Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MetropolitanCowboy

Bowl Projections

App State just lost at home. One less G5 unbeaten.  

Root for Memphis to beat SMU Saturday to strengthen the MW claim to the Cotton Bowl.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

San Jose State got a bowl game nod (New Mexico Bowl) from Schlabach today.  

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27999026/college-football-bowl-projections

Note: The Spartans haven't won back to back games in three years under Brennan.

Spoiler

Accidental post. Ignore.

Americans Mayor

If I were part of a Bowl committee considering San Diego State, I would make sure everyone in the room knew that Aztec fans will not travel farther than Vegas.

So, projected Bowl bids to places like Houston or Birmingham would ensure a boat load of empty seats.

Americans Mayor

Cotton - The Aztecs

Bye, bye, Vegas - Bronc-hos

Nuevo Mexico - Wyoming

Spud - Utags

Hawaii - B-Y-WHO vs Hawaii

Armed Forces - AFA

Arizona - Fre-snow

Seven Bowl games for the conference !

Americans Mayor

Well, I now live in L.A. county and have also lived in Alameda county since I graduated. Let the detractors on this board diss California all they want but I was born in this state and have always lived here and despite its high cost of living I can't imagine ever leaving.

As to bowl games, if the Aztecs ever played in one worth the trouble I'd travel farther than LV or the Bay Area but until then, forget it.

Boom goes the dynamite.

USU may not be eligible.  Can easily see them beating only NM in their last 4 games = 5 wins.

Boy was I wrong about this team. They peaked the second series of the first game and have gone down hill ever since.  Very lucky to have beaten SDSU, their best win.

I think we have a legit shot at winning 1 more game to go to 7 wins. UNLV and Fresno will be close games, no doubt. Hell, win both and the bowl game and finish 9-4. Now that isn't a bad year. Beat a P5, beat UNLV, and finish 1st or 2nd in the MWC West. It's amazing that you can actually finish with 15 games. Trip to Hawaii, so 13 games, MWC championship game 14, bowl game 15. For those in the playoff's they could finish with 16 games. 

kat.jpg

On 11/3/2019 at 8:29 PM, Spaztecs said:

Cotton - The Aztecs

Bye, bye, Vegas - Bronc-hos

Nuevo Mexico - Wyoming

Spud - Utags

Hawaii - B-Y-WHO vs Hawaii

Armed Forces - AFA

Arizona - Fre-snow

Seven Bowl games for the conference !

You still thinking the Spaztechs to the Cotton now???  I'd be happy with the Las Vegas bowl....  

down in a hole.jpg

On 11/12/2019 at 11:40 AM, Broncomare said:

You still thinking the Spaztechs to the Cotton now???  I'd be happy with the Las Vegas bowl....  

I would be happy to win one of the next three. 

Christ, this is 2018 all over again.

Americans Mayor

If Boise won't be going to LV even assuming they win the MW title, my guess would be they're being looked at for the Cheez-It Bowl since it would pair them against a P5 opponent and the Broncos haven't played in the bowl before.

As for the Aztecs, playing in Hawaii again would have been nice but with YBU already headed there, no way that's going to happen so I think we're destined for the Whozit Bowl in Albuquerque. If anybody from our athletic department is reading along, don't both calling to try to get me to go - unless, of course, you're trying to raise money to allow Rocky to hire Mike Martz as the new OC.

Boom goes the dynamite.

On 11/12/2019 at 11:40 AM, Broncomare said:

The Aztecs deserve to be in the Spud Bowl. Anything else is to good for them

Americans Mayor

On 11/27/2019 at 3:29 PM, SleepingGiantFan said:

If Boise won't be going to LV even assuming they win the MW title, my guess would be they're being looked at for the Cheez-It Bowl since it would pair them against a P5 opponent and the Broncos haven't played in the bowl before.

As for the Aztecs, playing in Hawaii again would have been nice but with YBU already headed there, no way that's going to happen so I think we're destined for the Whozit Bowl in Albuquerque. If anybody from our athletic department is reading along, don't both calling to try to get me to go - unless, of course, you're trying to raise money to allow Rocky to hire Mike Martz as the new OC.

The Whoozit Bowl is more than they deserve. The Spud Bowl seems perfect against a 6-6 MAC squad. They might have a shot at winning that game.

Americans Mayor

On 11/27/2019 at 3:29 PM, SleepingGiantFan said:

If anybody from our athletic department is reading along, don't both calling to try to get me to go - unless, of course, you're trying to raise money to allow Rocky to hire Mike Martz as the new OC.

I would be down with that as long as he can bring in an O-line coach who can recruit and coach them up.

O-line has been the weakness for three straight seasons.

Americans Mayor