Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Facebook Games Announced:

Guest #1Stunner

https://fbschedules.com/seven-mountain-west-games-to-stream-on-facebook-in-2019/

2019 Mountain West Games on Facebook
* All times Eastern.

Saturday, Aug. 31
Weber State at San Diego State – 9pm

Saturday, Sept. 7
Stony Brook at Utah State – 7:30pm
Arkansas State at UNLV – 10pm

Saturday, Sept. 21
Sacramento State at Fresno State – 10pm

Saturday, Oct. 19
San Diego State at San José State – 7pm

Saturday, Nov. 30
Wyoming at Air Force – 2pm
Utah State at New Mexico – 4pm

I like the Facebook games.  To be clear, I hate Facebook.  However, I think the production quality of the games on that venue is decent and is much more of a football game than a never ending beer commercial.  Definitely small time, but generally a much more enjoyable way to watch a football game.

15 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

I like the Facebook games.  To be clear, I hate Facebook.  However, I think the production quality of the games on that venue is decent and is much more of a football game than a never ending beer commercial.  Definitely small time, but generally a much more enjoyable way to watch a football game.

I watched a few last year, I was surprised how decent the stream was.

26 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

I agree that the games are quicker and it worked well, but being on just seems so small time.  

It is the ESPN catch 22.  I hate everything ESPN stands for pretty much, but being on there legitimizes the games more for the conference.  

I wish the conference could control all aspects of the game and ESPN just showed it on their channels. 

Yeah I  hate Facebook games.  I hate needing an account to watch it and I  hate the format.

I know Stadium produces the games but it would be better just to use the Stadium app rather than Facebook.  

I unfortunately won't be watching the Facebook games .

Will be streaming through the mwcboard again. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I appreciate it that Facebook streams MW games. It's the only reason why I opened an account. 

As others have said, I also enjoy the Facebook games. Good stream, no commercials. the breaks where the commercials should be are dumb but enjoyable. The first time I watched a game through the facebook feed we had it streaming on my TV and the comments were showing up. It was hilarious to see people making jokes and making fun of the broadcast team in real time. At this point it is small time to be on FB but its only a couple games and who knows in the future.  I wouldn't be against going more towards it if the pay was there but I doubt  will be.

Also I'm pretty sure you don't need a facebook account to watch the games. I don't think I logged in through my television when I streamed it last year, so those that don't wasign up should still be able to watch. Just need to get the link to the actual stream.

I prefer the Facebook games over the crap ROOT Sports puts out. The camera work felt like I was watching a found footage film. Hopefully for the Fresno game they put David Carr back in the booth, he was a great commentator. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

14 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

I don’t have FB, and won’t get be getting it.

No need for Facebook to watch games.

Since Mug only said it once, I will repeat it for him as a second plug:

16 hours ago, mugtang said:

Will be streaming through the mwcboard again.