Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kingpotato

Is the talent gap between Boise and the MW getting larger?

It's a fun thread and all, but I have never cared all that much about recruiting rankings. It's fun as hell to read about 4* wanting to come to Boise, but our 2006 squad would defeat any other team we have ever fielded, and I would be surprised if there were anything more than a few 3* guys on that team. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

19 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

It's a fun thread and all, but I have never cared all that much about recruiting rankings. It's fun as hell to read about 4* wanting to come to Boise, but our 2006 squad would defeat any other team we have ever fielded, and I would be surprised if there were anything more than a few 3* guys on that team. 

IMHO the 2009, 2010 and 2011 teams would beat our 2006 team, fairly comfortably.  Just my opinion though.

24 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

IMHO the 2009, 2010 and 2011 teams would beat our 2006 team, fairly comfortably.  Just my opinion though.

I agree with you. I'm not sure the games would be particularly close either

2 hours ago, steveem said:

According to Rocky last years class is by far the best he ever had, having seen them in practice et all. There is no gap big enough to keep any of the better teams in the MW from beating others on a good day. Barqo was nobody Kazee the same Munson less than nobody,many RB rated higher than Penny. Every tams fan can say the same about lightly regarded guys who played great. The transfer portal is chock full of four stars who can not miss but did. since we are something like 3-3 against BSU there can not be that much of a gap.

I will be curious to see how the new stadium effects things

You didn't read the initial post. Harsin lost the vast majority of his first two classes. The gap is widening, but I mentioned that you wouldn't see the results for two or three years. Turns out, I was wrong about that. Boise became the first team to ever run the gauntlet that is the SEC Mountain unscathed and some of the trFR from this class were integral parts of that. 

33 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Oh yeah. That 2010 ranked in the top 2 nationally in both offense and defense. That, statistically, was the best offense AND defense Boise has had at the FBS level. Shet, half of that defense is still playing in the NFL. 

52 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

There's definitely some grade inflation going on at the G5 level too as more players get rated.  Only about 2000 players on the recruiting site in 2005.  Now there's about 3500.  

Nate Potter in 2006 was the top-rated player in Idaho at a .8111 (3*) and #71 OT in the country.

This year the players about 70-72 at the position are in the .8600 range (high 3*).

Why bother playing the game just count up the ratings and go by that.:rolleyes:

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche