’s been my experience.  There aren't very many of them, thank heaven.

2 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Not a single California city was mentioned in the article. Do you guys have a large Asian population? You’d think San Jose would make that list. 

A Cali city may not be listed but you should see them try to drive in the first major snowfall.  Plus, they don't know how to use center lanes!

down in a hole.jpg

34 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Californians have no idea how to drive in the snow.  For 4 months of the year they are more deadly than any Asian Grandma.  Like, they are literally retarded and helpless (like Tedford recruits in the classroom).

On the flip side of that you have a lot of elderly people that have not acclimated to Boise's growth.  

2 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

North Cuba (Miami) has by far the worst drivers in the country, 

Never had any issues with Boise drivers.  Edit: other than surprisingly they’re not well at driving in the snow.  

Allow me to generalize here. When I see a shitty driver with out of state licence plates on CA freeways, it's usually from FL.

1 hour ago, jdgaucho said:

Amongst the worst nationwide.

https://idahonews.com/news/local/boise-ranks-no-6-among-us-cities-with-the-worst-drivers

Maybe trucking should be a major.

Who needs to drive when you are in the best place to live in the country.

https://livability.com/best-places/top-100-best-places-to-live/2019/id/boise

On 8/14/2019 at 11:50 AM, Broncomare said:

In all fairness to our Idaho friends, I have never visited Boise so I cannot attest to the quality of drivers there or validity of what the local CBS posted.  Would like to go there someday, see The Blue in person.

The biggest change for NW drivers to me is how... meek they are. Going from Wyoming to Colorado the drivers are MUCH more aggressive. Utah as well to a lesser degree but with more speeding. I always figured it was a city vs rural driver thing.

Nope. Drivers in Seattle and Portland just are not aggressive at all. They don't punch it, they don't close the gap, they don't hit a hole when they want over, they don't crowd you. They also have no idea what cruise control is and just sorta... drive at no constant speed whatsoever. Also the passing lane is just another lane. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

All the expressways in and out of Chicago are three lanes, so you’ll get a lot of left lane drivers doing no more than 5 mph over in a 55 mph zone.  I have no problem tailgating inches off a bumper while laying on the horn until you move over.  

Thank God I have a reverse commute, otherwise I’d likely lose my shit.  

1 hour ago, tailingpermit said:

North Cuba (Miami) has by far the worst drivers in the country, 

Never had any issues with Boise drivers.  Edit: other than surprisingly they’re not well at driving in the snow.  

Miami drivers are +++++ing crazy. 

Atlanta drivers are a close second. 

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

Miami drivers are +++++ing crazy. 

Atlanta drivers are a close second. 

I have only encountered one peach state driver in CA. I was driving thru DTLA on the 110 several summers ago. It was during the E3 convention. At that time, E3 pretty much took over DTLA.

This youngster who was clearly visiting for the convention merged in an aggressive angle. It was bump to bumper. The car in front of me moved a couple of feet and the youngster steps on it just so he can get the corner of his bumper in the lane. 

I looked over and remembered the look on the kid's face. He had an angry, determined face, but was getting a stiff neck from looking straight so hard. I Lol'd. I let him in cause I didn't care about him merging. When he fully merged, it was a Georgia plate.

4 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Chicago would be #1 if gang members here actually had any aim, 2 weeks ago 57 shot over the weekend and only 7 died.