Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Mass shooting in Dayton, Ohio

So far this isn't looking like terrorism. 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

3 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

The Mayo clinic lists depression as a mental illness.  Showing symptoms includes feeling sad or having excess fear.

How many regular Americans wouldn't qualify for this right now?  I want mental health to be reinvested in, but this blanket statement that mental illness is the sole reason these assholes are targeting strangers is the cheap route to rationalize this.  

I'm not saying it's the sole reason. Evil, sick people do exist. All I'm saying is that it is a very large factor in mass shootings and studies show it. 

1 minute ago, pokebball said:

Depression is a most significant mental illness that impacts millions of Americans.

Exactly my point.  How many people would have a regulated gun safe?  How many would be on a watchlist?  How many non-mass shootings should be attributed to mental illness?  How will this work in a courtroom, when they just say "I was depressed"?  Saying mental illness for these cases is essentially a "no shit" statement since millions and millions have depression, and probably the majority of this country shows "signs of mental illness" frequently.  Most far-left and far-right would qualify for showing signs with their pearl-clutching fear of the opposition.

16 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

So far this isn't looking like terrorism. 

That depends on whether you consider incel perpetrated violence as terrorism.

It's not based on race. Ethnicity or religion. It is based on gender and a specific subset of men (Chad's)

I think it's a stretch to consider it terrorism however violence against women is something this country does a very poor job of handling.

One of the Final Five..........

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

Oh you're here. I'm glad it wasn't you doing the shooting. The rhetoric of the shooter and your rhetoric were very similar. 

That's what I was worried about. 

Come on dude, that's totally unnecessary.  

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

It's not really. I was legitimately worried. 

Alrighty then.  There are a lot of raw emotions due to the mass killings yet again.  I won't interject in your battles with Orange.

Just now, Joe from WY said:

LOL. Yeah. And Orange never does that. Or you for that matter...

That said, I bet people brushed the Ohio guy off too, ranting about how his opponents needed to die off.

Seriously glad they weren't the same guy. Was very worried. 

I'm trying to stop doing that.

He lives in Bend (or at least did)

He wouldn't end up in Dayton.  You know better. You're just poking the bear.

One of the Final Five..........

Just now, Rebelbacker said:

I'm sure if Orange and his ilk ever get in power they would never go after people they disagree with. Nah, I think I'll keep my guns. 

Oh yeah. Which is why I'm relieved it wasn't him running around shooting people this weekend. His rhetoric and the shooter's were very similar. Down to the quips. Dude is routinely wishing death on his opponents. So thought maybe he'd taken things into his own hands. Relieved it wasn't the case though. 

Just now, mysfit said:

I don't know anything about him. He could live in Atlanta for all I know. 

But I'm glad it wasn't him. I was legitimately worried until i saw his unhinged profanity on here today and knew that he hadn't been vacationing in the Buckeye State over the weekend. 

30 minutes ago, mysfit said:

Yeah not true at all he was in El Paso! They got the wrong guy. This tragedy just once again shows the need for gun control in this country.

28 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I don't know anything about him. He could live in Atlanta for all I know. 

But I'm glad it wasn't him. I was legitimately worried until i saw his unhinged profanity on here today and knew that he hadn't been vacationing in the Buckeye State over the weekend. 

Not far off. 

2 hours ago, Orange said:

Right, I'm avoiding the discussion because ONE of the three shooters that killed 33 people over the past week happened to not be a white supremacist trump-fellator.

How do you manage to even navigate a grocery store being this +++++ing retarded?

Of course you would blame trump. What a moron! But Obama had nothing to do with Ferguson or Dallas did he?

3 hours ago, madmartigan said:

Sincere question here @bluerules009 : Do you think significantly lower rates of gun violence throughout the rest of the western world is due to better mental health laws or some other factor? 

If you just include the white population of the United States we have the same violent crime and murder rates as England.   Who also have the highest gun ownership rates.

The group with the lowest ownership of guns that lives mostly in the highest population cities and are ruled by democratic governments are the problem.   Gun ownership is obviously not the problem.