Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

It's an invasion! .... shoot them!

This is the kind of sick rhetoric that leads to terrorist attacks like we saw in El Paso yesterday. White supremacy is a disease, and it's one that Trump is letting become emboldened through his racial rhetoric that so many people have allowed to be normalized. 

The list of his use of this inflammatory racial rhetoric goes on and on... Hell here's one from June 6th where he says, "And now I've told Mexico, if you don't stop this onslaught, this invasion, people get angry when I use the word invasion...", where he evoked it when he was being interviewed during the D-Day events in France. He evoked it in the UK on June 4th, in the aforementioned Panama City Beach event on May 8th, to the Republican Jewish Coalition in Las Vegas on April 6, at a MAGA rally in Grand Rapids on March 28th, in his veto of the resolution that blocked the funding of his previous monument to his ego on March 15th, at a White House meeting on March 6th.... and the list goes on and on and on. That is the kind of racial rhetoric that dehumanizes the people he's talking about, and normalizes white nationalism across the country, and honestly around the world. 

I don't place the blame for the terrorist attacks in El Paso, in Poway, in Christchurch, in Victoria, or in Pittsburgh solely at Trump's feet. These people were likely already sick and twisted and hateful before Trump ever rode the escalator down at Trump Tower four years ago. But like I've said, his behavior normalizes their beliefs, when they should be anything but normal. I think Trevor Noah actually said it best after the Christchurch shooting...

But do you know who evoked the "invasion" rhetoric? The sick piece of shit white nationalist terrorist that shot up the Walmart in El Paso yesterday. 

8eV1JWP.png

HKVStim.png

jowuaXi.png

I'm not calling for the thought police to round up all white nationalists. I don't think we need to repeal the Second Amendment. I don't think that we should go around taking everyone's guns away... but I'd like to think that people are realizing that to take no action is to continue to allow these terrorist attacks to continue to happen. If the +++++er in El Paso yesterday was Arab and shouting "allahu akbar" as he indiscriminately murdered people, there would be a large contingent of people out there calling for another Muslim travel ban and for mosques and predominantly Muslim communities such as in Michigan or Minnesota to be monitored 24/7. Where is the outrage over someone traveling 10-12 hours to murder Hispanics in El Paso because they're "invading" the country? All I've heard is effectively "thoughts and prayers" and "don't come after my guns". 

I don't know what the answers are... but we damn well better figure something out and soon. We also can't be afraid to call the rhetoric that emanates from the White House as anything other than what it truly is... the enablement of white nationalism in our country. 

2 hours ago, retrofade said:

This is the kind of sick rhetoric that leads to terrorist attacks like we saw in El Paso yesterday. White supremacy is a disease, and it's one that Trump is letting become emboldened through his racial rhetoric that so many people have allowed to be normalized. 

The list of his use of this inflammatory racial rhetoric goes on and on... Hell here's one from June 6th where he says, "And now I've told Mexico, if you don't stop this onslaught, this invasion, people get angry when I use the word invasion...", where he evoked it when he was being interviewed during the D-Day events in France. He evoked it in the UK on June 4th, in the aforementioned Panama City Beach event on May 8th, to the Republican Jewish Coalition in Las Vegas on April 6, at a MAGA rally in Grand Rapids on March 28th, in his veto of the resolution that blocked the funding of his previous monument to his ego on March 15th, at a White House meeting on March 6th.... and the list goes on and on and on. That is the kind of racial rhetoric that dehumanizes the people he's talking about, and normalizes white nationalism across the country, and honestly around the world. 

I don't place the blame for the terrorist attacks in El Paso, in Poway, in Christchurch, in Victoria, or in Pittsburgh solely at Trump's feet. These people were likely already sick and twisted and hateful before Trump ever rode the escalator down at Trump Tower four years ago. But like I've said, his behavior normalizes their beliefs, when they should be anything but normal. I think Trevor Noah actually said it best after the Christchurch shooting...

But do you know who evoked the "invasion" rhetoric? The sick piece of shit white nationalist terrorist that shot up the Walmart in El Paso yesterday. 

8eV1JWP.png

HKVStim.png

jowuaXi.png

I'm not calling for the thought police to round up all white nationalists. I don't think we need to repeal the Second Amendment. I don't think that we should go around taking everyone's guns away... but I'd like to think that people are realizing that to take no action is to continue to allow these terrorist attacks to continue to happen. If the +++++er in El Paso yesterday was Arab and shouting "allahu akbar" as he indiscriminately murdered people, there would be a large contingent of people out there calling for another Muslim travel ban and for mosques and predominantly Muslim communities such as in Michigan or Minnesota to be monitored 24/7. Where is the outrage over someone traveling 10-12 hours to murder Hispanics in El Paso because they're "invading" the country? All I've heard is effectively "thoughts and prayers" and "don't come after my guns". 

I don't know what the answers are... but we damn well better figure something out and soon. We also can't be afraid to call the rhetoric that emanates from the White House as anything other than what it truly is... the enablement of white nationalism in our country. 

Well done sir!!

Mental illness generally has little to do with political terrorism. Like I said in the other thread, mass murder is simply a "logical" end point for white supremacist ideology in the United States.

White supremacist ideology that has been echoed and popularized by Trump. 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

1 hour ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Mental illness generally has little to do with political terrorism. Like I said in the other thread, mass murder is simply a "logical" end point for white supremacist ideology in the United States.

What impact do you think the press coverage has on this? Without any doubt it's sad that Trump feeds this dynamic like he does. That said, you can't turn any news program on without hearing about all of this s*** anymore. Racism, white supremacy, etc. That is all we are hearing a 24/7/365. It's all got to stop, doesn't it?

The World Needs More Cowboys!

27 minutes ago, pokebball said:

What impact do you think the press coverage has on this? Without any doubt it's sad that Trump feeds this dynamic like he does. That said, you can't turn any news program on without hearing about all of this s*** anymore. Racism, white supremacy, etc. That is all we are hearing a 24/7/365. It's all got to stop, doesn't it?

Sounds like you want the media to stop covering Trump rallies and tweets.

On 8/4/2019 at 9:28 AM, youngrebelfan40 said:

The perpetrators of these crimes, as evidenced by their respective "manifestos," are not mentally ill so much as they are ideologues IMO.

I guess one could make the arguement that all ideologues are mentally ill... whether you bang your head on the ground 5x a day planning an act of Islamic extremism or pound PBR while shoving meth up your nose at your local white power chapter meeting.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

All this Trump stuff...it's really always been about white nationalism when you get down to it right?  Not in a no race mingling or lynching type way (well maybe in a go take out the inhuman Mexicans sort of way), but in an us versus them framework where "us" the the heartland folks that benefited from decades/centuries of favorable societal and governmental treatment .  Make America great when we were in control of things sort of way?  When Christian white culture dominated every aspect of society sort of way? This president will allow us to say Merry Christmas again!  Whether or not you were on the Trump train explicitly for this, you got to admit this is stuff was at the core of what motivates the movement right?  It's a culture war and it's the culture of 1940s and 1950s christian whites that is being defended. 

1 minute ago, toonkee said:

All this Trump stuff...it's really always been about white nationalism when you get down to it right?  Not in a no race mingling or lynching type way (well maybe in a go take out the inhuman Mexicans sort of way), but in an us versus them framework where "us" the the heartland folks that benefited from decades/centuries of favorable societal and governmental treatment .  Make America great when we were in control of things sort of way?  When Christian white culture dominated every aspect of society sort of way? This president will allow us to say Merry Christmas again!  Whether or not you were on the Trump train explicitly for this, you got to admit this is stuff was at the core of what motivates the movement right?  It's a culture war and it's the culture of 1940s and 1950s christian whites that is being defended. 

No. 

On 8/4/2019 at 11:54 AM, toonkee said:

It's also the same underlying philosophy behind the ariosophic movement that brought us some of mankind's greatest hits, such as the Holocaust.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

Sounds like you want the media to stop covering Trump rallies and tweets.

Not at all. Can there be unintended consequences? Are we more concerned with doing what we can to reduce these mass shootings, or being critical of Trump 24/7/365? When one conflicts with the other, which do we choose?

Democrats could fix the immigration problem any day they want to.   Spend a few dollars on a wall and they could get whatever immigration reform they wanted.

It is just as much democrats fault as Trumps.  In 2009 and 2010 when Obama promised to fix immigration they could have done it anyway they wanted.   

Both sides are using this as a political wedge to get re-elected.

If democrats cared about the country they would compromise.

If republicans cared about the country they would pass immigration reform without wall money.

14 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Not at all. Can there be unintended consequences? Are we more concerned with doing what we can to reduce these mass shootings, or being critical of Trump 24/7/365? When one conflicts with the other, which do we choose?

You asked for the media to stop talking about WP and racisim all the time, yet Trump's rallies and tweets seem to be impetus of much of that coverage.

1 minute ago, toonkee said:

You asked for the media to stop talking about WP and racisim all the time, yet Trump's rallies and tweets seem to be impetus of much of that coverage.

And all of it is exactly what these terrorists want.

2 hours ago, pokebball said:

Depends if Trump wins the Presidency.  If he does, I’m sure he will be adding the volume.