Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Will Stacey Abrams be the Democratic VP nominee?

Will Stacey Abrams be the Democratic VP nominee?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Will Stacey Abrams be the Democratic VP nominee?

• YES
    • NO, it will be someone else, not currently a national name
    • NO, it will be a current Democratic presidential candidate.

Look for someone from the rust belt states. Just a quick perusal of the senators doesn’t leave a lot of flashy names, but this is chess not checkers. Deliver the battleground with a name people know and have reliably voted for.

Abrams is a nobody who knows nothing. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

18 hours ago, Bob said:

It just makes me sick that libtards are stupid enough to vote/nominate someone solely based on one's ethnicity, gender or race. It's proof that leftys don't see merit, only color. 

Yes, it is pure coincidence that the right nominates old white guys every single time for president.  And the rallies have the racial diversity, or lack thereof, they do.  It's the libtards that have issues seeing someone solely based on race or gender.  Makes perfect sense, especially when exhibit A on the right in today's world is one Donald Trump.  And then you have the last midterm.  Yeap, pure coincidence...  One party looks like a cross section of America, the other one not so much.

Image result for pics of new members of Congress last election

18 hours ago, Bob said:

It just makes me sick that libtards are stupid enough to vote/nominate someone solely based on one's ethnicity, gender or race. It's proof that leftys don't see merit, only color. 

Black people: get excited about the one time(or two I guess) they got to vote for a black person for president.

White people who have only ever voted for a white male for president: Its sad that black people only care about the color of skin while voting.

11 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

She is, have you ever heard her speak? She’s not a very nice woman. 

If I wanted to be mean, I would’ve called her overweight and she has looks that you wouldn’t write home about. 

You guys are such suckers for pretty faces. Sarah Palin, Nikki Haley... Even Tulsi Gabbard is the Republican's favorite Dem around here. She wants Medicare for all, assault weapons ban, all that good stuff but she's easier on the eyes than Warren and Bernie, who are also not interventionist pretty much, but for some reason you guys are like "I like that Tulsi." 

Guest #1Stunner
15 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

You don’t treat your dog like that. It must have been scared shitless. It also may have been very cold or hot, food? Water? Pretty lame.

How would you know?

Sounds like you are completely guessing.

Guest #1Stunner
22 minutes ago, toonkee said:

You guys are such suckers for pretty faces. Sarah Palin, Nikki Haley... Even Tulsi Gabbard is the Republican's favorite Dem around here. She wants Medicare for all, assault weapons ban, all that good stuff but she's easier on the eyes than Warren and Bernie, who are also not interventionist pretty much, but for some reason you guys are like "I like that Tulsi." 

I have reservations about Tulsi, myself, but I think the only reason some people have expressed interest in Tulsi is because she is an isolationist----has nothing to do with her appearance.

(p.s., I'm not a big fan of her isolationism).

I've also seen a lot of people on here being intrigued by Andrew Yang.   It's because of his message.   I don't think people are as shallow as you suggest. 

Guest #1Stunner
31 minutes ago, tspoke said:

Black people: get excited about the one time(or two I guess) they got to vote for a black person for president.

White people who have only ever voted for a white male for president: Its sad that black people only care about the color of skin while voting.

It's not purely a question of Black voters voting for a black candidate....

It's a matter of Black people staying home, and not voting at all, if the candidate is white.  Even if they like the candidate's policy ideas.   Apparently, platform is not as relevant as identity politics, when you are talking about voter turnout.

This cost Hillary Clinton the election, and is the main reason that Donald Trump won (he won the rust belt states on a razor thin margin).

If this trend holds... the Democrats probably cannot win in 2020 if they don't run a Black candidate.   They know this.... expect at the very least a Black VP candidate, who frequently calls on Black voters to show up.

voting-rates-race-hispanic.jpg

25 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

I have reservations about Tulsi, myself, but I think the only reason some people have expressed interest in Tulsi is because she is an isolationist----has nothing to do with her appearance.

I've also seen a lot of people on here being intrigued by Andrew Yang.   It's because of his message.   I don't think people are as shallow as you suggest. 

Bernie is very anti war. She's not much different from Bernie at all but Bernie is the least sexy person on the planet maybe. Yes, Republicans vote shallow just like Dems. Let's take a look at the fox news lineup. The right just needs a little eye candy to get the message across.

Guest #1Stunner
4 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Bernie is very anti war. She's not much different from Bernie at all but Bernie is the least sexy person on the planet maybe. Yes, Republicans vote shallow just like Dems. Let's take a look at the fox news lineup. The right just needs a little eye candy to get the message across.

I'm in complete agreement with you about voters, in general, being shallow.   Fox News exploiting sexuality (and the females going along with it) is obvious and embarrassing----really noticeable.

That said, all I was trying to do was explain the appeal of Tulsi on the board.  That it wasn't just about her looks.   

I think it is also because she comes across as serious, genuine, and not so willing to pander to get votes.   I don't' think she will gain much traction, though.

17 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

I'm in complete agreement with you about voters, in general, being shallow.   Fox News exploiting sexuality (and the females going along with it) is obvious and embarrassing----really noticeable.

That said, all I was trying to do was explain the appeal of Tulsi on the board.  That it wasn't just about her looks.   

I think it is also because she comes across as serious, genuine, and not so willing to pander to get votes.   I don't' think she will gain much traction, though.

So they like her gun control, medicare for all, free college?  I'll give you that she has a calm and serious demeanor, and that can be appealing, but that isn't policy either. 

Guest #1Stunner
8 minutes ago, toonkee said:

So they like her gun control, medicare for all, free college?  I'll give you that she has a calm and serious demeanor, and that can be appealing, but that isn't policy either. 

They like her isolationism.

(not necessarily my cup of tea, but she raises some interesting points).

Plus I think they like her military experience.

14 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

She is, have you ever heard her speak? She’s not a very nice woman. 

If I wanted to be mean, I would’ve called her overweight and she has looks that you wouldn’t write home about. 

What Stacey Abrams isn't: (1) "not a very nice woman"; (2) attractive; (3) white. The latter two shouldn't matter as to her qualifications for VP yet you implicitly admit #2 does matter to you and it wouldn't be surprising to learn that #3 is also a negative factor in your book.

What Stacy Abrams IS: (1) highly intelligent and (2) very well spoken. The VP job is basically ceremonial in representing the president at public functions so those two attributes would enable her to Trump our current VP who is incapable of speaking extemporaneously and without talking points devised by his handlers.

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

I like Yang a lot and think he would be a great addition to our next president's cabinet. 

After all, in virtually every way he's far from one of The Donald's "best people." :thumbsup: (BTW, given the color, the stupid expression on his face and the demonstrative hands, doesn't that emoji look considerably like Trump during the once per quarter that Mr. Grumpy actually smiles?)

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 hours ago, tspoke said:

Wrong. If that’s the case how did Obama become president? 

Only the Dems would consider running some failed statewide candidate as their VP nominee. 

They deserve everything that happens to them. 

2 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Only the Dems would consider running some failed statewide candidate as their VP nominee. 

They deserve everything that happens to them. 

Well when this guy can win it all,  all bets are off on types of candidates on either side of the aisle in the future.  Reality show stars, music stars, basically anyone that is famous for anything has a shot.  I agree with SleepingGiant, she appears highly intelligent when she speaks.  Unfortunately, that probably works against her with some voters.

Image result for pic of trump coming down golden stairs

2 hours ago, toonkee said:

I see a lot of Republicans/former Trump voters that seem to like Yang, but maybe they just want to bang him too I dunno. 

9 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I see a lot of Republicans/former Trump voters that seem to like Yang, but maybe they just want to bang him too I dunno. 

Okay.