Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rudolro

Martell beaten out again

49 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Does anyone know what the rule is, can this kid transfer as many times as he wants (as long as eligibility allows)?

Other than players that are academically ineligible, what’s the driving force to play at a JC?

I remember Cam Newton getting kicked out of UF for stealing another students laptop and then going JC, I believe he had some interest from other P5 programs at that point.  

I think they can transfer as much as they want as long as they are eligible.  For each move though, you typically have to sit out a year unless you get a waiver.  

I think the reason for JC is that you get to play the year you transfer instead of sitting out, so you can prove your worth, then move back to P5 and play right away.  You do have to get a 2 year degree though I believe to move back to FBS if you go JC.  

8 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

I think they can transfer as much as they want as long as they are eligible.  For each move though, you typically have to sit out a year unless you get a waiver.  

I think the reason for JC is that you get to play the year you transfer instead of sitting out, so you can prove your worth, then move back to P5 and play right away.  You do have to get a 2 year degree though I believe to move back to FBS if you go JC.  

Yeah.  I think he would be better off working his ass off as a student and graduate in 3 years (like Finley did at Boise State).  Then he can go literally anywhere that will take him as a grad transfer and still have two years of eligibility left. 

JUCO's don't offer scholarships, so he would have to take out loans or somehow pay for his room and board and tuition for a semester in hopes that he would be given a scholarship somewhere else.

His other option for immediate eligibility would be to drop down to FCS, play next year.  Then, if he graduates there - he could transfer back to FBS with immediate eligibility.  But it's doubtful he could find a spot with a scholarship this late in the season even at an FCS school.

1 minute ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Yeah.  I think he would be better off working his ass off as a student and graduate in 3 years (like Finley did at Boise State).  Then he can go literally anywhere that will take him as a grad transfer and still have two years of eligibility left. 

JUCO's don't offer scholarships, so he would have to take out loans or somehow pay for his room and board and tuition for a semester in hopes that he would be given a scholarship somewhere else.

His other option for immediate eligibility would be to drop down to FCS, play next year.  Then, if he graduates there - he could transfer back to FBS with immediate eligibility.  But it's doubtful he could find a spot with a scholarship this late in the season even at an FCS school.

I think he needs to sit his ass in Miami and win the job.  Coaches in college and the NFL would appreciate what he has done and like you said, graduate and work hard, then go to whatever school you want.  Or maybe he works his ass off and wins the job at Miami.  Constantly moving doesn't seem to work out for these kids while doing their undergrad work.  

47 minutes ago, rudolro said:

That makes no sense. He had already been in the program 2 years. It wasn't like he was a new recruit

Regardless I think it’s the right thing, kids shouldn’t be forced to stay with a program if the HC leaves.

I believe the same thing happened to Nick Patti when TCP left, he left for UCF and didn’t have to sit out a year.  

17 hours ago, rudolro said:

Well maybe he's not going anywhere. I know I wouldn't be. He is way out in front of his skies. Yowza

https://thebiglead.com/2019/08/16/tate-martell-girlfriend-kiki-passo-instagram/

There’s the saying, show me a gorgeous woman and I’ll show you a man that is sick of fcking her. 

That goes for second string college QB’s as well.  

3 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

There’s the saying, show me a gorgeous woman and I’ll show you a man that is sick of fcking her. 

That goes for second string college QB’s as well.  

Yep everybody is an ex. It's don't see him furthering her career anytime soon, so it's a matter of time before she jumps ship