Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Headbutt

Hats off to the oldest player in college football.

I’m surprised that there aren’t more 40 and 50 year old players playing D2 and D3 football not just as kickers. Older guys with good  can be very strong. But the loss of speed with age is what makes D1 out of reach. 

I can lift more weight than a decent amount of D1 players my size, but I have no speed at all, and it takes me longer to recover from exercise and injuries. In my best shape, for example, I can bench 225 lbs 18 times, no cheating, bar has to touch chest to count. But my 40 time would probably be 6+ seconds. And I would injure easier. 

kat.jpg

14 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Just a cool story IMO.  Not sure if he'll see the field, but I'm proud that he's a RAM.

https://csurams.com/news/2019/8/12/football-for-griffin-influence-works-both-ways-on-rams-roster.aspx

Cute story, but if you guys don’t have anymore impact players left on your board to get, you should be lining up and signing NR to 2 star HS players that look to have a lot of potential and after a bit of development could end up being a major impact player. 

CSU’s recruiting classes have been good on paper since BooBoo came along, but it’s not translating into the field. That’s definitely a coaching problem, not a recruiting problem. Polian had some classes that weren’t great, but were very respectable, but those recruits didn’t get developed much. If Ault had had the same players, he would’ve had a lot more success and had 2 players get drafted from that class. I don’t believe Polian had even one player drafted in all of his classes that he recruited or while he was the HC. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/2RV28iE3aQspvSCq9

kat.jpg

5 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

I’m surprised that there aren’t more 40 and 50 year old players playing D2 and D3 football not just as kickers. Older guys with good  can be very strong. But the loss of speed with age is what makes D1 out of reach. 

I can lift more weight than a decent amount of D1 players my size, but I have no speed at all, and it takes me longer to recover from exercise and injuries. In my best shape, for example, I can bench 225 lbs 18 times, no cheating, bar has to touch chest to count. But my 40 time would probably be 6+ seconds. And I would injure easier. 

It helps that your man boobs are 44DD’s.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

4 hours ago, Warbow said:

It helps that your man boobs are 44DD’s.

And how many chin straps would he require?

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

10 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

I’m surprised that there aren’t more 40 and 50 year old players playing D2 and D3 football not just as kickers.

You have great ideas.   And you are D1 ready as well.  Dont let this board fool you.   The pack needs your super human strength.