Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wyobraska

Potential Nevada Starting QB Solano Breaks Hand

Cristiano Solano broke his throwing hand after hitting it against a helmet in practice and will need surgery.

Is Malik ready to go?  Or will the younger kid start?

http://nevadasportsnet.com/news/reporters/nevadas-potential-starting-qb-cristiano-solano-breaks-hand

This really sucks for the Wolfpack.  Really makes that Purdue game a lot tougher.  

17 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

Cristiano Solano broke his throwing hand after hitting it against a helmet in practice and will need surgery.

Is Malik ready to go?  Or will the younger kid start?

http://nevadasportsnet.com/news/reporters/nevadas-potential-starting-qb-cristiano-solano-breaks-hand

This really sucks for the Wolfpack.  Really makes that Purdue game a lot tougher.  

I don’t think it changes anything. I actually think this makes Norvell’s decision easier. I do hate to see anyone get hurt. That sucks. 

Absolutely, the fans are excited to see what he’s got just like they wanted to see Alabama boy last year, but he was a mental case. Will Malik follow the same path? Maybe so, but I’m hopeful that he’s the kind of QB that plays better in games than practice. 

We’ve pretty weak at QB since Ault left. We were spoiled with his ability to recruit and develop them. But Norvell needs a big QB signing this year, though. 

kat.jpg

6 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Absolutely, the fans are excited to see what he’s got just like they wanted to see Alabama boy last year, but he was a mental case. Will Malik follow the same path? Maybe so, but I’m hopeful that he’s the kind of QB that plays better in games than practice. 

We’ve pretty weak at QB since Ault left. We were spoiled with his ability to recruit and develop them. But Norvell needs a big QB signing this year, though. 

Last year? Are you talking about David Cornwell who I believe was in Norvell's first class?

Wasn't it you who was hyping Cornwell and the 5* long snapper as program changers?

I feel bad for Solano.  That kid has worked hard and really earned his shot at the starting spot.  With that said, I think the job is Strong’s to lose at this point.  He looked really solid in the spring game.  It would be nice to have a kid who could eventually become a four-year starter.

8 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

Damn, so that article made it seem like Solano was in the lead to start.  Is that not the case?  Is Strong the one who was actually in the lead for the starting job?

Murray thinks it was Solano’s job to lose because he has paid his dues and did get the one start against Fresno. That was just his guess.

But most of the fans feel like the other two have more upside AND will be around for 2 and four years respectively. 

I’m 99% certain Strong will be the starter on opening day. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

4 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

Murray thinks it was Solano’s job to lose because he has paid his dues and did get the one start against Fresno. That was just his guess.

But most of the fans feel like the other two have more upside AND will be around for 2 and four years respectively. 

Solano seems like a tough kid. 

He did a good impression of a pinata against Fresno's defense last year.

8 hours ago, PackNation said:

Last year? Are you talking about David Cornwell who I believe was in Norvell's first class?

Wasn't it you who was hyping Cornwell and the 5* long snapper as program changers?

Besides the fact that you have shit for a memory, I think your obsession with snapper is going to earn you the name, DickSnapperNation, or DickSnap for short. LOL.

kat.jpg

15 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

What does Phil Steele say on the subject?

16 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

I don’t think it changes anything. I actually think this makes Norvell’s decision easier. I do hate to see anyone get hurt. That sucks. 

Exactly this. I hate that Solano got hurt, and I think he’d have started against Purdue. But I think Strong or Henry we’re going to be the guy sooner rather than later.

1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

Besides the fact that you have shit for a memory, I think your obsession with snapper is going to earn you the name, DickSnapperNation, or DickSnap for short. LOL.

My memory is shit?

Cornwell was at Nevada last year as you claimed?

Why are you so defensive that you predicted a long snapper would be a program game changer?

Not like it's the first time you have been wrong. LOL back atcha