Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kingpotato

Is the talent gap between Boise and the MW getting larger?

20 hours ago, HooknLiberty said:

0/10 Your troll attempts are so sophomoric.  You're like a grade school kid trying to play in the pros.  You're hardly even worth the response anymore. 

For some reason he likes to show everyone over and over again that he's the dumbest idiot on the interwebs.

Like this last thing he said. The original post clearly shows that the MW had it's highest average per recruit... by a lot... and he comes out and says  the opposite. He constantly says things that are blatantly wrong and can be fact checked... but it doesn't stop him from saying them.  

Apparently Sparty has closed the gap with Boise.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

If the talent gap is truly growing larger, there should be an invite to join the XII any time now.

Yep Nod GIF by C H A R L Ö T T E

Americans Mayor

3 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Apparently Sparty has closed the gap with Boise.

Like I said in the original post, you won't really see the results for another 2 or 3 years. But having said that, Boise did just get beat them starting a trFR QB and a trFR RB (who won MWPOTW). But you do point out a key difference in the gap... Boise is the only MW team that gets ridiculed for winning by double digits on the road. That 3 point win against UNLV was pretty impressive, though.

Roflmao

Americans Mayor

I think SDSU has offered something like 1,000 kids including the 9 who were on campus last weekend and gotten 3 announced commitments.

Either our staff has a bunch of silent commits they don't want to divulge for fear of being poached or our December class is going to be a steaming pile of dog crap.

Boom goes the dynamite.

On 11/6/2019 at 10:22 AM, SleepingGiantFan said:

I think SDSU has offered something like 1,000 kids including the 9 who were on campus last weekend and gotten 3 announced commitments.

Either our staff has a bunch of silent commits they don't want to divulge for fear of being poached or our December class is going to be a steaming pile of dog crap.

It's always that way with the Aztecs. Most articles I read rarely mention them or their recruits. And somehow, SDSU, has been in the upper tier of the conference for a decade.

If football games were won by recruiting rankings, CS-ewe would win the conference every year.

That is why I pay very little attention to recruiting websites.

Americans Mayor

35 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

It's always that way with the Aztecs. Most articles I read rarely mention them or their recruits. And somehow, SDSU, has been in the upper tier of the conference for a decade.

If football games were won by recruiting rankings, CS-ewe would win the conference every year.

That is why I pay very little attention to recruiting websites.

SDSU has historically had the second and third ranked recruiting classes prior to last years.  You are wrong.  CSU has also never had a higher ranked class then Boise.  Boise has never had a larger gap in the rankings between them and the second place team then they did last year.  The year prior was the second largest gap ever in recruiting rankings between Boise and hte second place team.  Hence the question in the thread title.

4 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

SDSU has historically had the second and third ranked recruiting classes prior to last years.  You are wrong.  CSU has also never had a higher ranked class then Boise.  Boise has never had a larger gap in the rankings between them and the second place team then they did last year.  The year prior was the second largest gap ever in recruiting rankings between Boise and hte second place team.  Hence the question in the thread title.

Yeah, the difference between Boise and 2nd place CSU was larger than the difference between 2nd place and the last place MW team (not including AFA, which recruits a different kind of athlete).

13 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Like I said, I pay very little attention to that stuff and more attention to the product on the field.

You can recruit all the 4-5 star kids you want. But, you have to recruit the right kids to fit your system, then coach them up and teach them to win. 

If you want to know how a team does at recruiting ? Look at their won - loss record.

Americans Mayor

14 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Like I said, I pay very little attention to that stuff and more attention to the product on the field.

You can recruit all the 4-5 star kids you want. But, you have to recruit the right kids to fit your system, then coach them up and teach them to win. 

If you want to know how a team does at recruiting ? Look at their won - loss record.

No, that's dumb.  You are dumb.  Just lots of dumb when you post.  

You can be an excellent recruiter and fail to put together a good team.  Boise put together the winningest class of all time, 50-3.  Does that mean they were the best recruiters of all time, in college football history?  If you want to know how a team does at recruiting you look at recruiting and the teams they compete with for recruits.  If you want to tell how a team does at development you look at development.  If you want to tell how a team does at scheme you look at scheme.  

You are a dumb person.  Dumb dumb dumb.  Not smart at all.

18 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Harsin at BSU (.792)

Long at SDSU (.681)

Tedford at FSU (.684)

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Americans Mayor

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

No, that's dumb.  You are dumb.  Just lots of dumb when you post.  

You can be an excellent recruiter and fail to put together a good team.  Boise put together the winningest class of all time, 50-3.  Does that mean they were the best recruiters of all time, in college football history?  If you want to know how a team does at recruiting you look at recruiting and the teams they compete with for recruits.  If you want to tell how a team does at development you look at development.  If you want to tell how a team does at scheme you look at scheme.  

You are a dumb person.  Dumb dumb dumb.  Not smart at all.

Says the man who is half jack off  ass.

I don't care if you get all five star kids. It's about coaching and development which results in a winning product on the field.

UCLA has been loaded with four and five star recruits, SDSU, twos and threes. Which program has been more successful over the last decade ?

Great recruiting classes do not equate to winning. It helps, but the correlation does not exist.

Americans Mayor

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

You can be an excellent recruiter and fail to put together a good team. 

True. Which supports my point.

Boise put together the winningest class of all time, 50-3.  Does that mean they were the best recruiters of all time, in college football history?

No, but in relation to the teams they competed against. Yes.

If you want to know how a team does at recruiting you look at recruiting and the teams they compete with for recruits. 

How do you measure that ? Wins and losses.

If you want to tell how a team does at development you look at development.  If you want to tell how a team does at scheme you look at scheme.  

Again, wins and losses. In terms of development you can also look at All Conference performers and playing on the NFL.

In terms of scheme you have to sign and develop the right players to fit your scheme. It doesn't do any good to recruit the best h.s. passer if you are an option oriented team.

Americans Mayor

3 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Says the man who is half jack off  ass.

I don't care if you get all five star kids. It's about coaching and development which results in a winning product on the field.

UCLA has been loaded with four and five star recruits, SDSU, twos and threes. Which program has been more successful over the last decade ?

Great recruiting classes do not equate to winning. It helps, but the correlation does not exist.

Actually, it does.

JFC you are illiterate.

5 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

The lost to USC (who outrecruits them).

They beat WSU, ASU, OSU, Cal, Arizona, and Colorado (teams they've out recruited just about every year the last 4 seasons).

They beat 2 teams who have out-recruit them (UW by 5, and UCLA by a bunch).  

They are 17-10 in Pac-12 play the last three years, so I'd hold off on calling them a powerhouse.  At least wait until this weekend's result.

---

Boise meanwhile is 22-2 in the last three seasons in regular season conference play and will be trending upwards if they win on Saturday.

7 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

The lost to USC (who outrecruits them).

They beat WSU, ASU, OSU, Cal, Arizona, and Colorado (teams they've out recruited just about every year the last 4 seasons).

They beat 2 teams who have out-recruit them (UW by 5, and UCLA by a bunch).  

They are 17-10 in Pac-12 play the last three years, so I'd hold off on calling them a powerhouse.  At least wait until this weekend's result.

---

Boise meanwhile is 22-2 in the last three seasons in regular season conference play and will be trending upwards if they win on Saturday.

Pwned

images.jpeg-3.jpg