Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Hong Kong protests. UPDATE 8/13 . Chinese military is advancing on Hong Kong.

Just now, #1Stunner said:

I doubt it.  The main Chinese population doesn't have access to any real information.

China has being selling its people that this is a terrorist incident by extremists. 

Sounds like it’s time for some American hackers to break their firewalls and give the people access to information.  Information will cause a revolution. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

5 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Question is will China rise up if there’s a massacre in Hong Kong?

Depends.  Would a massacre be the start of their financial collapse?  If it is the catalyst that pops the biggest market bubble in world history (China's real estate bubble) that could set off some crazy shit.

Guest #1Stunner
6 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Sounds like it’s time for some American hackers to break their firewalls and give the people access to information.  Information will cause a revolution. 

The amount of cameras monitoring Chinese citizens, plus their phones monitoring everything they do.... that won't be easy.

4 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

The amount of Cameras monitoring Chinese citizens, plus their phones monitoring everything they do.... that won't be easy.

You make a valid point. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

9 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

I doubt it.  The main Chinese population doesn't have access to any real information.

China has being selling its people that this is a terrorist incident by extremists. 

It will be spun as restoring order and prosperity to the people of Hong Kong being held hostage by violent extremists. 

11 minutes ago, Uncle Juan said:

I'll take Twitter is censoring content for the Chicoms for $1000 Alex.

Definitely 

32 minutes ago, mugtang said:

China's people are relatively well taken care of, that's one of the problems.  To a lot of them who have grown up in the system--they have freedoms, just not regards to politics. 

8 minutes ago, WAC_FAN said:

China's people are relatively well taken care of, that's one of the problems.  To a lot of them who have grown up in the system--they have freedoms, just not regards to politics. 

They lack for freedoms well outside of the realm of politics.

Just now, WAC_FAN said:

Please list the freedoms the average Chinese citizen has. I can tell you what freedoms they don't have, but I want to see your list. 

Too bad the protestors weren't armed. this is going to be like shooting fish in a barrel as a result. 

People should take note here as to what happens to protestors in a country ruled by authoritarians where they don't have access to firearms. Lovely. 

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

Too bad the protestors weren't armed. this is going to be like shooting fish in a barrel as a result. 

People should take note here as to what happens to protestors in a country ruled by authoritarians where they don't have access to firearms. Lovely. 

It’s time to export freedom to China!  It’s going to happen eventually, might as well do it now. 

Just now, mugtang said:

It’s time to export freedom to China!  It’s going to happen eventually, might as well do it now. 

If the CIA had any stones they'd be shipping small arms into Hong Kong right now. 

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

If the CIA had any stones they'd be shipping small arms into Hong Kong right now. 

They need some assault rifles. 

2 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

They need something stronger than umbrellas is what they need. 

Yeah they do.  The difference between people in Hong Kong and the rest of China is Hong Kong used to have many of the freedoms we cherish today.  Then the British gave Hong Kong back to China. 

Just now, mugtang said:

Yeah they do.  The difference between people in Hong Kong and the rest of China is Hong Kong used to have many of the freedoms we cherish today.  Then the British gave Hong Kong back to China. 

I'm well aware of the history. I remember watching the handover ceremony as a kid. This just shows that the people who start revolutions aren't poor peasants, they're more or less rich/middle class people who lost something and got pissed and decided to do something about it. 

7 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I'm well aware of the history. I remember watching the handover ceremony as a kid. This just shows that the people who start revolutions aren't poor peasants, they're more or less rich/middle class people who lost something and got pissed and decided to do something about it. 

Sorry I was commenting for those who don’t know the history.