Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

It's an invasion! .... shoot them!

1 minute ago, toonkee said:

You asked for the media to stop talking about WP and racisim all the time, yet Trump's rallies and tweets seem to be impetus of much of that coverage.

Then why have GOP politicians been labeled racists for the last decade? Bush, McCain and Romney were all labeled the same thing. 

This has been a tool of the left for a long time. When you can’t discredit an argument you discredit the person making it. 

1 minute ago, Rebelbacker said:

Then why have GOP politicians been labeled racists for the last decade? Bush, McCain and Romney were all labeled the same thing. 

This has been a tool of the left for a long time. When you can’t discredit an argument you discredit the person making it. 

Or you whatabout.

2 minutes ago, toonkee said:

It's totally a coincidence that so many white nationalism and white power folks finds the Trump presidency to be an ally.

You are vastly overestimating the amount of people that buy into white nationalism and white power groups. 

1 minute ago, pokebball said:

How about you? What do you want?

I want all of us to be about love. I want all of us to view each other as humans.

We get the media, government and politicians we deserve.

1 minute ago, Rebelbacker said:

You are vastly overestimating the amount of people that buy into white nationalism and white power groups. 

No, I understand that the full on skinhead types are quite rare.

9 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I want all of us to be about love. I want all of us to view each other as humans.

We get the media, government and politicians we deserve.

All you care about is teams.

You have said nothing productive and neither do any of your other team mates.   You act like the 5 white nationalists in this country gained Trump his election win.

You are worthless in these conversations.

12 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

They just got Reagan, too.

If you want to play the blame game, then you could argue that left-wing politicians and media are just as to blame (if not more) as Trump for these type of incidents. These white-supremacist attacks were basically unheard of 20 years ago. What's changed the last 20 years? Could it be that so many MSM or popular media outlets agenda to villainize white Christian males as an evil symbol for everything that is wrong with America? Huh, maybe that's whats enticing the actions of these mentally ill white supremacist f*cktards. You know, the SAME type of media besmirchment that's instigated so much violence from other extremists with different race/political/religious affiliation. (See: 2016 Dallas Police shootings, Fort Hood shootings, 2017 Congressional baseball shooting, etc)

But forget all that, it's way easier to just say "Orange Man Bad" and be done with it. No need to look for accountability anywhere else. If President Trump loses in 2020, and we have a Progressive Democrat in control, I'm sure all these problems will just disappear. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

53 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

All you care about is teams.

You have said nothing productive and neither do any of your other team mates.   You act like the 5 white nationalists in this country gained Trump his election win.

You are worthless in these conversations.

Demonizing Trump is more important to them than anything else. The left and the media are feeding these white nationalist / supremacist organizations. Both sides need to stop.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

2 hours ago, PokeTransplant said:

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6067886723001/#sp=show-clips

“The idea of these video games, they dehumanize individuals to have a game of shooting individuals and others,”

Those damn vidya games seem to be problem.  Must be channeling his inner Tipper Gore....

If video games caused violence, Japan would be the most violent country on Earth.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, mugtang said:

If video games caused violence, Japan would be the most violent country on Earth.  

I do see your point and agree, however they don't have the same real life gun culture, or culture in general, that we do.  It's hard to isolate that one variable.

I'm not a blame the video game guy but I was wondering if the way we play video games now contributes to some of the dysfunction. When you and I were kids we played the violent games but it was detached from one another. Now we literally speak to people when we are killing them on screen and the conversation is very dehumanizing, racist, misogynist...you name it.  Now sure a well adjusted person should be able to deflect that kind of stuff but it's not that simple. Most of us are generally able to shrug off the insults here but we all know there's one or two of us on this board that maybe don't shrug it off so well.  Even Lawlor took a break because he said he wasn't in a mental state to deal with the "wolves" or something like that. 

1 hour ago, Rebelbacker said:

So do you want us to get emotional about these deaths or do you want us to realize that daily indiscriminate shooting deaths are also just the cost of doing business?

Or do you want to prove a point that we're all hypocrites and you and NDT are smart guys?

1 hour ago, Rebelbacker said:

Terrorism is a spectacle 

2 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

If you want to play the blame game, then you could argue that left-wing politicians and media are just as to blame (if not more) as Trump for these type of incidents. These white-supremacist attacks were basically unheard of 20 years ago. What's changed the last 20 years? Could it be that so many MSM or popular media outlets agenda to villainize white Christian males as an evil symbol for everything that is wrong with America? Huh, maybe that's what's enticing the actions of these mentally ill white supremacist f*cktards. You know, the SAME type of media besmirchment that's instigated so much violence from other extremists with different race/political/religious affiliation. (See: 2016 Dallas Police shootings, Fort Hood shootings, 2017 Congressional baseball shooting, etc)

But forget all that, it's way easier to just say "Orange Man Bad" and be done with it. No need to look for accountability anywhere else. If President Trump loses in 2020, and we have a Progressive Democrat in control, I'm sure all these problems will just disappear. 

I wonder if the number 1 cable news network selling existential threat to white christians 24 hours a day for the last 20 years also has anything to do with it.

3 minutes ago, toonkee said:

So do you want us to get emotional about these deaths or do you want us to realize that daily indiscriminate shooting deaths are also just the cost of doing business?

Or do you want to prove a point that we're all hypocrites and you and NDT are smart guys?

Innocent people getting killed happens all the time. It's a sad fact of life. I think NDT's point is that people overlook all types of people being killed daily and only get upset about mass shootings when other forms of killing happen much more often and take far more lives and it doesn't get nearly the attention or emotion. So yes, I do think people are hypocrites. More people are killed by handguns every day in this country and most don't bat an eye. 40 people have been wounded in Chicago this weekend and 3 killed but that doesn't fit a narrative so it's not talked about. 

I'm not saying NDT or I am smarter than anyone else. I do think however that we have a different perspective on this.