Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rudolro

Martell beaten out again

Classic case of a guy being immersed in the hype & being courted by the big time programs...........Two years burnt, not including his RS year at Ohio St & Miami...........had he signed with a MWC program he's probably coming off two solid years & perhaps looking at being an NFL draft pick in the spring of 2020 .............instead he's desperately pondering his next move in a feverish attempt to salvage what's left of his college career 

1 hour ago, ridgeview2 said:

He drives a new BMW and lives in this place. They call this living paycheck to paycheck?? I think they are just living beyond their means or they are straight up lying and if that's the case then I have absolutely zero pity.

Screenshot_20190813-154002_YouTube.thumb.jpg.d903125cd7baa99d3ba2975614b50d24.jpg

The actual quote from the Mother was “we’re living month to month” which to me that means they’re living paycheck to paycheck or you could certainly say beyond their means. 

Is Bishop Gorman private, tuition needed?

Just now, tailingpermit said:

The actual quote from the Mother was “we’re living month to month” which to me that means they’re living paycheck to paycheck or you could certainly say beyond their means. 

Is Bishop Gorman private, tuition needed?

YES

18 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

YES

In which case they chose that lifestyle deliberately so they could bank on their son making NFL money with no backup plan. Yep, zero pity. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

On 8/12/2019 at 2:55 PM, rudolro said:

So how long before he enters the portal to say he's going home to play for the Rebs?

13 hours ago, NMpackalum said:

It could save Sanchez' job for next year. 

No thanks.  Aside from being way overhyped for his talent level, Martell doesn't understand "commitment".  He and his family are the football equivalent of the Katin Reinhardt family (former UNLV basketball player).

UNLV fans had kept tabs on Tate Martell, since he did make an unofficial visit to UNLV in 2015 after he decommitted from Washington and before he committed to Texas A&M.

Martell benefited from being on a great high school team.  He was one of 10 seniors on his team who signed with FBS schools (7 went to P5 schools, 2 to UNLV, and one to "Nevada").  Two of those 10 have since transferred to UNLV (a RB from Cal and a DB from ASU), but Martell is not so welcome.

When Martell left Ohio St last January multiple "sources close to the UNLV coaching staff" made it clear that UNLV had no interest in him.  If Martell came to a MWC level school and had a standout season, he would bounce for a higher profile program the first chance he got.

In 2012 he was considered "the next Johnny Manziel", and that was a huge thing in 2012.  But in 2019 being "the next Johnny Manziel" is not such a big deal.

July 26, 2012: Commitment
Tate Martell commits to Washington

January 05, 2015: Decommit
Tate Martell decommits from Washington Huskies

August 20, 2015: Commitment
Tate Martell commits to Texas A&M Aggies

April 18, 2018: Tweet:
"I'm planning on taking all five of my visits. This is because I feel I have worked too [sic] hard to not take full advantage of the opportunities that I have been given. If I do feel that I will need more than five visits to see all the schools I want, then I will take unofficial visits on my own as well. Currently, I'm in the process of trying to figure out which schools I would like to go visit. I still have some more offers that I would like to receive before choosing which schools to visit, because these visits will ultimately determine where I will be going to college."
(Martell then listed schools he either wanted to visit or wanted to receive an offer from)

May 04, 2016: Decommit
Tate Martell decommits from Texas A&M Aggies

June 12, 2016: Commitment
Tate Martell commits to Ohio State Buckeyes

Jarren Williams was the better QB, it's not like Tate got shafted. Williams had been on my radar with the Canes since last year...I was hoping they'd start him over Rosier. 

Tate's just your classic kid who has some athletic gifts and who gets a Billy Corgan-sized head because everyone around him touts him as the second coming. When the bullets start flying for reals, he can't compensate and just isn't good enough. 

Miami made the right decision, and hopefully Tate stays as a backup...they can make some special packages for him to utilize his running ability...or he can become a WR. I personally think he'd be better off playing at a smaller-time school, but I don't think that his (or his parents') ego(s) will allow it. 

1 hour ago, TheDoggFather said:

BMW or not, the Martell Compound is hardly anything impressive. It's an upscale tract home.

There are millions of Americans living that same overspent lifestyle with similar taste.  That is nothing out of the ordinary unfortunately

3 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

There are millions of Americans living that same overspent lifestyle with similar taste.  That is nothing out of the ordinary unfortunately

Very true in that there's millions others like these people....though I'd say their collective taste is decidedly a flavor of "tasteless". Cookie cutter boxes snorted up through dollar bills and then shit out the veneered asshole of some developer. 

9 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Very true in that there's millions others like these people....though I'd say their collective taste is decidedly a flavor of "tasteless". Cookie cutter boxes snorted up through dollar bills and then shit out the veneered asshole of some developer. 

Exactly, but damn, if there isn't a lot of people that like that look.  That exact look is very popular in Nevada, California, and Arizona.  

1 minute ago, Wyobraska said:

Exactly, but damn, if there isn't a lot of people that like that look.  That exact look is very popular in Nevada, California, and Arizona.  

Everywhere there too. Like in every city and town. They all look alike. You can't tell if you're in Rocklin or Visalia or Henderson or Mesa or Turlock. It's all the same, everywhere. It's so bizarre and unsightly. 

On 8/13/2019 at 3:44 PM, ridgeview2 said:

He drives a new BMW and lives in this place. They call this living paycheck to paycheck?? I think they are just living beyond their means or they are straight up lying and if that's the case then I have absolutely zero pity.

Screenshot_20190813-154002_YouTube.thumb.jpg.d903125cd7baa99d3ba2975614b50d24.jpg

9 hours ago, TheDoggFather said:

BMW or not, the Martell Compound is hardly anything impressive. It's an upscale tract home.

8 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

I plugged that location into Zillow...

It is an "upscale tract home", but currently valued at $762K with an estimated mortgage payment of $2490/month plus $81/month HOA fees plus utilities.  So with utilities approaching $3500/month.

According to the CC Assessor web site, that property was last sold in June 2017, so after Martell left for tOSU.  They were probably renting since that owner had it since the early 2000's.

tate.PNG

On 8/13/2019 at 3:44 PM, ridgeview2 said:

That house probably costs the price of a JVC VHS player. It’s Vegas...

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

15 hours ago, BleedRebelRed said:

I plugged that location into Zillow...

It is an "upscale tract home", but currently valued at $762K with an estimated mortgage payment of $2490/month plus $81/month HOA fees plus utilities.  So with utilities approaching $3500/month.

According to the CC Assessor web site, that property was last sold in June 2017, so after Martell left for tOSU.  They were probably renting since that owner had it since the early 2000's.

tate.PNG

And there are substantially more impressive homes in the Vegas metro area. The idea his parents were so well off they wouldn't be motivated to get him an NFL paycheck is just absurd. 

From reading this thread and know very little about Martell other than he's originally from Southern California & ended up at Gorman as a "recruit".......this seems more and more like NFL QB Grooming not unlike Todd Marinovich a decade or two back.........where dad was grooming the kid to be an NFL QB from the crib.

I can imagine the desperation level in the Martell home is reaching fever pitch to try and get this project on track, so it's anyone's guess what the next move is, but after enrolling at two schools in three years, having burnt the Red-Shirt year the options are becoming narrower............my guess might be try at a 2nd tier P5 program, like an Oregon St, Arizona, Missouri, Kansas St, Illinois type of program, with perhaps some sniffing around some G5 programs...........if he can't grab the golden ring at those programs, he's down to FCS and hoping for one moster year to grab some scouts attention.................Like Matt Gutierrez (I think was the name) who was at Michigan and ended up at Idaho State for one season.

As for UNLV & Sanchez..........from reading above if, Sanchez has little interest in taking on Martell, I can fully understand........maybe the only way Sanchez takes him on would be as a last, one season desperation move to save his job, but the alignment on Sanchez & Matell's timeline might not match up for that to happen ............martell has already gone to two major FB programs, so i'm not sure Martell is ready to swallow the pride and step down in level just yet, that's why I could see him headed to a 2nd tier P5 where if he does get the job, he can show his stuff vs the better teams he thought he should be playing for.

Does anyone know what the rule is, can this kid transfer as many times as he wants (as long as eligibility allows)?

Other than players that are academically ineligible, what’s the driving force to play at a JC?

I remember Cam Newton getting kicked out of UF for stealing another students laptop and then going JC, I believe he had some interest from other P5 programs at that point.