Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Sadly, my 100 year-old highschool macot was raped and murdered just recently...

Goodbye, sweet prince...

schoolpage.jpg

To honor the death for all us Braves out there, and hell, in celebration of all those past or present mascot deaths out there, let's post some cool maschot shit! 

I swear, what was that totally ridiculous mascot with the police cars and criminals on that video of a rally from @k5james??

Like "the criminals" or something.  

My Dad's mascot was the Salmon Savages!  He wore full head dress and everything. 

What's sad is how these offended natives don't seem to care that by eliminating these "racist' mascots, they're really just further eliminating the remembrance of their cutler and heritage from the cavity of our consciousness.  

But then again, it's not very racially PC to have strongly-remembered and understood conception of a one's ancestry; God forbid we actually celebrate racial diversity by acknowledging the various differences between us.  Nope, let’s just all pretend were a mixed race of GooBacks...

BTW, remember this, once things are deemed racist, or otherwise inappropriate, all information related to those things is systematically eliminated from the internet bigtime.  Accordingly, our greatest informational tool is systematically censored literally and effectively, which only mean that various ideas, images, videos, events, allegations, facts, etc., become forever purged and removed from human access...

Because info = power, I suppose stealing power from humanity's biggest information tool is a pretty essential move - if you want to stay on top, anyway...

Censorship is theft - literally.

But don't worry, as long as @mugtang achives this thread, anythig you post here related to a mascot you love won't be totally stollen from the internet....

Just to be safe I guess I'll leave these here:

175521213_1140x641.jpg

boise_brave_rock_2.jpeg

 

  • Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here we go:

That's cool...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So apparently, a white transgender man, with no racial affiliation with native americans spearheaded the change via a Facebook page!  Of course, that's just the gossup I've heard from fellow Braves..

That's just totally mind-blowing to me...

Facebook, Google, Youtube, and the other mega-golems are robbing our informational stores.   

In the name of racial sensitivity? Yeah right... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Meister_Rebel said:

What new mascot is your high school going to adopt going forward?

Brave.

Dropping the s, the Indian portrayal, and I presume, they'll be tossing the stone in the garbage too...

I gotta say, I always felt "brave" being a member of the Braves, but I guess when you combine two brave people from the same school, you end up with a potential threat..

I denounce this change and everyone who helped impliment it - all of you are to blame with the ills of modern society..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, godogsgo said:

So as entertaining as this rant is, any chance we can move this to the cutler board?

No, don't move it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jeffkills said:

Brave.

Dropping the s, the Indian portrayal, and I presume, they'll be tossing the stone in the garbage too...

I gotta say, I always felt "brave" being a member of the Braves, but I guess when you combine two brave people from the same school, you end up with a potential threat..

I denounce this change and everyone who helped impliment it - all of you are to blame with the ills of modern society..

On the positive side every time they play the national anthem and the lyrics sing out with the part " and the home of the brave" you can sparkle with pride.  :shrug:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Meister_Rebel said:

On the positive side every time they play the national anthem and the lyrics sing out with the part " and the home of the brave" you can sparkle with pride.  :shrug:

We used to all shout BRAVES! at the end...

I guess that won't happen anymore either...

Awesome stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't disagree with this post enough. This was a student run effort and it was them who wanted to change it. It was a great teaching moment that the administration listened to their voice and empowered them. They were able to leave their mark on their school. The compromise was changing it to "Brave" was brilliant, as they basically keep their identity. Anyway, I don't come here for political discussion, so I'm done with that. 

If we're talking about great mascots. Coach Pete's high school mascot is hard to beat. The Yuba City Honkers. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jeffkills said:

We used to all shout BRAVES! at the end...

I guess that won't happen anymore either...

Awesome stuff.

I have a good feeling that the students will still yell BRAVE.  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jeffkills said:

We used to all shout BRAVES! at the end...

I guess that won't happen anymore either...

Awesome stuff.

Are you kidding? Of course they are still gunna yell "BRAVE!". Why would it be any different. Great name change. That tradition lives on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Meister_Rebel said:

I have a good feeling that the students will still yell BRAVE.  

 

Of course they will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jeffkills said:

Sadly, my 100 year-old highschool macot was raped and murdered just recently...

Goodbye, sweet prince...

schoolpage.jpg

To honor the death for all us Braves out there, and hell, in celebration of all those past or present mascot deaths out there, let's post some cool maschot shit! 

I swear, what was that totally ridiculous mascot with the police cars and criminals on that video of a rally from @k5james??

Like "the criminals" or something.  

My Dad's mascot was the Salmon Savages!  He wore full head dress and everything. 

What's sad is how these offended natives don't seem to care that by eliminating these "racist' mascots, they're really just further eliminating the remembrance of their cutler and heritage from the cavity of our consciousness.  

But then again, it's not very racially PC to have strongly-remembered and understood conception of a one's ancestry; God forbid we actually celebrate racial diversity by acknowledging the various differences between us.  Nope, let’s just all pretend were a mixed race of GooBacks...

BTW, remember this, once things are deemed racist, or otherwise inappropriate, all information related to those things is systematically eliminated from the internet bigtime.  Accordingly, our greatest informational tool is systematically censored literally and effectively, which only mean that various ideas, images, videos, events, allegations, facts, etc., become forever purged and removed from human access...

Because info = power, I suppose stealing power from humanity's biggest information tool is a pretty essential move - if you want to stay on top, anyway...

Censorship is theft - literally.

But don't worry, as long as @mugtang achives this thread, anythig you post here related to a mascot you love won't be totally stollen from the internet....

Just to be safe I guess I'll leave these here:

175521213_1140x641.jpg

boise_brave_rock_2.jpeg

 

The Native American mascot at my alma mater remains. Preston Indians. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been pretty mixed reviews with Alumni.  One member of the Nez Pierce I know who lives on their reservation here in Idaho told me he found it offensive how much back patting North End Boise residents were doing about it. "I have never once had a conversation about that high school until this became a thing, nobody on the res gives a shit".  Others I have seen on social media that belong to the native community are applauding it but it seems they mainly live in Boise.

There are two opinions I would like to hear.  @DestinFlPackfan and @youngrebelfan40.   

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Been pretty mixed reviews with Alumni.  One member of the Nez Pierce I know who lives on their reservation here in Idaho told me he found it offensive how much back patting North End Boise residents were doing about it. "I have never once had a conversation about that high school until this became a thing, nobody on the res gives a shit".  Others I have seen on social media that belong to the native community are applauding it but it seems they mainly live in Boise.

There are two opinions I would like to hear.  @DestinFlPackfan and @youngrebelfan40.   

No one cares what you say because you support the catholic cheaters in Boise 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

No one cares what you say because you support the catholic cheaters in Boise 

That is a top 30 athletic program in the country you are talking about!!!  One I hold a school record with!!

https://1035kissfmboise.com/bishop-kelly-among-top-30-athletic-programs-nationally/

I will cut you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Been pretty mixed reviews with Alumni.  One member of the Nez Pierce I know who lives on their reservation here in Idaho told me he found it offensive how much back patting North End Boise residents were doing about it. "I have never once had a conversation about that high school until this became a thing, nobody on the res gives a shit".  Others I have seen on social media that belong to the native community are applauding it but it seems they mainly live in Boise.

There are two opinions I would like to hear.  @DestinFlPackfan and @youngrebelfan40.   

I think @Jeffkills had to much to drink or over thought his rant and put blame in the wrong direction.

I've never had a problem with schools using Native Americans as mascots. The terms, Chiefs,  Braves, Warriors are out of respect. IMO. And as Jeff mentioned, in a lucid moment, it keeps history alive. 

I agree with your Nez Pierce contact, nobody does or should really care.

I'm going tag @Jeffkills again for a follow-up question on this post.

Jeff, is your alma mater just dropping the 's' from braves and/or are they changing the Native face?

 

 

 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

I think @Jeffkills had to much to drink or over thought his rant and put blame in the wrong direction.

I've never had a problem with schools using Native Americans as mascots. The terms, Chiefs,  Braves, Warriors are out of respect. IMO. And as Jeff mentioned, in a lucid moment, it keeps history alive. 

I agree with your Nez Pierce contact, nobody does or should really care.

I'm going tag @Jeffkills again for a follow-up question on this post.

Jeff, is your alma mater just dropping the 's' from braves and/or are they changing the Native face?

 

 

 

 

Not Jeff but I can answer that.  They plan to remove all native imagery. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×