Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kingpotato

Boise State fall ball updates

5 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Heard that Keegan Duncan was wearing a huge knee brace and on crutches at Tablerock this past weekend.

So likely a redshirt season in store for the 4* Idahoan RB.

It's because they didn't play him at RB like they were supposed to. #MBRBIA= Make Boise RB's Idahoan again

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Heard that Keegan Duncan was wearing a huge knee brace and on crutches at Tablerock this past weekend.

So likely a redshirt season in store for the 4* Idahoan RB.

That was likely (redshirt) to happen anyway. 

I was just thinking how little mention there has been of Casey Kline. He came in early, although he was injured. They are pretty thin at LB. I would've thought he was likely to get PT as a tfFR. but I haven't heard anything about him. 

19 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

I was just thinking how little mention there has been of Casey Kline. He came in early, although he was injured. They are pretty thin at LB. I would've thought he was likely to get PT as a tfFR. but I haven't heard anything about him. 

He's listed as a STUD not an interior linebacker like most thought he'd be.

Behind Curtis Weaver who get's playing time there?

Sam Whitney is out for the year.

Other guys listed at the position are Demitri Washington (R-Fr), walk-on Dylan Herberg (R-Fr), Casey Kline (T-Fr), and Isaiah Bagnah (T-Fr).  I haven't heard much through camp about any of them standing out, so maybe there's a chance Kline plays quite a bit.

15 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

He's listed as a STUD not an interior linebacker like most thought he'd be.

Behind Curtis Weaver who get's playing time there?

Sam Whitney is out for the year.

Other guys listed at the position are Demitri Washington (R-Fr), walk-on Dylan Herberg (R-Fr), Casey Kline (T-Fr), and Isaiah Bagnah (T-Fr).  I haven't heard much through camp about any of them standing out, so maybe there's a chance Kline plays quite a bit.

The Whitney injury was tough. They get really young after him. It'll be good to get him back next year (hopefully) to replace Weaver (likely gone). 

12 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Ugh jeez. Boise is NOT favored and the VEGAS LINE has moved towards Florida State. Meaning the money is still being put on FSU. And, yes, that statement is completely irrelevant to where the game is played. 

The poster I quoted said “we are going to be Florida State at their place”. I responded, “the game is in Jacksonville and I believe that we are favored“. And you quoted that and wrote “incorrect“. To which I responded, “the game is in Jacksonville“. Your quote of incorrect was in fact, incorrect. If you had correctly stated, “yes, the game is in Jacksonville but Florida State is favored” Then your quote would be correct but  since you simply responded with the word word “ Incorrect” without clarifying which part of the sentence you thought was in fact incorrect, that leaves the reader to believe that you too thought the game was at Florida State which makes your post of the word “incorrect” in fact, incorrect.

13 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Ugh jeez. Boise is NOT favored and the VEGAS LINE has moved towards Florida State. Meaning the money is still being put on FSU. And, yes, that statement is completely irrelevant to where the game is played. 

Look at halfmanhalfbroncos quoted response to my post on the previous page. His response was completely correct. Your post was incorrect because you did not specify/separate the correct part from the incorrect part, You merely wrote the word “incorrect” when half of my post was in fact, correct. Hope that clears things up for you.

9 hours ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

The poster I quoted said “we are going to be Florida State at their place”. I responded, “the game is in Jacksonville and I believe that we are favored“. And you quoted that and wrote “incorrect“. To which I responded, “the game is in Jacksonville“. Your quote of incorrect was in fact, incorrect. If you had correctly stated, “yes, the game is in Jacksonville but Florida State is favored” Then your quote would be correct but  since you simply responded with the word word “ Incorrect” without clarifying which part of the sentence you thought was in fact incorrect, that leaves the reader to believe that you too thought the game was at Florida State which makes your post of the word “incorrect” in fact, incorrect.

Oh God, you're a fecking idiot. I addressed the incorrect part... which was completely incorrect. I didn't mention the other part, because that wasn't the incorrect part. Think of it like an addendum to a contract. You accept the entire contract, but you are changing something. You only address the one item, you don't rewrite the whole contract. 

So here is the question; Is Boise State favored? If they aren't, you are completely, 100%, incorrect. 

10 hours ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

Look at halfmanhalfbroncos quoted response to my post on the previous page. His response was completely correct. Your post was incorrect because you did not specify/separate the correct part from the incorrect part, You merely wrote the word “incorrect” when half of my post was in fact, correct. Hope that clears things up for you.

Uhhh, yes I did. I said EXACTLY which part was incorrect. See, that's how you do it. You point out the incorrect part. You don't have to line item the whole post. 

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

Uhhh, yes I did. I said EXACTLY which part was incorrect. See, that's how you do it. You point out the incorrect part. You don't have to line item the whole post. 

Now you’re just being a prideful douche. I already gave an example of how you would have been correct by pointing to half man half Broncos post. Can you not clearly see the difference between his response and yours? Anyway on an unrelated note something has happened to you in the last several months, maybe a divorce or a job loss, steroids? Because you’ve been become a complete jerk and you used to be a pretty nice guy. What is wrong? What’s going on in your life?

34 minutes ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

Now you’re just being a prideful douche. I already gave an example of how you would have been correct by pointing to half man half Broncos post. Can you not clearly see the difference between his response and yours? Anyway on an unrelated note something has happened to you in the last several months, maybe a divorce or a job loss, steroids? Because you’ve been become a complete jerk and you used to be a pretty nice guy. What is wrong? What’s going on in your life?

I was recently diagnosed with a condition that makes me intolerant of dumbassery

1 hour ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

Anyway on an unrelated note something has happened to you in the last several months, maybe a divorce or a job loss, steroids? Because you’ve been become a complete jerk and you used to be a pretty nice guy. What is wrong? What’s going on in your life?

:rolleyes:

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

Florida State's weakest position last year was their OL. They lose three from that OL. Two of the spots will be FR (one true, one RS). Another is a Northern Illinois grad transfer. BTW, NIU rushed for the fewest yards per game in over a decade and there was only two teams in the country that allowed more sacks than the Huskies. This will be Boise's biggest advantage and they need to dominate it.

On 8/19/2019 at 12:11 PM, madmartigan said:

I think a lot of this success has to do with Pete and Harsin's focus on getting guys with Ivy league offers. What are your thoughts on the coorelation @halfmanhalfbronco? I think it's compelling. 

I think there’s obviously a high correlation there...

The smarter guys will always execute better..

New-Signature.jpg

1 hour ago, SBBulldog85 said:

Apparently Boise States FG kickers were not ivy league recruits...

It's true.  I don't think Boise offered scholarships to kickers in those days (and still is pretty rare for them to do so). 

This year's likely starter Sachse is a solid graduate transfer from Trinity College - a walk-on.

Last year's kicker Hoggarth was awarded one just before his last season.  I don't think Velazquez (Punter/Kickoffs) is on scholarship.

I believe Boise's only scholarship kicker right now at kicker is true freshman K/P Gavin Wale.  His only other offers were from AFA and Army.

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

It's true.  I don't think Boise offered scholarships to kickers in those days (and still is pretty rare for them to do so). 

This year's likely starter Sachse is a solid graduate transfer from Trinity College - a walk-on.

Last year's kicker Hoggarth was awarded one just before his last season.  I don't think Velazquez (Punter/Kickoffs) is on scholarship.

I believe Boise's only scholarship kicker right now at kicker is true freshman K/P Gavin Wale.  His only other offers were from AFA and Army.

well obviously Boise can do whatever they want, but I know that many schools recruit kickers and offer scholarships to them.  Fresno State does that.