Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

calspartan

SJSU tennis got $1.5 mil for 4000 seat stadium size court, and "renovate locker rooms, player's lounge, and coaches' offices"

Generalissmo Francisco Franco is still dead.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Guest #1Stunner
2 minutes ago, calspartan said:

With the lighted outdoor courts and planned indoor courts (6 more?), wonder if they are open to the public.  At least to the students or alumni?

How do the lights compare to Fresno State's new LEDs?

3 minutes ago, calspartan said:

With the lighted outdoor courts and planned indoor courts (6 more?), wonder if they are open to the public.  At least to the students or alumni?

Let us know in 18 months...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Nearby Saratoga country tennis (limited golf) club charges $5,300 for membership. SJSU could make some $$$ if open to the public (including especially its new golf course) since SJSU would have more courts (more than double plus indoor option during raining season).  And a much more convenient location with its booming downtown.  Google already spent billions acquiring downtown land, so their employees will not have to go far if SJSU opens their facilities to the public.

Guest #1Stunner
51 minutes ago, calspartan said:

SJSU tennis got $1.5 mil for 4000 seat stadium size court, and "renovate locker rooms, player's lounge, and coaches' offices " from hosting Silicon Valley Classic women tennis association tournament.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/01/29/bank-of-west-tennis-tournament-has-new-name-new-site-in-bay-area/

When will they build a new football stadium and basketball arena, though?

32 minutes ago, dudleyDgroot said:

Well, they are getting a redesigned basketball court......

Are they gonna' get rid of the quail embedded in the court?

The date on that article is close to two years old. My understanding was that it was never completed because of a lack of funds. Just like the golf complex and the softball stadium. Same will probably happen with the football stadium. Half asSJSU

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

How do the lights compare to Fresno State's new LEDs?

They bragging about lights and turf (with fruity checkerboard, ‘90’s EZ) when their stadium is leaking and hasn’t been renovated for 30 years! Lololololo

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.fresnobee.com/sports/college/mountain-west/fresno-state/bulldogs-football/article208236829.html

17 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Are they gonna' get rid of the quail embedded in the court?

Nah, I heard they were going to tear out half of the seating three years ahead of a renovation....

19 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

They bragging about lights and turf (with fruity checkerboard, ‘90’s EZ) when their stadium is leaking and hasn’t been renovated for 30 years! Lololololo

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.fresnobee.com/sports/college/mountain-west/fresno-state/bulldogs-football/article208236829.html

LMAO!!

We fvcked you up good didn’t we?

34 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Nah, I heard they were going to tear out half of the seating three years ahead of a renovation....

Will the football team soon be playing in the "tennis stadium"?

Guest #1Stunner
41 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

Yikes.  That Stadium looks unsafe.

That said, I'm excited to see what the new LEDs look like.  I've heard a lot about them.

52 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

You know what, I've read too many of these articles on this board. I think football in CA is dying, and dying fast. If Fresno State can't put together a plan for a place to safely attend a football game, then the writing's on the wall.

SJSU has already demolished half of their stadium with no real, financed plan to fix it.  Fresno is without a doubt one of the only two viable G5 programs left in the state and they are buying caulk by the pallet instead of moving forward with a real facility upgrade.  Where is SDSU in all of this?  Are they really going to have a new stadium?  How are they going to pay for it?

I'm not trying to throw shade on our brethren on the coast, but this really is a concern.  My whole life I've recognized one important concept.  If you see something you hate in CA, then brace yourself.  You will get to deal with it in CO at some point.  How long till the G5 as a whole is a dead animal?  The P5, in their usual arrogant stupidity is pushing hard for that outcome.

I know it sounds like a pretty big stretch, but if Clemson and U of Miami want to be playing football in 15 - 20 years, they absolutely need SDSU to be able to field a paying crowd.  Would be good for Fresno to be able to do the same.  Something really has to change in the media funding, otherwise that disease will work it's way east and kill all of us.  Killing off the undesirables in college football will kill off the sport and Alabama will play 12 games per year against Ohio State and no one will give a shit.  Frankly, no one but ESPN currently does anyway.

I'm going to quit ranting and go to bed now.