Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

Anti Semitic Classes in Cali?

Looked into this.  Here are the grievances the Jewish community are airing.  Jewish educators looked over the curriculum and noted the below;

• Jews are not listed as an ethnic group
  • Anti-Semitism is not in the glossary or taught about.  Despite hate crimes against Jews growing in California last year more than any group.
  • Boycott, divestment and sanctions is taught as a preferred strategy
  • The country is taught as Israel-Palestine,
  • That the plight of the Palestinian people historically did not get much attention because Jews control a disproportionate part of the media.

Sorry, seems pretty antisemitic to me.

29 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Looked into this.  Here are the grievances the Jewish community are airing.  Jewish educators looked over the curriculum and noted the below;

• Anti-Semitism is not in the glossary or taught about.  Despite hate crimes against Jews growing in California last year more than any group.
  • That the plight of the Palestinian people historically did not get much attention because Jews control a disproportionate part of the media.

I’m lazy.  You have a link?

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

As a Jew, I don't see the anti-Semitism here.

For one, I for the life of me cannot understand how BDS is anti-Semitic. Others engaged in similar tactics with Apartheid South Africa. Neither do I see calling it "Israel-Palestine" as Anti-Semitic either...the Beirut newspapers just refer to it as "Occupied Palestine", and that never bothered me either. There are Palestinian Territories there, so calling it "Israel-Palestine" is not really inaccurate.

Jews aren't really an ethnic group either. It's a religion. That's why Sammy Davis Jr. was a Jew. I mean, there are ethnic Jews, but those are mostly, like myself, Sephardic in nature. Most Jews aren't Sephardic. 

The last point is kind of ridiculous on their part since media is owned by huge multinational conglomerates not some Jew Shyster somewhere but you can't discount the strength of AIPAC in dictating American policy in the Levant. 

Anti-Semitism should be taught about, I agree, and it should be contrasted with anti-Zionism, which it is often conflated with. Some of the biggest anti-Semites are the most pro-Zionist after all. 

30 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

4 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I’m lazy.  You have a link?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2019/08/14/critics-slam-draft-california-ethnic-studies-curriculum-far-left-anti-jewish-propaganda/?noredirect=on

"Despite the significant contributions of Jews to California’s history, politics, culture, and government — and our community’s longstanding struggle against hatred and discrimination — the ESMC effectively erases the American Jewish experience. Indeed, notwithstanding widespread agreement that Judaism is a form of identity that is broader than religion, and the inclusion of religion in sample courses for African American, Native American, Latin American, and Arab American Studies, Jews are essentially excluded from the ESMC. . . .

While the ESMC specifies the importance of studying hate crimes, white supremacy, bias, prejudice, and discrimination, and specifically discusses bias against other communities, it omits any meaningful discussion of antisemitism. . ."

https://www.jta.org/2019/08/05/united-states/californias-proposed-ethnic-studies-curriculum-has-anti-jewish-bias-jewish-legislators-say

"The curriculum does not offer an Israeli Jewish perspective on the Middle East conflict, the caucus notes, and the phrase “use the press so they can manufacture” is “a classic antisemitic trope abut Jewish control and the media.”

9 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

As a Jew, I don't understand how BDS is anti-Semitic. Others engaged in similar tactics with Apartheid South Africa. 

Yeah that seems more anti Israel but was among the chief complaints from the Jewish community in California.  What about Jews using their control of the press to manufacture stories for their causes?  The complete omission of antisemitism when talking about the different types of discrimination?  Omitting Jews from the minority groups that helped shape California and not recognizing them as as an ethnicity?

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yeah that seems more anti Israel but was among the chief complaints from the Jewish community in California.  What about Jews using their control of the press to manufacture stories for their causes?  The complete omission of antisemitism when talking about the different types of discrimination?  Omitting Jews from the minority groups that helped shape California and not recognizing them as as an ethnicity?

I already addressed it above. 

I don't really care that other Jews bitch about BDS. That doesn't make it anti-Semitic. 

31 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

For one, I for the life of me cannot understand how BDS is anti-Semitic. Others engaged in similar tactics with Apartheid South Africa. Neither do I see calling it "Israel-Palestine" as Anti-Semitic either...the Beirut newspapers just refer to it as "Occupied Palestine", and that never bothered me either. There are Palestinian Territories there, so calling it "Israel-Palestine" is not really inaccurate.

Jews aren't really an ethnic group either. It's a religion. That's why Sammy Davis Jr. was a Jew. I mean, there are ethnic Jews, but those are mostly, like myself, Sephardic in nature. Most Jews aren't Sephardic. 

The last point is kind of ridiculous on their part since media is owned by huge multinational conglomerates not some Jew Shyster somewhere but you can't discount the strength of AIPAC in dictating American policy in the Levant. 

Anti-Semitism should be taught about, I agree, and it should be contrasted with anti-Zionism, which it is often conflated with. Some of the biggest anti-Semites are the most pro-Zionist after all. 

Well your perspective certainly supersedes my own as you are a Jew and also more educated on the geopolitical issues than am I (and most) in that part of the world.

The clear anti-jew tint IMO comes from not having anti-semitism discussed.  Bigotry faced by Muslims, LGBTQ, Hispanics and Blacks are taught yet anti-semitsim was ignored despite the heave focus on Israel and Palestine.  

Do you have a link on the number of Jews in America that do not have DNA traced back to ancient Palestine?  And while the "who is a Jew" question is an old one, there is no doubt they are minority group that faces a lot of hate.  

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

Other than some infinitesimal proportion of my DNA, I'm not at all Jewish but because of the areas we've lived in over my lifetime about 1/3 of my friends and relatives by marriage have been. From that I'll say the following.

Although we lived in Fresno for a while, I knew no Jews there but as a child in the Bay Area and L.A. there were always some. Through HS, to my knowledge there wasn't a single Jewish family with whom I associated who weren't Democrats. Now I know a number of Republican Jews and they seem highly influenced by the belief that Israel might cease to exist if the Democratic Party gets too strong in the US. Those Jews are surprisingly in league with evangelical Christians who seem to me to support Israel only because Jesus and Billy Graham told them they needed to. According to those evangelicals of course, when the Rapture comes, God will take them all up into heaven and leave unconverted Jews on Earth, which will be run by Satan. (Can't help but LMAO at the idiocy of both those evangelicals and the Jews who support them, particularly the ultra-orthodox.)

Back to what will be taught in California public schools, policies are dominated not by any religious group but mainly by bleeding heart atheists who look at the poor and disenfranchised as absolute victims who if they appear lazy as phuck are that way only because the rest of us somehow forced them to be so, which makes hella sense too.

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Well your perspective certainly supersedes my own as you are a Jew and also more educated on the geopolitical issues than am I (and most) in that part of the world.

The clear anti-jew tint IMO comes from not having anti-semitism discussed.  Bigotry faced by Muslims, LGBTQ, Hispanics and Blacks are taught yet anti-semitsim was ignored despite the heave focus on Israel and Palestine.  

Do you have a link on the number of Jews in America that do not have DNA traced back to ancient Palestine?  And while the "who is a Jew" question is an old one, there is no doubt they are minority group that faces a lot of hate.  

I agree that they should discuss anti-Semitism and they should especially contrast it with the idea of anti-Zionism so as to get away from the erroneous conflation of the two terms. 

re: the last point. I don't have a link off hand, no. I'll try to dig one up. As a people we are subjected to a lot of undue, vicious shit from a lot of people, the vast majority of it irrationally. 

I took a history class at SDSU called "Historical Facts of the New Testament" and it was taught by a self proclaimed Jewish guy of all people. He had a good sense of humor about it, though. For those of you that are religion challenged, the Jews don't believe in the New Testament, just the Old Testament. 

kat.jpg

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 4:16 PM, Orange said:

I believe he's worked in refrigerator or appliance repair, and he's old.  My guess is lead or other chemicals have taken a toll.

Again, he spent SIX MONTHS locked out of the Pac-12 board because his caps lock key was on.  And he didn't know it.  

The biggest fraud ever to hit any board. He lives alone with his mistreated dog. He is no lawyer unless you call a moronic process server in an old Pinto a lawyer. Wait a minute he is the Pinto lawyer. He hates and threatens all with his keyboard coward mentality. He has been outed everywhere for the fraud he is. He is an evil stain on any board.

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 5:09 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

This the kind of talk the fuhrer started with in Germany. Congratulations. You have taken the first step to becoming a Nazi. By the way the state I live in is a disgrace politically and morally.

7 minutes ago, Bruin 70 said:

The biggest fraud ever to hit any board. He lives alone with his mistreated dog. He is no lawyer unless you call a moronic process server in an old Pinto a lawyer. Wait a minute he is the Pinto lawyer. He hates and threatens all with his keyboard coward mentality. He has been outed everywhere for the fraud he is. He is an evil stain on any board.

"evil"? Dude he states different political opinions than you on a sports message board. Get perspective

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 minutes ago, Bruin 70 said:

Whatever dude.  This is MWCboard, not Pac12board.  I am sure Orange was able to dominate conversations over in the little league.  This is just a little different.  Here is just another poster with a steep learning curve trying to hang, not able to win many debates.

You on the other hand seem pretty worthless.

Just now, happycamper said:

"evil"? Dude he states different political opinions than you on a sports message board. Get perspective

Just wait till he wishes you and your family devastating illness as he has done before. It will not take him long.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Whatever dude.  This is MWCboard, not Pac12board.  I am sure Orange was able to dominate conversations over in the little league.  This is just a little different.  Here is just another poster with a steep learning curve trying to hang, not able to win many debates.

You on the other hand seem pretty worthless.

Well thanks Half azz!

Just now, Bruin 70 said:

Just wait till he wishes you and your family devastating illness as he has done before. It will not take him long.

Oh no! That might be almost as bad as calling someone a Nazi!

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.