Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warbow

MWC schools are a bunch of idiots!!!

2 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

I'm actually going to a Week 0 game. Florida Gators vs. Miami in Orlando in just under 2 weeks. I'm +++++ing thrilled. That game should be an annual series IMO. It's criminal it isn't. 

I see what you did there...

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

31 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

We must be special. No week zero 13th game, yet 2 bye weeks...

Yes very special, but in a short yellow bus kinda way.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

3 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

I'm actually going to a Week 0 game. Florida Gators vs. Miami in Orlando in just under 2 weeks. I'm +++++ing thrilled. That game should be an annual series IMO. It's criminal it isn't. 

Yep.   Which is why I think Hawaii could handle Indy.  That game is a must do, and needs a thirteen game schedule to make it happen.  Many more like that in CFB.  The Hawaii rule offers a huge opportunity.  Teams are fools if they don't chase it.

Nevada, New Mexico, New Mexico State, UNLV, and UCLA will all play in week zero in 2020.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

11 hours ago, Warbow said:

Well that’s the thing, playing the 13th game on week zero gives you another bye week.

No, it doesnt.  This year, because of the calendar, teams get 14 weeks to play 12 games.  2 byes.  You play on week 0 to either get a 13th game or a 3rd bye.  Its an either/or.  Arizona is getting 3 byes because they are playing on week 0 but not a 13th game.  Army is different because of the unique scheduling of the Navy game.

It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level

14 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Warbow is right.  Outside of the extra bye week and potential of the revenue of an extra home game, I think if all MWC schools agreed to take advantage of 0 week it would give us more leverage for the T.V.  contract.

Those are games with 0 competition when the country is starved for football.  I would have to think that would be worth something.

Have to be a road game or a 7th home game.  With few students on campus local crowds would suffer and less $$ from a home gate.