Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

You Just Can't Make Up Something Like This & Ever Think it Could Be Real

Mexcio, the land of barbaric slaughter with out of control drug cartels, where 1,000's of Americans have been kidnapped & butchered, where 3,000 people are murdered in the streets each year in Juarez across the border from El Paso, Mexico wants to take legal action against the US for allowing 3 Mexican Nationals from being "barbarically killed" by the mall gunman in El Paso. Perhaps these 3 people should've just stayed at home in Mexico where it's so much safer. I can't wait to see the Trump tweets on this!!!

I just doubled checked, not an Onion article. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mexico-vows-take-legal-action-against-u-s-wake-deadly-n1039096

kat.jpg

34 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Mexcio, the land of barbaric slaughter with out of control drug cartels, where 1,000's of Americans have been kidnapped & butchered, where 3,000 people are murdered in the streets each year in Juarez across the border from El Paso, Mexico wants to take legal action against the US for allowing 3 Mexican Nationals from being "barbarically killed" by the mall gunman in El Paso. Perhaps these 3 people should've just stayed at home in Mexico where it's so much safer. I can't wait to see the Trump tweets on this!!!

I just doubled checked, not an Onion article. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mexico-vows-take-legal-action-against-u-s-wake-deadly-n1039096

Umm, maybe they on to something. The major of Chicago should take notes.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

1 minute ago, NevadaFan said:

I read an that article this morning. It is odd. 

Here’s an interesting article on deaths in Mexico but it predates the events of this weekend. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/opinion/heading-to-mexico-for-spring-break-heres-a-statisticians-take-on-the-risk-vs-the-reward.amp

Populism.  Obrador feeds off populism and nationalism as much as Trump or Boris Johnson. 

Yeah, who could believe that deaths abroad would be scarier than many times that many deaths at home? *glances at one of 50 articles about the DR*

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

I've always wondered what the endgame for US-Mexico foreign policy for Trumptards is. 

Is it just build the wall, forcibly deport as many of them as possible, destroy NATO, and just not communicate with them at all ever again? 

Or do they want to eventually set up an economically exploitative neo-colonial state there? 

So many questinos. 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

22 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

I've always wondered what the endgame for US-Mexico foreign policy for Trumptards is. 

Is it just build the wall, forcibly deport as many of them as possible, destroy NATO, and just not communicate with them at all ever again? 

Or do they want to eventually set up an economically exploitative neo-colonial state there? 

So many questinos. 

I really have a tough time understanding the need for a wall outside of xenophobia. Immigrants come through legal ports and overstay visas all the time. It seems disingenuous to call building a wall immigration enforcement without basically increasing ICE resources by a factor of 10x to deal with all the illegal immigrants that do not come from Mexico illegally. But only the bad ones comes from Mexico I guess? I've seen plenty enough from Asian gangs to know that isn't true. Bad actors come from everywhere so the sole focus on Mexico seems very racially motivated.

1 hour ago, SharkTanked said:

I really have a tough time understanding the need for a wall outside of xenophobia. Immigrants come through legal ports and overstay visas all the time. It seems disingenuous to call building a wall immigration enforcement without basically increasing ICE resources by a factor of 10x to deal with all the illegal immigrants that do not come from Mexico illegally. But only the bad ones comes from Mexico I guess? I've seen plenty enough from Asian gangs to know that isn't true. Bad actors come from everywhere so the sole focus on Mexico seems very racially motivated.

The really +++++ed up thing is that overstaying your visa is a civil offense, and crossing the border illegally is a criminal offense.

One guess as to how they decided to make that peculiar distinction.....

1 minute ago, Orange said:

The really +++++ed up thing is that overstaying your visa is a civil offense, and crossing the border illegally is a criminal offense.

I never realized that. Very bizarre. I blame Canada. :ph34r:

11 minutes ago, Orange said:

Well only a small percentage of immigrants are European, so your guess is as good as mine. Maybe they want more Nigerian and Indian immigrants? 

4 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Well only a small percentage of immigrants are European, so your guess is as good as mine. Maybe they want more Nigerian and Indian immigrants? 

I guess if you look at it as they are trying to encourage people who cross illegally to cross legally, it makes a little sense... kinda… but with that reasoning seems to come tacit acknowledgement that people will keep overstaying visas, and they are less concerned about that for whatever reason.

Just now, SharkTanked said:

I guess if you look at it as they are trying to encourage people who cross illegal to cross legally, it makes a little sense... kinda… but with that reasoning seems to come tacit acknowledgement that people will keep overstaying visas.

Eh, I don’t know. I don’t think either should be a criminal offense for the record. I just think it’s funny that people assume it’s just a bunch of white people overstaying visas. 

3 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

I guess if you look at it as they are trying to encourage people who cross illegally to cross legally, it makes a little sense... kinda… but with that reasoning seems to come tacit acknowledgement that people will keep overstaying visas, and they are less concerned about that for whatever reason.

They need to finish writing the code on the next release. 😂

5 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

backdoor vetting? "I mean, we can't get real reform passed, but if you can qualify for a travel visa you should be able to qualify for a temp stay/ temp work one as well"?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.