Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

Permanent residency denied to those on welfare

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-administration-makes-legal-immigrants-who-draw-from-social-programs-ineligible-for-green-cards-11565618625?mod=hp_lead_pos4

I don't t have a problem with this. Current law states that to be eligible for a green card you must be self sufficient. Its just simply enforcing the law. Every other country in the world requires that you do not burden their system to gain even temporary residency. We are the idiots who don't even enforce our own laws, until now. 

3 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-administration-makes-legal-immigrants-who-draw-from-social-programs-ineligible-for-green-cards-11565618625?mod=hp_lead_pos4

I don't t have a problem with this. Current law states that to be eligible for a green card you must be self sufficient. Its just simply enforcing the law. Every other country in the world requires that you do not burden their system to gain even temporary residency. We are the idiots who don't even enforce our own laws, until now. 

Seems like good policy. Wish it would extend to Americans who choose NOT to work as well. Too many abusing social programs when they are able bodied.

2 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Seems like good policy. Wish it would extend to Americans who choose NOT to work as well. Too many abusing social programs when they are able bodied.

Any civilized society as wealthy as ours needs to have a generous safety net for its own citizens however it should not be a hammock. I know people who have spent years  on welfare  and their full time job is being poor to get every govt benefit they can. It is wasted human capital. 

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

We need to have some sort of safety net for societies most vulnerable.  

As a Half-breed, should the US government take away your citizenship and give it to an elephant at the southern border that wants in? I say absolutely. We have enough liberal donkeys in the country already. So for once, let a GOP elephant into our country.

kat.jpg

6 hours ago, MetropolitanCowboy said:

Can we deny citizenship to everyone on welfare?

Anyone who takes mortgage interest deductions and child tax credits and doesn't pay the highest marginal tax rates should be denied too.  Just because your welfare comes on your tax return doesn't mean you don't get it.   Someone else is paying your freight while you lay in your hammock, you welfare queen! 

Posted Image

9 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

Since they have an obvious conflict of interest they should lose their voting rights.

Literally everyone has what you think is a "conflict of interest". That's the point of voting in the first place

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

10 hours ago, MetropolitanCowboy said:

Can we deny citizenship to everyone on welfare?

Umm no.  Plus then most people would be denied citizenship except single or married people with no kids who don’t itemize their deductions.  So maybe 100,000 people. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, Orange said:

Nothing like legislating with emotion.

(Insert gun control discussion here)

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Umm no.  Plus then most people would be denied citizenship except single or married people with no kids who don’t itemize their deductions.  So maybe 100,000 people. 

So roughly the electorate the Founders envisioned. WINNING

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 minute ago, happycamper said:

So roughly the electorate the Founders envisioned. WINNING

Shit.  Let’s just put everybody in prison now!  Moar Prisons!!  Am I doing this right @thelawlorfaithful?

1 minute ago, Orange said:

Indeed, love of guns is not rational.

lulz you know what I meant by that comment. 

4 hours ago, Akkula said:

Anyone who takes mortgage interest deductions and child tax credits and doesn't pay the highest marginal tax rates should be denied too.  Just because your welfare comes on your tax return doesn't mean you don't get it.   Someone else is paying your freight while you lay in your hammock, you welfare queen! 

You want open borders and welfare for anyone who wants it?

Just now, Jackrabbit said:

You want open borders and welfare for anyone who wants it?

Akkula hasn’t advocated for open borders. 

Just now, mugtang said:

Akkula hasn’t advocated for open borders. 

His non-sequiturs have been getting worse, haven't they?