Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VandalPride97

And the new Idaho AD is....

... the senior associate AD from the University of Wisconsin.  Word is that she's sort of a badass.  Hopefully she's badass enough to talk our coach out of starting his son.  Anyway, many of you may wonder why I'm posting this on the MWC Board.  Those people can go fuk themselves.  I just wanted to apprise the rest of you of the various changes in the State of Idaho so that I can refer back to this email in 5 years.  Let's recap:

1. The Governor is a Vandal.
  2. The SBOE is going to be reloaded with Vandals.
  3. Our new President is pretty outstanding so far.
  4. BSU's new president is pretty flaccid so far.
  5. If our AD is as aggressive as I'm given to believe, the dumpster fire is almost over.
  6. UCF > BSU
  7. Profit. 

49 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

... the senior associate AD from the University of Wisconsin.  Word is that she's sort of a badass.  Hopefully she's badass enough to talk our coach out of starting his son.  Anyway, many of you may wonder why I'm posting this on the MWC Board.  Those people can go fuk themselves.  I just wanted to apprise the rest of you of the various changes in the State of Idaho so that I can refer back to this email in 5 years.  Let's recap:

5. If our AD is as aggressive as I'm given to believe, the dumpster fire is almost over.
  6. UCF > BSU
  7. Profit. 

You forgot the mic drop emoji. 

57 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:
  6. UCF > BSU
  7. Profit. 

1. I wouldn't necessarily be proud of that.

2. Can we come together and kick out the BYU ones (alcohol sales at games)

3. He doesn't have a twitter.

4. She is awesome so far and a great follow on twitter.

5. Still a smoldering pile of ashes in a dumpster though.

6. No.

7. Probably not.  Enrollment still declining?

17 minutes ago, Meister_Rebel said:

Does the new "she" AD have a name?

Terry Gawlick

From her Wisconsin bio:

Terry Gawlik, a nationally-respected leader in college athletics, serves as a key member of the Athletics Department executive staff in her role as Senior Associate Athletic Director and Senior Woman Administrator (SWA). She was promoted to Senior Associate Athletic Director for sports administration and Senior Woman Administrator in 2005 after serving the University of Wisconsin for seven years as assistant AD for sports administration.

Gawlik brings an extensive and broad background in athletics administration and coaching. She currently oversees all aspects of the Badger softball, volleyball, women’s basketball and men’s and women’s rowing programs, and at one time supervised as many as 13 sports programs. Gawlik directs coaches’ meetings and leads sport administrator meetings as part of the Athletics Department’s commitment to ensure the current and future success of its sports programs and to provide a championship experience for student-athletes.

She also is charged with oversight and monitoring of the department’s Gender Equity Plan. Additionally, the University has appointed Gawlik as a Deputy Title IX Coordinator. In this role, she manages the department’s compliance with Title IX and serves as a member of the Campus Equity and Diversity Coordinators group.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Boise is located in the COU, Idaho is in Moscow.  It's game over.  

You mean the town with a Vandal Mayor, a Vandal Governor and more Idaho grads than BSU grads?  Its not game over - its game on, bitch.  Like a phoenix rising from the ashes, the mighty Vandal empire...damn, sorry Halfman, I get a little dramatic when I'm excited.  I of course look forward to both schools cooperating and bettering themselves as Idaho tightens its insidious grip...shit, there I go again.  

You guys still have the Chaos Throne?

Just now, VandalPride97 said:

You mean the town with a Vandal Mayor, a Vandal Governor and more Idaho grads than BSU grads?  Its not game over - its game on, bitch.  Like a phoenix rising from the ashes, the mighty Vandal empire...damn, sorry Halfman, I get a little dramatic when I'm excited.  I of course look forward to both schools cooperating and bettering themselves as Idaho tightens its insidious grip...shit, there I go again.  

Yes.  It is even more bedazzled this year.

image.jpeg

33 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

2023:

Terry Gawlik has announced the University of Idaho will be leaving the Big Sky and joining the Frontier Conference. 

Pretty strong smack for a noob.  Respect.  Not much, but still, respect.

16 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

Are there 200k Idaho alum in Boise similiar to the density of CSU grads in Denver? 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

3 hours ago, VandalPride97 said:

... the senior associate AD from the University of Wisconsin.  Word is that she's sort of a badass.  Hopefully she's badass enough

Sounds about right for you vandals.  Chicks toughest dude on campus.  Come on guys, get it together. 

4 hours ago, VandalPride97 said:

6. UCF > BSU
  7. Profit. 

Was she involved in Greek life? I don't trust people who buy their friends.

58 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

Are there 200k Idaho alum in Boise similiar to the density of CSU grads in Denver? 

We can't deliver the Denver market, sorry.  We have Spokompton and Coeur d’Alene locked down though, you want a piece? 

49 minutes ago, slappy said:

Sounds about right for you vandals.  Chicks toughest dude on campus.  Come on guys, get it together. 

She drinks molten iron for breakfast and pisses 2d nails at 12:30 on the dot.     

4 hours ago, VandalPride97 said:

6. UCF > BSU
  7. Profit. 

I miss Big Sky athletics. Super fun regional little conference. Hopefully Idaho can get some footing and dig their way out of the basement of the revenue sports. I'd love to see them competitive again. Maybe even take the Idaho State and Boise State lead and make it a 3rd football team from Idaho to win a National Championship. Probably a few years away, but I think it can happen. 

1 minute ago, kingpotato said:

I miss Big Sky athletics. Super fun regional little conference. Hopefully Idaho can get some footing and dig their way out of the basement of the revenue sports. I'd love to see them competitive again. Maybe even take the Idaho State and Boise State lead and make it a 3rd football team from Idaho to win a National Championship. Probably a few years away, but I think it can happen. 

I would love to see Idaho make a deep playoff run.  That would be a lot of fun.