Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kingpotato

Boise State fall ball updates

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Holding his own vs. #1 Evans :ph34r:

And looks really big for a true fresh CB.

Markel was one of the handful of FR that were brought in early in hopes they could contribute this year. RB on offense and CB on defense are the two easiest positions to contribute as a trFR. Looks like Boise might get one of each. 

3 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

This will be the most athletic team Boise has had, if Akot gets his waiver. 

Akot will not get his waiver, lol.  But honestly that is a good thing, he will do more good for the program by sitting out a year.

I'm wondering if this is the oldest defense Boise has ever had. Three of the starters are married and all three are whiteshirts with two being SRs and one a JR. Moa is a 6th year SR. You have a 5th year SR and 4th year JR on the ends. Every starter is a JR or SR except (likely starter) 3rd year SO Zeke Noa. I don't want to do the math, but the average age has to be around 23 or 24, no?

13 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I'm wondering if this is the oldest defense Boise has ever had. Three of the starters are married and all three are whiteshirts with two being SRs and one a JR. Moa is a 6th year SR. You have a 5th year SR and 4th year JR on the ends. Every starter is a JR or SR except (likely starter) 3rd year SO Zeke Noa. I don't want to do the math, but the average age has to be around 23 or 24, no?

Yeah, it does sound a lot like your typical BYU team.

25 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

44,000 tickets already sold to the opener in Jacksonville.

https://www.jacksonville.com/sports/20190806/florida-state-vs-boise-ticket-sales-picking-up-pace-for-game-at-tiaa-bank-field

Says they hope to sell 55k (which seems low for the 67k seat stadium).

that's a nice crowd, in 2017 Fresno played in Alabama in front of 101,127 fans. 

Tuscaloosa Stadium only holds 101,821.  So it was packed and rocking...

17 minutes ago, Blue voodoo said:

Pretty sure Boise would get the same crowd or even more if we played bama.Just saying.

I'm sure that's right.  I wasn't implying that the stadium sold out for Fresno.  The Alabama fans were clearly there to see THEIR team.  I was just talking about the difference in crowd size.

3 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

44,000 tickets already sold to the opener in Jacksonville.

https://www.jacksonville.com/sports/20190806/florida-state-vs-boise-ticket-sales-picking-up-pace-for-game-at-tiaa-bank-field

Says they hope to sell 55k (which seems low for the 67k seat stadium).

Was there ever an explanation as to why this is being played in Jacksonville, is it being treated as a kickoff game and tickets sales are split?

8 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Was there ever an explanation as to why this is being played in Jacksonville, is it being treated as a kickoff game and tickets sales are split?

I'm fairly certain it's so they don't do their return game. Even though Apsey has said they're planning on FSU coming to Boise, you look at their schedule and they have three of the four OOC games at home. I think they are bracing on having to add a late money game and still keep a balanced schedule. That's totally and completely conjecture on my part, though. I've heard nothing to support it. 

Per Chadd Cripe of the Statesman

A season after ranking No. 2 in the nation on third down with a conversion rate of 52.7 percent, the Boise State offense had rapper Ol’ Dirty Bastard’s 1999 song “Got Your Money” on repeat during practice Wednesday morning. The song played before every third-down snap.

1 hour ago, Blue voodoo said:

Sorry 14 and 4

If you are going to come back with a dig like that at least try and have the math right.  The total wins for Boise is 15 and total wins for Fresno is 7.

Boise State
15WINS(.682)
0TIES
7WINS(.318)

CURRENT WIN STREAK 1 FRESNO STATE (2018)
Fresno State

I was directed to check out Evans second catch, probably because it was more of a circus type catch.  I would have been a lot more impressed by the catch if he had caught it in bounds and so would anyone else.  That was my implication.

1 hour ago, SBBulldog85 said:

If you are going to come back with a dig like that at least try and have the math right.  The total wins for Boise is 15 and total wins for Fresno is 7.

Boise State

15WINS(.682)
0TIES
7WINS(.318)

CURRENT WIN STREAK 1 FRESNO STATE (2018)

Fresno State

I was directed to check out Evans second catch, probably because it was more of a circus type catch.  I would have been a lot more impressed by the catch if he had caught it in bounds and so would anyone else.  That was my implication.

Lol at counting wins in the 70's and 80's before Boise become 1A.

7 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

Looks like the field still needs some rubber adjustments before the first home game.  

Most of us men have had to make a rubber adjustment a time or two.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg