Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Will Stacey Abrams be the Democratic VP nominee?

Will Stacey Abrams be the Democratic VP nominee?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Will Stacey Abrams be the Democratic VP nominee?

• YES
    • NO, it will be someone else, not currently a national name
    • NO, it will be a current Democratic presidential candidate.

I can't speak for the others, but I've been pro-Tulsi since 2016. I'm also not a "right winger" though I'm lumped in as such because I won't join the hysteria train about every little thing Orange Man does. 

36 minutes ago, alum93 said:

Well when this guy can win it all,  all bets are off on types of candidates on either side of the aisle in the future.  Reality show stars, music stars, basically anyone that is famous for anything has a shot.  I agree with SleepingGiant, she appears highly intelligent when she speaks.  Unfortunately, that probably works against her with some voters.

Image result for pic of trump coming down golden stairs

He wasn't a failed statewide candidate. He also had a far bigger brand than some half-obscure failed statewide candidate. Poor comparison. 

Just now, Joe from WY said:

He wasn't a failed statewide candidate. He also had a far bigger brand than some half-obscure failed statewide candidate. Poor comparison. 

it's not an A to B comparison.  It's pointing out the bar has been reset regarding what an acceptable candidate looks like.  Heck, she might end up being just as entertaining in debates.  We don't know.  As a VP,  i wouldn't worry too much about her past accomplishments or lack thereof.   In the new world of 24/7 news, internet, social media,  candidates with completely different skill sets than their predecessors have the chance for winning at the highest level.   

Just now, alum93 said:

it's not an A to B comparison.  It's pointing out the bar has been reset regarding what an acceptable candidate looks like.  Heck, she might end up being just as entertaining in debates.  We don't know.  As a VP,  i wouldn't worry too much about her past accomplishments or lack thereof.   In the new world of 24/7 news, internet, social media,  candidates with completely different skill sets than their predecessors have the chance for winning at the highest level.   

Maybe you can dig up Geraldine Ferraro as a backup. She never won a statewide race either and did wonders for the Mondale campaign. 

11 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Maybe you can dig up Geraldine Ferraro as a backup. She never won a statewide race either and did wonders for the Mondale campaign. 

I remember that race.  I also said -  In the new world of 24/7 news, internet, social media.   Trump had the right skill set to take advantage of the entertainment factor.  I'm not sure he would have had even a remote chance 30 to 40 years ago.  Scratch that, i am sure he wouldn't have had any chance at getting the nomination.   Reagan came out of Hollywood, and regardless of his mental state in the second term, he sounded like a president.  He took it seriously.  I am not arguing political views, i am simply saying the game has changed.  Congrats to Trump for taking full advantage.

2 minutes ago, alum93 said:

I remember that race.  I also said -  In the new world of 24/7 news, internet, social media.   Trump had the right skill set to take advantage of the entertainment factor.  I'm not sure he would have had even a remote chance 30 to 40 years ago.  Scratch that, i am sure he wouldn't have had any chance at getting the nomination.   Reagan came out of Hollywood, and regardless of his mental state in the second term, he sounded like a president.  He took it seriously.  I am not arguing political views, i am simply saying the game has changed.  Congrats to Trump for taking full advantage.

The game hasn't changed enough that a failed statewide candidate is going to be a boon to the VP spot. 

Reagan had won a statewide race. He was Governor of California. Again, a faulty comparison on your part. 

13 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

The game hasn't changed enough that a failed statewide candidate is going to be a boon to the VP spot. 

Reagan had won a statewide race. He was Governor of California. Again, a faulty comparison on your part. 

Well to be fair, there is no comparison to Trump either, thankfully.  The VP spot is the least of the Dem worries.  They need someone that can match up with the clown show of debates and rallies where facts are irrelevant, and find a way to get the message out in a news cycle that Trump controls.  I simply can't see how Abraham would be a liability after watching Trump win.  Maybe my view of the average US voter is simply too jaded and i need to be more practical.  But when a guy literally waves his arms and makes funny noises to make fun of a disabled person,  and gets even more popular,  i think we need to reconsider strategy and that includes who would make a good VP.

2 minutes ago, alum93 said:

Well to be fair, there is no comparison to Trump either, thankfully.  The VP spot is the least of the Dem worries.  They need someone that can match up with the clown show of debates and rallies where facts are irrelevant, and find a way to get the message out in a news cycle that Trump controls.  I simply can't see how Abraham would be a liability after watching Trump win.  Maybe my view of the average US voter is simply too jaded and i need to be more practical.  But when a guy literally waves his arms and makes funny noises to make fun of a disabled person,  and gets even more popular,  i think we need to reconsider strategy and that includes who would make a good VP.

Again, you're comparing apples to kumquats. You don't even know the lady's name and you think she's somehow got the recognition level that Trump had going into 2016? 

Hahahaha. 

Guest #1Stunner
47 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

But Geraldine is white.  Stacey is black.

1 hour ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I mean that completely contradicts the point you were trying to make but yea, psshhh, whatevs man.

It's the hats. Trumpers like a guy with a catch phrase hat.

Seriously though I've never heard of Trumpers in the Yang gang. Why would they be? He might be left of Bernie. 

2 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Wrong. If that’s the case how did Obama become president? 

The people I'm talking about there didn't vote for Obama. Kinda my point. In that case I was referencing Bob but it was more in general (don't now if bob has ever voted for anyone other than a white man for Pres but doubt it but could be wrong) as I've seen it discuss elsewhere by conservatives how sad or pathetic that black people only care about voting for other black people while they themselves have only voted for white males.

Guest #1Stunner
4 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Seriously though I've never heard of Trumpers in the Yang gang. Why would they be? He might be left of Bernie. 

Understand your audience:

seth-rollins-brock-lesnar-wwe-summerslam

vince_crop_north.jpg?1365354819&w=630&h=

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

Again, you're comparing apples to kumquats. You don't even know the lady's name and you think she's somehow got the recognition level that Trump had going into 2016? 

Hahahaha. 

LOL, i misspelled her name.  I have no idea what people will be attracted to.  I watched the debates and thought Trump looked like a grade school kid taking calculus.  The next day his ratings were higher.  I have never seen a man act dumber on a national stage and continue to get more popular.   The debate in Michigan in the primaries was literally in a town with water that you could not drink.  That debate started with him making a reference to his performance in bed,  i am not joking, and following up by saying he would cut the EPA.  And he won.  The examples are endless.  So you say he had a brand,  I saw something else.  Who knows what the equivalent will be on the left.  Hopefully something that has some semblance of education.  No i don't think, ahem,  Stacey Abrams, not be confused with Abraham,  would be an issue at this point.  Maybe she will act completely crazy and start some racist chants in the south, call people idiots and losers, show a complete lack of knowledge of the office she is running for in debates,  and joke about her sex life.  That would never work right?  Apples to kumquats indeed.  Note, i have only heard her speak a few times, but she sounds like she could fit right in intellectually, at a minimum hold her own in a debate.  Also, i don't think name recognition is nearly important for a VP.  Just don't get in the way or make major mistakes.  See Mike Pence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stacey_Abrams

45 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I subscribe to a several of the candidate’s subreddits, and Yang’s is one of them. And there are numerous posts along the lines of “voted for Trump, now I’m Yang Gang all the way!” It makes no sense to me either. But my brother in law was a hardcore Bernie Bro in 2016, but now he hates Bernie and is voting for Trump and he can’t really articulate why; so I try to keep in mind that there is a segment of the population has no idea why they are supporting the candidates they do. 

7 hours ago, toonkee said:

You guys are such suckers for pretty faces. Sarah Palin, Nikki Haley... Even Tulsi Gabbard is the Republican's favorite Dem around here. She wants Medicare for all, assault weapons ban, all that good stuff but she's easier on the eyes than Warren and Bernie, who are also not interventionist pretty much, but for some reason you guys are like "I like that Tulsi." 

Dude, you are hardcore confused. 

First of all, I’ve been, by far, the biggest basher of Tulsi on the board. She’s not a moderate at all as you mentioned. The people that are in love with her here on the board are not Republicans, they’re Libertarians, aka Libtardians. I am not a Liberal or Libertarian, not even close. And I don’t know of one Republican on the board that really likes Tulsi. She’s not bad looking, but hardly a hottie.

I also never liked Palin much, as well. Too far to the right? You Betcha!

Now, I absolutely love Nikki Haley based on her performance. But I don’t think she’s a hottie either. She will be our president in 2024. 

But don’t lump Libertarians in with Republicans. They might have more in common with the GOP than Dems, but less than half of the typical Libertarian platform is aligned with the GOP. The GOP and Libs absolutely love to give Dems shit, so that might be why you thought they were GOP.

kat.jpg

56 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Dude, you are hardcore confused. 

First of all, I’ve been, by far, the biggest basher of Tulsi on the board. She’s not a moderate at all as you mentioned. The people that are in love with her here on the board are not Republicans, they’re Libertarians, aka Libtardians. I am not a Liberal or Libertarian, not even close. And I don’t know of one Republican on the board that really likes Tulsi. She’s not bad looking, but hardly a hottie.

I also never liked Palin much, as well. Too far to the right? You Betcha!

Now, I absolutely love Nikki Haley based on her performance. But I don’t think she’s a hottie either. She will be our president in 2024. 

But don’t lump Libertarians in with Republicans. They might have more in common with the GOP than Dems, but less than half of the typical Libertarian platform is aligned with the GOP. The GOP and Libs absolutely love to give Dems shit, so that might be why you thought they were GOP.

Sorry.