Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

iPhones are intrusively listening to you

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

No offense to @BSUTOP25 and @mugtang and other iPhone users but you had this coming when you opted to pay more for less performance. The value of Apple is in the Apple ecosystem, it is super slick when you have your home kit, iPhone, iMac, T.V. all working together so seamlessly, there is no other brand or ecosystem even in the same atmosphere.  I just lololololol at people who's only personal apple device is their phone they paid a grand for when there are 20 other phones on the market you could use and see no drop in performance and they also give you sooooo much more flexibility .  

I’ve just been within the Apple/Mac ecosystem for the better part of 20 years now. I’m actually far more of a Mac guy than an iPhone guy. I could give a shit about this phone. It’s a commodity. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

10 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I’ve just been within the Apple/Mac ecosystem for the better part of 20 years now. I’m actually far more of a Mac guy than an iPhone guy. I could give a shit about this phone. It’s a commodity. 

You are doing it right then.  The Apple ecosystem is untouched.  Macs are so much fun.

5 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Downeast is damn good cider. Don’t knock it until you try it.

Downeast is great. I wish they distributed out west. My wife and I went to their cidery two years ago. You can practically hit it with a rock from Logan if you have a good arm. Worth the trip if you haven’t already been there. 

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

I think it should be but I'm an authoritarian that wants the government to save me fwum my choices.

Just don't use a smart phone, Mr. Libertarian.

Where's your market solutions god now?

hank hill laughing GIF

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Even as a Libertarian, I believe in transparency in exchange. I blame Apple for this crap and am seriously thinking this might be my last iPhone. It’s a bad move on their part and I’m exercising my voice to inform others about this as most are unaware that their phone is listening in on voice conversations. 

And while you are a little authoritarian, you’re still a nice guy and I like you.

It always seems the leftists want to paint libertarians as extreme and in some sort of suicide pact.

It doesn't mean you want total anarchy, which is why the two words mean something different.   

Or absolutely no government at all as leftists seem to insist.

Just because democrats and the left have became radicals.  Don't paint everyone else that way.  Most of us are willing to consider all solutions to find the best one

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Even as a Libertarian, I believe in transparency in exchange. I blame Apple for this crap and am seriously thinking this might be my last iPhone. It’s a bad move on their part and I’m exercising my voice to inform others about this as most are unaware that their phone is listening in on voice conversations. 

And while you are a little authoritarian, you’re still a nice guy and I like you.

Little? i hate you wow GIF

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

No offense to @BSUTOP25 and @mugtang and other iPhone users but you had this coming when you opted to pay more for less performance. The value of Apple is in the Apple ecosystem, it is super slick when you have your home kit, iPhone, iMac, T.V. all working together so seamlessly, there is no other brand or ecosystem even in the same atmosphere.  I just lololololol at people who's only personal apple device is their phone they paid a grand for when there are 20 other phones on the market you could use and see no drop in performance and they also give you sooooo much more flexibility .  

iTunes is schwetty balls though.

29 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Thank God for that.

What was your issue with iTunes? It wasn’t the perfect program but I did like the flexibility of setting up custom playlists. I haven’t hopped on the Spotify wagon yet.

7 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

It always seems the leftists want to paint libertarians as extreme and in some sort of suicide pact.

It doesn't mean you want total anarchy, which is why the two words mean something different.   

Just because democrats and the left have became radicals.  Don't paint everyone else that way.  Most of us are willing to consider all solutions to find the best one

This is true. Libertarians believe that an ideal government should take as little role as possible, but don't believe in abolishing the government, like some Anarcho-Capitalism folks believe.

While often sharing left-libertarians' advocacy for social freedom, right-libertarians also value the social institutions that enforce conditions of capitalism while rejecting institutions that function in opposition to these on the grounds that such interventions represent unnecessary coercion of individuals and abrogation of their economic freedom.[36]Anarcho-capitalists[37][38] seek complete elimination of the state in favor of privately funded security services while minarchists defend night-watchman states which maintain only those functions of government necessary to safeguard natural rights, understood in terms of self-ownership or autonomy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarianism

As government creeps closer toward being involved in every aspect of our lives, is it any surprise that people are starting to push back against that?

17 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

What was your issue with iTunes? It wasn’t the perfect program but I did like the flexibility of setting up custom playlists. I haven’t hopped on the Spotify wagon yet.

As time has gone on, it has become more and more buggy, bloated, and sluggish. They're trying to do way too many things with it... music, television, movies, iPhone/iPad management, etc. The account registration limitations was also a pain in the ass, especially for people with multiple devices, or who have gone through multiple computers over time. It's a very flawed application in desperate need of a complete reboot. 

53 minutes ago, retrofade said:

As time has gone on, it has become more and more buggy, bloated, and sluggish. They're trying to do way too many things with it... music, television, movies, iPhone/iPad management, etc. The account registration limitations was also a pain in the ass, especially for people with multiple devices, or who have gone through multiple computers over time. It's a very flawed application in desperate need of a complete reboot. 

Plus Apple is evil.

1 hour ago, CV147 said:

This is true. Libertarians believe that an ideal government should take as little role as possible, but don't believe in abolishing the government, like some Anarcho-Capitalism folks believe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarianism

As government creeps closer toward being involved in every aspect of our lives, is it any surprise that people are starting to push back against that?

Your line in the sand regarding government intrusion is different than the next "libertarian" and not every "leftist" wants Joseph Stalin communism, but we're lazy so we slap these labels on people so in one swoop reduce you to whatever extreme we need to make you look unreasonable. Back to my example with top25, I think some libertarians would say he should be a more well informed consumer and that the market should respond to a demand of phones that don't hijack your privacy, rather than having the government decide what we can or can't handle, especially for something that's not related to safety, like food standards, etc. Let Apple be a dick company and face the consequences. 

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

Your line in the sand regarding government intrusion is different than the next "libertarian" and not every "leftist" wants Joseph Stalin communism, but we're lazy so we slap these labels on people so in one swoop reduce you to whatever extreme we need to make you look unreasonable. Back to my example with top25, I think some libertarians would say he should be a more well informed consumer and that the market should respond to a demand of phones that don't hijack your privacy, rather than having the government decide what we can or can't handle, especially for something that's not related to safety, like food standards, etc. Let Apple be a dick company and face the consequences. 

Commie.

4 hours ago, toonkee said:

Every leftist seems to want to institute the same policies that lead to Joseph Stalin, Mao, Castro etc..... communism.

You all seem to think it will somehow turn out differently this time.

14 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

Leftists??? Everyone that's not a libertarian thinks you guys are nut shit crazy. Libertarians aren't as clueless as the far left, but there's still a lot of 'clueless' there that's very unfortunate. 

kat.jpg

8 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Commie.

Toons might be authoritarian-lite but he ain’t no commie. 

10 minutes ago, toonkee said:

We are all just shades of libertarian gray.  

Ah, “libertarian.” Doesn’t it make you horny just to say it? Liberty, sweet glorious liberty.  

If you are going to ditch Apple for Android, how could it be better with Google in Android?

Congress and the government can't move fast enough to crack down on Silicon Valley.